Who is your third favorite Dolphin QB? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your third favorite Dolphin QB?

Who is your third favorite Dolphin QB???

• Jay Fiedler

Votes: 47 11.5%
  • David Woodley

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Don Strock

Votes: 104 25.6%
  • Earl Morrall

Votes: 58 14.3%
  • Scott Mitchell

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • Damon Huard

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Bernie Kosar

Votes: 45 11.1%
  • Craig Erickson

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Brian Griese

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • John Stofa

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • A. J. Feeley

Votes: 27 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 21 5.2%

• Total voters
What, no Steve Deberg on that list???? The 40 something year old 3rd or 4th stringer who had to polay the season Marino went down, and he didn't do too bad(For an old man at leastLMAO) But seriously....... I'd have to say Don Strock

outlawd2u said:
What, no Steve Deberg on that list???? The 40 something year old 3rd or 4th stringer who had to polay the season Marino went down, and he didn't do too bad(For an old man at leastLMAO) But seriously....... I'd have to say Don Strock
Steve Deberg is my 3rd fav.

Scott Mitchell could have done well in Miami. He had a strong arm and we had a good pass protecting O-Line back then. He was my 3rd favorite.

I put Woodley down, but I had a Brain Martz and missed Earl Morrall on the poll.

Fiedler always showed guts and heart. He always gave it his all and never complained. He wasnt the best qb but he was the type of player that any team would want relative to his heart and attitude.

Doug Peterson.....LOL
(Actually he won the game in Philly that got the record for Shula).
All he did was hand the ball off.,tho

If Bob Griese didn' t get healthy at the end of 1972, we all would be hailing the Earl.

What about a favorite almost Dolphin QB

Like Joe Theisman.

No, not really. I didn't think so.

But, Strock was a great backup. David Woodley was sometimes fun to watch. But Morrall was a consumate pro.

Morrall is a no-brainer

This franchise will be known for the '72 undefeated season, long after all of us are dead. There was no perfect season minus Earl Morrall.

We were on the verge of a devastating and embarrassing first-round playoff exit to Cleveland in '72 until Morrall hit Warfield with a long pass in the middle of the fourth quarter. Kiick scored the go-ahead and eventual winning TD a few plays later.

I would have Griese comfortably ahead of Marino. Not based on passing ability, obviously, but everything else like cadence, ball handling, scrambling, play calling and especially a team-oriented unselfish knowledge of how vital the running game was, especially in that era and given our strengths. Marino undoubtedly would have wanted to win it 30+ times even with Csonka, Morris and the interior O-line of Keuch, Little and Langer.

As much as I respect Marino and everything he gave us, I'll always wonder how this franchise would have evolved if he wasn't available in '83. Shula was still a relatively young coach, but after acquiring Marino all the critical attention-to-detail and blue-collar necessities faded into oblivion as he relied on Danny's right arm to bail us out.

It's laughable idiocy to herald Shula as adapting to Marino's strengths and smartly changing our style to fit. Yeah, we ran the ball 8 times in the '94 playoff loss at San Diego, despite leading the entire game and often by signifiant margin. That was coaching/quarterbacking incompetence and stupidity that may never be equaled. Even when Bradshaw and Swann/Stallworth were in their primes in the late '70s, Chuck Knoll still insisted on running the ball an average of 35+ times per game. Shula got away from that and his zero titles after '73 is a just reward.

Back
Top Bottom