Who is our leader on offense? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is our leader on offense?

"Mcmichael- The most consistent player on our offense for us"
:roflmao:

Chambers is good...lots of potential...But as far as leader, there's no doubt about it..THat's RANDY MCMICHAEL.

McMichael is most def. the leader of the O. Chambers hasn't done squat IMHO, and the fact that many people on this board think he is the best WR the Dolphins ever had, you might want to re-think that and find some footage of Dan's weapons Clayton and Duper. Until Feeley shows he can run the offense, McMichael will be the leader because he is the most vocal and wants to win.

NathanHunt said:
Wasn't it McMichael who "blew up" on the sidelines last year when the offense was playing poorly?

Personally, I believe a leader should be in a "leader" position. Granted, it speaks NOTHING of the personality of the person in the position... everyone is different. But, firmly believe the QB should be the leader.

That said, I think AJ needs to take over. If the guys in the huddle look to one player for the play call and another for motivation, it can be counterproductive. I'm not saying it CAN'T work that way. Just saying it's better for the QB to the voice of the offensive team.

I honestly believe AJ could mature into that role. He's a fighter and let's face it, the kid never gave up on the team no matter what happened. However, he does need to be a vocal leader. "Lead by example" only gets you so far with a bunch of overpaid egos. Eventually, you have to command their respect with vocal leadership.

If AJ can mature into the vocal offensive leader of the offense, I think the rest of the "fears" about him can be disspelled. Winning changes everything.

Nathan...I have to harken back to another time and use the Fins of the early 70's as an example...Griese was not very vocal. He was very cerebral, but that didn't equate to "leadership" as you say...the leader of that squad, was with no uncertainty, Larry Czonka...he was the heart and soul of the offense during those years. He was the leader on and off the field and it worked pretty well. Another example is Pittsburgh...the leader of that offense is the Bus, not Big Ben...but its working...

That said, this is a different team and I think it is AJs team to have. He showed his teammates toughness last year playing thru injuries. That was a good start. If he carries that on this year, he'll be our "leader" on offense as the QB normally is. This is a telling year for AJ. All he needs to be successful is to play like he was starting to play the last few games, with a better scheme and coaching...Of course, as he plays better, he will assume the leadership role on the O. Now if he struggles, whether it be because of poor supporting cast or his insufficiencies, he'll also struggle in taking that leader role...

I don't think there is a leader on offense. I will go a step further and say there is not a player who is the "Face of the franchise," and people will come back with Nick Saban is the face, but that's BS, Bill Belicheck-a coach who will go down as one of the all-time greats whether people here wanna admit or not is the face of the Pats it's Tom Brady. Qb's supposed to be the leader, but how can AJ or Gus be the leader when neither is the starting Qb yet...If you've got 2 QB's trying to be the starter, you don't really have a starting QB.

I will say by the end of last year AJ had become the leader of this team. The players started to rally around him more and more after that Seattle game. I think those players went out and played a lttile bit harder after seeing him keep picking himself up off the ground and fighting through injuries. He think he gained the respect of his teamates also by not pointing fingers and blaming or calling out anyone. With that being said he still has to hold onto the starting job in order to lead this team.

PhinFan0202 said:
AJ hasn't done anything yet to earn the right of being the leader.

No one on the offense has. Why single out AJ? The only who has done something recently to earn the right of being leader is the pothead.

wazzy said:
feely- 2nd year player and he doesnt look like he shows good leadership even though he is a tuff guy

brown- he is a rookie

O-Line- None of them have been around longer then 3 years

Chambers- possibly our leader considering hes been around the longest on our offense

Mcmichael- The most consistent player on our offense for us

Booker- His second year here

I think 1 thing we lack is leadership on offense considering our defense is set even though this isn't something huge to worry about but it does hurt in close games probly?

Our leader is Randy McMichael, but our leader should be our starting QB. Being that Feeley sucks and Frerotte is still new, McMichael has been the most outspoken on offense the last few years. Bottom line whoever our starting QB is going to be SHOULD be the leader, but for right now that remains to be seen.

McMike probably is due to being so vocal and outspoken but Feeley needs to step forward and become the leader. We do not need another silent QB like our last one was.

Chris Chambers is not the Offense's leader and never will be because he's not a "leader". Leaders are born, they're not made. Chris Chamber is a follower. Leaders are people that other people tend to gravitate too and rally around. It has to be "in" you and part of your personality. It doesn't matter what position you play or what type of leader you are. Some people can lead by example, some are very vocal, some run around patting others on the tush doing a rah-rah routine but the common traits they all usually share are "passion", "accountability", and "vision". You can't exude leadership if it's not "in" you because it's obvious and people will be able to see through that (look at our President).

Dan Marino was a screamer but it was his passion and fire for the game that drew people to him (if they ran the wrong route, they got burned by it too). Joe Montana was not very vocal but he gave off that aura of confidence that people feed off of (like Tom Brady in Pan-Z-land). The QB position is the most visable position for fans to recognize leadership abilities (or lack off) because QB's touch the ball on every play.

With that being said. It's obvious that Randy McMichael is the leader of our offense because of his passion for the game. Some guys are able to go home and play with their kids and forget all about the loss but I'm sure Randy is one of those guys who goes home ticked off and is running all of the different scenerios through his mind of what he could've done different to change the outcome of the game. I'm not saying that he goes home and kicks the family dog after a loss but that he's in a bad mood for a few days.

Our defense has those type of guys in Zach, J.T. and the most obvious... Junior Seau. They give it their all and play with passion. Guys feed off of them but IMO, chemistry is just as important as leadership when it comes to "TEAM" sports. My old flag football team routinely beat up on teams that were a lot more talented and younger then us because they couldn't match our focus, intensity, or our camaraderie. We didn't talk smack to other teams and we didn't point fingers at each other if we lost. It was all about that 1 day each week where we could go play some football and hang out at the bar shooting the sh#t with each other without our wives nagging us. We dominated the C.D.F.F.L. with a QB that was nicknamed "Jay Fiedler" by an opposing player because of his poor arm and his knack of throwing 2 int's a game. We got by with dominating O-line and D-line play and a very fast RB. On offense, we either ran it or threw a screen. That only worked because we played with guys that every single one of us would give our last breath for.

Back
Top Bottom