Who is the Fins 2nd best player of all time? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is the Fins 2nd best player of all time?

No, I get it I kind of feel the same way. But I would also put that more on the coach than the player. Shula should have reigned him in Dan's first couple of years.
Completely agree. I know that if I was in SHULA's shoes, I probably would have done the exact damn same thing (if I was half as smart as The DON). Yeah, if MARINO had a half way decent running game & defense...? Woulda, coulda, shoulda...

NOPE. MARINO was his own worst enemy. No one could throw the rock like DAN. But you could always tell when a run was coming, just look at the frown/pouty lips on his face. And SHULA, never seeing a talent like that before, just let MARINO fling it all over the place. GREATEST PASSER OF ALL TIME! Not one of my favorite DOLPHINS. I know I'll get blasted but, its how I saw it.
I think that was happening during the Jimmy years more so than the Shula years...IIRC

I am a bit surprised at the love for Csonka here. I was pretty young then, but as a kid, what I remember was that Csonka, Kiick, and Warfield turned traitor on Miami and signed with the WFL. It destroyed that Dolphin team, in an era where players rarely changed teams and dynasties could be built. If that team had stayed together in the 70's who knows how many more Super Bowls we'd have. Just now, I looked up on Csonka's page and it seems he had some pretty good reasons for leaving and that Joe Robbie kind of messed up the deal...but that's not the way it seemed to me as a kid in Northern California in an era with little news access. For me, Griese was the trooper for staying with the team through those lean years then. He would be my choice for second best...but talent-wise, you'd certainly have a case for Csonka, Ricky, or Jason...

sad part about being a 26 year old dolphin fan is that i really just started watching dan in his twilight years, and didn't see any of the glory days dolphins...JT for that reason would be the best I got to really see...that's why i remember being so burned when he went to the jets....

you can’t be serious

You had to watch him play, bro. He was like a stronger armed Chad Pennington with even more intelligence and command. The guy called all his own plays. He was nicknamed "the surgeon" and "the professor" for a reason.

Stephenson was dominant...not sure he rates 2nd though as he was cut down in his prime (by a member of the hated Jets)
Barely saw the heroes of the early 70s play so hard for me to weigh on on them

There has gotta be a place for:

Zach Thomas,
Jim Jenson
Marks Brothers
Jake Scott
Richmond Webb
Tony Nathan (and his background story)

There has gotta be a place for:

Zach Thomas,
Jim Jenson
Marks Brothers
Jake Scott
Richmond Webb
Tony Nathan (and his background story)

This debate looks generational.

But results matter. Those results, build foundations. Those 70s teams were beast. The 80s teams took to the air. The 90s were a big freaking thud.

And I didn't care about the fish until 82-83.

So I tip my hat to those era's. Because I'm still here.

I am a bit surprised at the love for Csonka here. I was pretty young then, but as a kid, what I remember was that Csonka, Kiick, and Warfield turned traitor on Miami and signed with the WFL. It destroyed that Dolphin team, in an era where players rarely changed teams and dynasties could be built. If that team had stayed together in the 70's who knows how many more Super Bowls we'd have. Just now, I looked up on Csonka's page and it seems he had some pretty good reasons for leaving and that Joe Robbie kind of messed up the deal...but that's not the way it seemed to me as a kid in Northern California in an era with little news access. For me, Griese was the trooper for staying with the team through those lean years then. He would be my choice for second best...but talent-wise, you'd certainly have a case for Csonka, Ricky, or Jason...

If you are depicting Csonka as a traitor, why then are you including Taylor? (and no I don't hold the rancid Tuna forcing him into Washington against him but I sure do hold the Jets against him especially when his bro in law refused to even interview with NE).

Back
Top Bottom