Who Is Your Top Choice To Be The New Hc, If You Could Choose Anyone? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Is Your Top Choice To Be The New Hc, If You Could Choose Anyone?

Were you answering the question or saying no to the drunk GM? lol

No- to both. Lol. Too bad he couldn’t get himself straightened out. Someone did a story on him, did you see it? I think Seth W did it...

He is too stubborn and arrogant to ever be anything special. He is a fraud.

Great HC are normally stubborn with plenty of arrogance...that is what makes them great, but instead it's called Self Reliance their decisions will work, and confidence they are actually as good or better the the HC across from him.

The moment a HC starts doubting himself, and allowing others to tell him what is best, is the moment that he can start planning on a long vacation, before he starts looking for another job.

The only way I would want to stick with Gase is if we get a new GM and take away Gase's drafting and play calling privileges.

Other than that:

I am only going to go with guys not in the league or in danger of possibly being let go.

Ron Rivera (Possible surprise firing if Panthers miss playoffs.)
Dirk Koetter (possible firing if Bucs keep imploding)
Tony Dungy
Bill Cowher

Great HC are normally stubborn with plenty of arrogance...that is what makes them great, but instead it's called Self Reliance their decisions will work, and confidence they are actually as good or better the the HC across from him.

The moment a HC starts doubting himself, and allowing others to tell him what is best, is the moment that he can start planning on a long vacation, before he starts looking for another job.

The problem is Gase isn't a great head coach. He isn't even a good head coach. He thinks he is way better than he really his. He sucks balls!

I am fine with Gase.. give him time, we knew he'd be learning in the job. But if that means status quo everywhere else I'm out. We need a fresh start at QB and in the FO.

The problem is Gase isn't a great head coach. He isn't even a good head coach. He thinks he is way better than he really his. He sucks balls!

Would you like to elaborate?

He's 500 as a head coach and has had what 14 games with his starting QB...out of 40...

It's amazing how bad a coach "sucks" when he loses his starting QB.

.611 W/L% with Tannehill (good for 23rd best all time). It's a short span but...

My only issue with Gase is that he didn't bring in an established DC.

foremost, clean out this FO; then get the right GM to run everything, and revamp scouting/personnel.. still want Brian Flores as HC... but if not.. with the all the other elements corrected.. and after 2ys with Sean Payton.. Dan Campbell. there. said it.

foremost, clean out this FO; then get the right GM to run everything, and revamp scouting/personnel.. still want Brian Flores as HC... but if not.. with the all the other elements corrected.. and after 2ys with Sean Payton.. Dan Campbell. there. said it.

Bingo! Hire a GM to run everything and let that person hire the head coach. Ross needs to stay out of the football decisions.

Last edited:
Would you like to elaborate?

He's 500 as a head coach and has had what 14 games with his starting QB...out of 40...

Ya he is a horrible offensive play caller. He was brought in because Ross thought he was an offensive guru and he clearly isn't. But he won't give up the play calling duties. He is also responsible for promoting Matt Burke to DC after Vance Joseph left. That obviously was a huge mistake. Gase just isn't cut out to be a head coach.

Last edited:
You did say anyone, right? Then I will pick the proven guys.

Bill Belichick
Sean Payton
Pete Carroll
Mike Tomlin
John Harbaugh
Mike McCarthy
Andy Reid
Doug Pederson

Now if I have to pick from what is likely to be there:

Dan Campbell
Chris Peterson
David Shaw

Proven guys: Parcells, JJ, even Saban. Yet, we are lacking any hardware which makes a hash of the "proven guy" theory. All proven guys get you is a little less risk because you more or less know what you are getting *in the person and style*. It says nothing to the luck of hitting the right guy in the draft or FA, or how the injuries time themselves out over the year, or if your QB developer a little PTSD from the beating of the previous seasons.

Ask yourselves -- how many of those "proven commodities" have been successful as they move from organization to organization without the stability of key players and FO personnel backing them up.

we need to avoid retreads and ex head coaches like the plague. These coaches got fired for a reason and handing them a job and expecting different results is heresy. Enough with this nepotism and ignorance.

If we are hiring someone hire a guy who can be progressive and who has a strong vision. we get caught up in these has beens every year.

I would not hire a big name college coach. those guys are glorified recruiters who often can't manage their way through a game. But hey they talk big right?

Back
Top Bottom