Who is our leader on offense? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is our leader on offense?

McMichael has the mouth for the job :D I'd say him before anybody else. Hopefully it will be AJ soon enough.

Hey guys, remember when Ricky was our leader? :tongue:

wazzy said:
brown- he is a rookie
QUOTE]
Vilma was just a rookie the he became the defensive leader for the Jets during training camp sooo there is a good chance Brown can be the leader.

Dmarino110 said:
I never said he would start anywhere else. I didnt like him for 2 and 1/2 years either, but I do acknoledge him as a tough compedator who wanted to win. I respected him but never said he was a marino or even scott michel

Who were all the teams knocking down Feeleys door to get him? old flappy ears Played more then 8 games in college and was a triathelete. he also won 10 games his first season as the starter (hes done more the feeley both pro and college)

Why cant some people admit this was one of the stupidest shows of power (SPIELMAN) ever in the NFL

You didn't even consider Fiedler on the same level as a Scot Mitchell yet you credit Fiedler for "leading" the Phins to their winning records. :lol:

Great logic.

As for having played more college games, Fiedler played college ball for Dartmoth.......

There are a few High School teams in S. Florida that could beat Dartmouth so I really don't see how the argument you are using justifies anything. AJ Feeley may very well be a bust or he may turn out just fine. No one can possibly know the answer yet. The jury is still out on AJ but the case on Fiedler is finally closed. Let's see how AJ does this year before labeling him a bust huh?

Dmarino110 said:
I never said he would start anywhere else. I didnt like him for 2 and 1/2 years either, but I do acknoledge him as a tough compedator who wanted to win. I respected him but never said he was a marino or even scott michel

Who were all the teams knocking down Feeleys door to get him? old flappy ears Played more then 8 games in college and was a triathelete. he also won 10 games his first season as the starter (hes done more the feeley both pro and college)

Why cant some people admit this was one of the stupidest shows of power (SPIELMAN) ever in the NFL

He has also made more mistakes then Feeley. Is that his fault? It's not all the QB's fault. Wanny had a basic offense installed. The offense got worse every year, it relied on the pounding RB more and more. Then that pounding RB was gone, we got to see what the offense really was. A Joke!

I am not saying that Feeley is the answer, but he has more talent then Fiedler has. Of course thats nothing to brag about. What I like about Feeley is how he knew Wanny was a Moron. He could see right thru Wanny. I mean who has an offense with no check downs? With No audiables? With no Hot routes? That's what puzzled Feeley, HE had to force the ball into places where it shouldn't be forced to. Same with Fiedler, the offense these QB's had to run was sad.

We will find out this year what Feeley is made of. I think he has what it takes to be a Leader. If he fails we move on, if he doesn't fail then hey, time to kick some arse!

There were no leaders on O last year because our coaching staff wouldn't permit it. Think back to all the problems we had last summer with our O-coordinator and Wanny's mismanagement of the Qb situation. AJ Feeley was not given a fair chance to show his leadership (or lack of it). I think the guy deserves a year under Saban to demonstrate his abilities.
For a team to be successfull, the Qb obviously needs to lead, but leadership is required from several people. I think Randy and Booker will really step it up this year.

I really don't think we have much of a leader on offense but the two guys that come to mind the most if I had to choose would Randy McMichael and maybe... MAYBE Chris Chambers. I think this year someone will have to step up and become more vocal and leads this team. I think that would have to be our QB whomever that may be.

painnotpleasure said:
I really don't think we have much of a leaders on offense but the two guys that come to mind the most if I had to choose would Randy McMichael and Chris Chambers. I think this year someone will have to step up and because more of a leader and I think that would have to be our QB whomever it may be.

I don't think Chambers is much of a leader at all. He needs to start battling for the ball more when its in the air. Just jump up and take the dang thing away from the defenders. So many times I see him give up on a play that he could have changed the outcome on.

knight6jb said:
You are kidding, right? Fiedler got screwed by us???!! We got screwed by Wanny being a stubborn POS and not pulling him when he sucked a**. So you're a Fiedler fan, u dont back Feeley obviously, and you are sticking up for Dave W............Is that you Wanny???

:sr23:<-----nope not Wanny.

I thought wanny was miny J Johnson. He didnt want the QB controversy he had in chicago and stuck with the man that had won 40 or so games.

Fiedler made stupid, stupid, stupid mistakes but he made some great plays and could win with his feet (last minute win vs the raiders comes to mind) and he played injured. his offence had acknoledged him as the leader on O. :confused::confused::confused::confused:Then you bring in a 3rd stringer and give up a second round pick:confused::confused::confused::confused:

NathanHunt said:
Wasn't it McMichael who "blew up" on the sidelines last year when the offense was playing poorly?

Personally, I believe a leader should be in a "leader" position. Granted, it speaks NOTHING of the personality of the person in the position... everyone is different. But, firmly believe the QB should be the leader.

That said, I think AJ needs to take over. If the guys in the huddle look to one player for the play call and another for motivation, it can be counterproductive. I'm not saying it CAN'T work that way. Just saying it's better for the QB to the voice of the offensive team.

I honestly believe AJ could mature into that role. He's a fighter and let's face it, the kid never gave up on the team no matter what happened. However, he does need to be a vocal leader. "Lead by example" only gets you so far with a bunch of overpaid egos. Eventually, you have to command their respect with vocal leadership.

If AJ can mature into the vocal offensive leader of the offense, I think the rest of the "fears" about him can be disspelled. Winning changes everything.

I don't recall Bob Griese (or Joe Montana, for that matter) being very vocal. In fact, they were calm, deliberate leaders of their respective offenses. Feeley doesn't have to be vocal, but he does have to exude confidence.

Dmarino110 said:
If you remember Fiedler won 10 games for 4 seasons, 2 of those without Ricky williams. Bring back jay and lamar :D

Fiedler was garbage, our defense won 10 games he did little to help them out.

Dmarino110 said:

Try tading Feeley to anyone right now and see how hard they laugh. We have the worst QB situation in the entire NFL. No wonder everyone thinks we win 5 games only next year.

TRADE FOR RIVERS, RAMSEY OR BREES.

With the guys he has to throw to, and the back he has to carry the ball?

It had better be Feeley.

dolphingator said:
TRADE FOR RIVERS, RAMSEY OR BREES.

wow thats kinda dumb, why Rivers isnt ging to leave and bring Brees here nope and Ramsey is the starter for washington for right now

Back
Top Bottom