Who Noticed Charles Harris Was Inactive Today? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Noticed Charles Harris Was Inactive Today?

None of our d-line guys can get off a block. Harris shows poor instincts for the position. He plays like a 6th rounder.

Crazy how the NFL draft profile nailed him in the Negative section.

Found himself too easily engulfed by size this season. Gives ground on the edge and can be widened out of his run fit. Hands must get better at point of attack. Needs to punch and own the point. Rides on blocks rather than shucks them. Lacks desired glass-chewing mentality against the run. Plays with slow reaction time to counters and misdirection and can lose track of the ball. Needs earlier shoulder turn as rusher to prevent early pass sets from punching him as squared-up rusher. Slow to activate his counter spin back inside. More violent approach with hands at top of his rush would help grease the edge. Productivity dropped after struggling with new defensive scheme.

Too bad that was the only traits he brought to the Dolphins. Shame. Seemed like a nice dude.

Sad thing is he plays with a motor. He is trying his darndest. He just isn't any good.
He is better than 99% of the population at football, sadly he plays in the NFL with the elite 1% and he can’t quite cut it. Can’t hate on a guy that has and continues to give everything he has to be better. I wish him well, in his future endeavours albeit with his attitude he won’t need it.

just looked,, hate to monday morning QB but TJ Watt went 8 picks later.. oh well
I don’t follow college ball so didn’t know Charles Harris from Naomi Harris. But I do recall a lot of knowledge college members on this board upset we didn’t take Watt.

Crazy how the NFL draft profile nailed him in the Negative section.

Found himself too easily engulfed by size this season. Gives ground on the edge and can be widened out of his run fit. Hands must get better at point of attack. Needs to punch and own the point. Rides on blocks rather than shucks them. Lacks desired glass-chewing mentality against the run. Plays with slow reaction time to counters and misdirection and can lose track of the ball. Needs earlier shoulder turn as rusher to prevent early pass sets from punching him as squared-up rusher. Slow to activate his counter spin back inside. More violent approach with hands at top of his rush would help grease the edge. Productivity dropped after struggling with new defensive scheme.

Too bad that was the only traits he brought to the Dolphins. Shame. Seemed like a nice dude.
Man. What about that embarrassing spin move he used to do - go into it when he was still 10 feet away from the OT.

I don’t follow college ball so didn’t know Charles Harris from Naomi Harris. But I do recall a lot of knowledge college members on this board upset we didn’t take Watt.

i recall that too... i only wanted Watt because of name recognition...

He is better than 99% of the population at football, sadly he plays in the NFL with the elite 1% and he can’t quite cut it. Can’t hate on a guy that has and continues to give everything he has to be better. I wish him well, in his future endeavours albeit with his attitude he won’t need it.

I don't hate the guy personally.

I rarely know the players in the draft in depth to really ever say who we "should have" taken (for about 7 years I worked during college football saturdays), but I remember reading about Harris after we took him (first time I heard of him) and when all the real plus sides where his character, I was worried.

Sometimes me not knowing much about the draft serves me well, since I'm not like the teams involved who spend 5 months drafting their own narratives, finding justifications for their beliefs and ways to write off the negatives, and generally having enough time to outsmart themselves, while someone with just negligible knowledge can usually see when a pick is a bad pick. It's amazing that teams spend so incredibly much on their draft evaluations, and yet it doesn't seem to me like they are any more accurate than the pre-internet days.

None of our d-line guys can get off a block. Harris shows poor instincts for the position. He plays like a 6th rounder.
Disagree... I like (don't love) Wilkins. He's does fairly well. Seems to wreak havoc at times and will get better. Ages 100% on D ends.

Of course it could be because I love that he's the first guy to congratulate anybody who scores. He runs to the endzone to hug whoever... And also one of the first to congratulate Sanders after a made FG. Love seeing his enthusiasm.

The majority were interested in a LB or OG that year Lamp or Reubin Foster. Foster was suspended for violating league policy, traded to the Redskins where he tore his ACL and out for all the 2019 year. Lamp also had a season ending injury.

Last edited:
Disagree... I like (don't love) Wilkins. He's does fairly well. Seems to wreak havoc at times and will get better. Ages 100% on D ends.

Of course it could be because I love that he's the first guy to congratulate anybody who scores. He runs to the endzone to hug whoever... And also one of the first to congratulate Sanders after a made FG. Love seeing his enthusiasm.
Wilkins is a world class personality. He’s flashed a couple times. Just want to see more.

I rarely know the players in the draft in depth to really ever say who we "should have" taken (for about 7 years I worked during college football saturdays), but I remember reading about Harris after we took him (first time I heard of him) and when all the real plus sides where his character, I was worried.

Sometimes me not knowing much about the draft serves me well, since I'm not like the teams involved who spend 5 months drafting their own narratives, finding justifications for their beliefs and ways to write off the negatives, and generally having enough time to outsmart themselves, while someone with just negligible knowledge can usually see when a pick is a bad pick. It's amazing that teams spend so incredibly much on their draft evaluations, and yet it doesn't seem to me like they are any more accurate than the pre-internet days.
Had a similar feeling reading his draft “scores”. Sounded slow and alligator armed.

Taco was inactived for provious games.

Guess what? This coaching staff is going to do that a lot.

They actually plan against oppenents strenghts and weaknesses and active/deactivate players respectively.
Based on the score of the game and how the defense was unable to stop the Giants in the second half, it appears the coaches didn’t plan effectively for the Giants strengths and weaknesses. It certainly appeared several of their active players should be doing some else beside playing in the NFL.

Back
Top Bottom