Who Is Your Top Choice To Be The New Hc, If You Could Choose Anyone? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Is Your Top Choice To Be The New Hc, If You Could Choose Anyone?

Experience. Experience. Experience. The Dolphins needs an injection of more NFL coaching experience.

Jeff Fisher.... He has plenty of experience as a Head Coach and his hair and mustache literally ooze massive self confidence. Old Jeff could handle Armando in the Press conferences and he'd argue that the LA Rams great start to this season is partly attributed to him setting up the right foundations for success in LA (Sean McVay just came in at the right time - a bit like when Jon Gruden had Super Bowl success in Tampa Bay after Tony Dungy had set up the right foundations).
Maybe Jeff could persuade 76 year old Dan Henning to leave his rocking chair on the verandah and take on the Offensive Coordinator role like the Big Tuna did with Dan a decade ago. Mike Smith is now available for the Defensive Coordinator role.
On a more serious note, John Harbaugh and Mike McCarthy could be available if their teams don't improve rapidly.

Last edited:
I'd like to see Adam Gase get one more year. At the very least, give the young coach an offensive line to work with a quarterback of the future.

If I was the owner, I'd insist that Gase fire Matt Burke. Would like to see the team bring in a proven vet defensive coordinator. I know the talent on defense isn't great, but watching receivers not being covered has to be a coaching issue. That and the dreadful wide 9.

Experience. Experience. Experience. The Dolphins needs an injection of more NFL coaching experience.

Jeff Fisher.... He has plenty of experience as a Head Coach and his hair and mustache literally ooze massive self confidence. Old Jeff could handle Armando in the Press conferences and he'd argue that the LA Rams great start to this season is partly attributed to him setting up the right foundations for success in LA (Sean McVay just came in at the right time - a bit like when Jon Gruden had Super Bowl success in Tampa Bay after Tony Dungy had set up the right foundations).
Maybe Jeff could persuade 76 year old Dan Henning to leave his rocking chair on the verandah and take on the Offensive Coordinator role like the Big Tuna did with Dan a decade ago. Mike Smith is now available for the Defensive Coordinator role.
On a more serious note, John Harbaugh and Mike McCarthy could be available if their teams don't improve rapidly.
You had me going for a minute there. I would second John Harbaugh. His teams are physical and he's obviously been successful. My second choice would be Sean Payton. Not a big fan of Mike McCarthy, only because it seems like he could do more with such an incredible quarterback running the show.

That said, I would like to see Adam Gase for one more year. He hasn't had a lot to work with in Miami and while his teams sometimes look pathetic, they have found ways to win under his helm.

I'd like to see Adam Gase get one more year. At the very least, give the young coach an offensive line to work with a quarterback of the future.

Gase doesn't "waste" premium picks on o-line...any G/T worth being able to work with is not going to work for peanuts.

How do we get an o-line, better yet, how is Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson doing what they do with o-lines as bad, if not worse than ours?

Belechik is taken, so my top dream picks would be Harbaugh, and Urban Meyer. If I were Ross I would offer $$$$ to these guys. I am tired of the young inexperienced types, who learn on the job and take 3 years to get up to speed. Both of these guys have HC experience, and money talks. Probably a pipedream, but both of these guys are top notch.

Possibly worst post of the year.

No. Adam Gase will not be fired this year as much as you pray and fantasize. About as likely as Ross selling the team.

The fact that you would mention Bill Belicheat...our most hated rival as a head coach candidate in his stead makes me lose all respect for you as a fan.

And Urban Meyer? Yeah because he definitely would qualify as a "seasoned" candidate in the NFL...

I would be all over John Harbaugh like a dirty shirt if he leaves Baltimore. We'd finally have a coach who could bring in quality assistants and also build a PHYSICAL team.

I always liked Harbaugh. I'd gladly take him. He's been really hamstrung with Flacco since Flacco pulled that superbowl year playoff performance out of his butt and they were pretty much forced to give him a big contract.

Gase doesn't "waste" premium picks on o-line...any G/T worth being able to work with is not going to work for peanuts.

How do we get an o-line, better yet, how is Deshaun Watson and Russell Wilson doing what they do with o-lines as bad, if not worse than ours?
Definitely some truth to that. Better quarterback play would help.

Back
Top Bottom