Who is your third favorite Dolphin QB? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who is your third favorite Dolphin QB?

Who is your third favorite Dolphin QB???

• Jay Fiedler

Votes: 47 11.5%
  • David Woodley

Votes: 46 11.3%
  • Don Strock

Votes: 104 25.6%
  • Earl Morrall

Votes: 58 14.3%
  • Scott Mitchell

Votes: 16 3.9%
  • Damon Huard

Votes: 18 4.4%
  • Bernie Kosar

Votes: 45 11.1%
  • Craig Erickson

Votes: 2 0.5%
  • Brian Griese

Votes: 20 4.9%
  • John Stofa

Votes: 3 0.7%
  • A. J. Feeley

Votes: 27 6.6%
  • Other

Votes: 21 5.2%

• Total voters
Where's Garo? If Fiedler is on the list...

My third favorite Dolphins QB of all time would have to be Dan Marino, with A.J. Feeley in both 1st and 2nd place.

I gotta say Fiedler, was one of my fav QBs for about 3 years but never had enough to take us past the elite. (well we did get screwed in 02)

Jay blocked, got hit hard numerous times, (in 00 and 01) but once that started taking a toll on his less than stellar athletic body, and the thumb injury, it all went downhill. Hey, at least we had some competitive teams with him and made the playoffs a couple times. (cept this year of course)

The 01 Raiders game where Jay dove into the endzone to win the game is one of my favorite plays of all time.

CrunchTime said:
The old timers have a disadvantage in these polls. Most posters have never seen them and only barely heard of them.

Try to help : Morrall steped in for Griese during the perfect season in game 5 and led them until Griese took back over late in the playoffs.

Woodly & Strock ( Woodstrock ) were the combo that took the Phins to the '83 SB & were apart of the Greatest game ever played with San Diego. Woodly was very athletic & gutty , but not a pure passer. Strock was a relief pitcher. I think his start won loss record was more losses than wins , but the guy was uncanny for reading a defense from the sideline , stepping in for Woodly and destroying that defense.

Hoped that helped , btw if I'm still inside of 40 am I an old timer?:confused: :roflmao:

Mr Yu said:
Try to help : Morrall steped in for Griese during the perfect season in game 5 and led them until Griese took back over late in the playoffs.

Woodly & Strock ( Woodstrock ) were the combo that took the Phins to the '83 SB & were apart of the Greatest game ever played with San Diego. Woodly was very athletic & gutty , but not a pure passer. Strock was a relief pitcher. I think his start won loss record was more losses than wins , but the guy was uncanny for reading a defense from the sideline , stepping in for Woodly and destroying that defense.

Hoped that helped , btw if I'm still inside of 40 am I an old timer?:confused: :roflmao:

Gotta go with the guy who continued the march of brilliance in the 72' season and say Morrall third and then Strock because he did win a bunch of games in a backup role for us plus he helped mentor Marino...someone he holds in high regard. :D

I'm one of the 'old timers' that Crunch referred to. This is my 35th year as a Dolphins fan and I've seen a lot of QB's. I voted for Don Strock because he was so dependable. And of course he was there at the beginning for the best QB to ever put on pads. But I've gotta hand it to Earl Morrall, too. He quietly came in when Griese was injured and just did the job. Simple as that. In fact, about the only time I ever disagreed with a Shula decision was when Shula started Griese and not Morrall in the Super Bowl (if memory serves me correctly it was the Super Bowl and not the playoffs when Griese healed up). Morrall deserved that start but he took the demotion in stride and continued his quiet leadership.

Special nod to Bernie, though, the co-conspirator of the 'clock play!'

I'm tired of all the repetitive threads and thought I would bring back this golden oldie. Wonder what this year's voters think??

I don't understand. How could it NOT be Earl Morrall? Even if weren't alive at the time...

Ohiophinphan said:
Just thought I would start a little off season poll on who was your third favorite Dolphin QB. Numbers one and two are clearly Marino and Griese in which ever order you would prefer but after that................

Duante has my vote. He is a fin QB you know.:wink:

1)Earl Morral
2) Don Strock
3)David Woodley

How can you not like a backup that led a team to an undefeated season? How many other teams could get to the playoffs let alone go undefeated if their starter went down? Was a huge achievement.

Strock was possibly one of the best backup QB's ever IMO.
He was money off the bench. Strock was the one that help spark that amazing comeback on San Diego even though we came up short in the end.

Woodley got us to a Super Bowl so I'll add him. RIP.

Even the name Fiedler makes me sick to my stomach.
Yes I know it's not his fault that Wannstedt fell in love with him. Nonetheless, our QB position was left to ruin in the Wanny years and Fiedler was Wanny's boy. Sickens me.

Who voted for Feeley? :lol:

Huh??????

Ohio Fanatic said:
Yuck, besides Morrall and Woodley, that list is filled with absolute crap. Except Feeley of course :)

:shakeno: Obviously you don't even know who Don Strock is or you would not be making a statement like that. He was the consumate profesional and not a selfish gesture in his repertoire. He always put the team first and pulled us out of some major jams. As far as Feeley goes.....are you a duck fan or what? the guy never did anything. I like him and all because I'm from OR, but the only great QB to come from OR was a Charger!

Back
Top Bottom