Who is our first rounder in 2016? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is our first rounder in 2016?

Oline, as asd as that makes me feel...if a stud Lber comes available, yeah, but Oline has to come out with 3 picks next draft!!

Jaylen Ramsey, laremy tunsil, Vernon Hargreaves, jaylon smith, Reggie Ragland, Kendall fuller, maybe Ezekiel depending where our pick is. I would be really happy with any of them

If the draft were tomorrow:

1. Robert Nkemdiche, DT, Ole Miss....he just looks like a man playing against boys, or

1A. Jaylon Smith, LB, Notre Dame.....a fast LB who is a sure tackler.

We have to fix our porous defense or it won't matter who we have on offense. I would then draft two or three O-lineman in a row. Our O- line is garbage and was totally ignored in this past year's draft and free agency. Jamil Douglas was a bad pick.

Nkemdiche will be a top 3 pick easy. But maybe that won't be out of our range

So much defensive talent it will be hard not to go in that direction with the first two picks...

I'm very torn (thanks FTB)...I love Jaylon Smith...think he is the best backer to come out since Kuechly and would have an instant impact on the D, but with that said if having a chance as a Bosa, Ramsey, or Hargreaves and getting Scooby in the second is a reality then you get two guys who can instantly upgrade the D.

So much defensive talent it will be hard not to go in that direction with the first two picks...

I'm very torn (thanks FTB)...I love Jaylon Smith...think he is the best backer to come out since Kuechly and would have an instant impact on the D, but with that said if having a chance as a Bosa, Ramsey, or Hargreaves and getting Scooby in the second is a reality then you get two guys who can instantly upgrade the D.

We're currently picking 9th (well tied with Washington and Tennessee). Chicago has sold out and probably going to get that 1st pick this year so they can get their QB of the future. Saints also pick in front of us and they may need to think about getting a QB depending on Brees' shoulder. Rams are also ahead of us so I would say 3 teams of the 8 in front of us, right now, may be looking hard at QBs. If Washington ends up picking in front of us that's another. I would say the Ravens, Jags, Bucs, and Titans (all who pick ahead of us right now) would be looking defense. Detroit (OL) and Chiefs (OL) who are also ahead of us would be looking offense. Alex Smith's been sacked 14 times already I think so OL would probably be high on their list. Stafford's been sacked 10 times I believe. I think you have to worry about the Ravens and the Bucs if things stay where they are (which they won't) taking a linebacker.

I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing a DB either. We need a boundary corner pretty bad. Grimes won't be playing at this level for long and Brice McCain is awful and there aren't any solutions on the roster. We have Bobby McCain who I think will be a solid slot corner in time but Taylor hasn't panned out and Lippett I think is too slow. Lippett may be functional in a Seahawks type defense but the front 7 would have to be solid and generate pressure.

We're currently picking 9th (well tied with Washington and Tennessee). Chicago has sold out and probably going to get that 1st pick this year so they can get their QB of the future. Saints also pick in front of us and they may need to think about getting a QB depending on Brees' shoulder. Rams are also ahead of us so I would say 3 teams of the 8 in front of us, right now, may be looking hard at QBs. If Washington ends up picking in front of us that's another. I would say the Ravens, Jags, Bucs, and Titans (all who pick ahead of us right now) would be looking defense. Detroit (OL) and Chiefs (OL) who are also ahead of us would be looking offense. Alex Smith's been sacked 14 times already I think so OL would probably be high on their list. Stafford's been sacked 10 times I believe. I think you have to worry about the Ravens and the Bucs if things stay where they are (which they won't) taking a linebacker.

I wouldn't be opposed to grabbing a DB either. We need a boundary corner pretty bad. Grimes won't be playing at this level for long and Brice McCain is awful and there aren't any solutions on the roster. We have Bobby McCain who I think will be a solid slot corner in time but Taylor hasn't panned out and Lippett I think is too slow. Lippett may be functional in a Seahawks type defense but the front 7 would have to be solid and generate pressure.

DB, may be our biggest need and if I'm picking top 10 there are only two guys I would consider....you make some good points about the direction of that unit and what we are left with...Jones and Grimes (for maybe one more season). That unit is getting embarrassed each week (scheme is part of the blame, but we do lack talent) an upgrade there would be most beneficial.

It seems that we will have more needs than we ever have. We are set with starters at QB, WR, DT and TE. We need 3 Olinemen, a RB, DE, 2 LBs, 1 CB and S. Thats almost half a team of starters.

If the Phins get the #1 overall pick, I would trade it down for as many picks as we can get. Let's face it, we are going to need many guys on both sides of the ball to fix this mess.

Back
Top Bottom