Who Noticed Charles Harris Was Inactive Today? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Noticed Charles Harris Was Inactive Today?

Jordan Phillips quietly has become a very good NFL DT.

Talent was there.
Sometimes it takes a change of scenery and sometimes it's just a matter of maturity. Phillips complained about being a rotational DT, while in Miami. But that's the role he's in with Buffalo. What's changed? But I agree, he's become very capable and seemingly has matured.

Sometimes it takes a change of scenery and sometimes it's just a matter of maturity. Phillips complained about being a rotational DT, while in Miami. But that's the role he's in with Buffalo. What's changed? But I agree, he's become very capable and seemingly has matured.
Phillips wasn't a change of scenery. It was a change of coaches. Gase f'ed us with a bunch of players. Look what's happening with the jets. Phillips should have never been let go...along with others. ****ing gase...

While I had no issue with the Dolphins going into a complete rebuild mode this season, I have always had a major problem with Grier being the GM who will be rebuilding this team. The fact is that he has been a part of the problem with talent selection for the past 20 years with the Dolphins and I just don’t think he is good at drafting quality talent. My biggest fear is he is going to screw up the next two drafts and waste all their cap money on mediocre talent and the Dolphins will be nothing but mediocre at best for the next decade.

I hope he proves me wrong but I just don’t see any evidence from his time with the team that he has the slightest idea how to build a successful football team.

He sucks. Total bust. Waste of a roster space at this point. Never should have been drafted where he was. What a loser.
Agree with everything EXCEPT, he's not a loser. He didn't draft himself or evaluate himself. The Dolphins front office did that. They get 100% of the blame for that kid failing. I remember watching his "highlights" after the draft and thinking, "WTF?"

They were highly underwhelming yet the Phins scooped him up in the first round. SMMFH

Every FO misses on guys, even the best ones. The thing is it’s not that we wasted a first rounder on a guy who turned into a mediocre player or even a backup level player. We wasted a first round pick on a guy who doesn’t belong in the nfl at all. So I wonder what kind of player analysis we use that we can look at a guy, decide he’s worthy of our top pick and he winds up being worse than Dallas Thomas level of a player. The thing is many people here were even posting the exact reasons why he’d bust right after the selection and it’s not like harris is lazy or anything like that. He works really hard and wants to be good.

Every FO misses on guys, even the best ones. The thing is it’s not that we wasted a first rounder on a guy who turned into a mediocre player or even a backup level player. We wasted a first round pick on a guy who doesn’t belong in the nfl at all. So I wonder what kind of player analysis we use that we can look at a guy, decide he’s worthy of our top pick and he winds up being worse than Dallas Thomas level of a player. The thing is many people here were even posting the exact reasons why he’d bust right after the selection and it’s not like harris is lazy or anything like that. He works really hard and wants to be good.
And many of them were complaining when the Dolphins traded away most of their talented players for picks. This team has struggled in the draft for decades, they've drafted two all pro players since 2008 (Jake Long and Xavian Howard), they miss on players at an 80% clip in the draft but now we're supposed to believe that because we have so many high picks they're going to get it right.

It's a sad state of affairs when a bunch of arm chair GMs can pick better players than professionals who get paid to do this.

Back
Top Bottom