Who R Some Top D Coordinators Out There. | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who R Some Top D Coordinators Out There.

Rex Ryan's hybrid scheme is extremely complicated.
It was brilliant in Baltimore where Ryan honed it over ten years initially as DL coach and later as DC.
He quickly built the Jets with some Baltimore players like Bart Scott and loaded it with vets.

He was far less successful in Buffalo where apparently the players just didn't understand it.

Now Ryan is a bit of a players coach who is inspiring but not necessarily a task master. So in a highly motivated group like he had in Baltimore it wasn't a problem.

There is a real possibility that Todd Bowles will be let go by the Jets at the end of the season. He had a good history with the Dolphins (2008 - 2011, including interim Head Coach following Sparano) and is a proven commodity as a Defensive Coordinator with Arizona before getting the New York head coaching gig. Cool, intelligent, he has a long history of working well with others and a tad lower profile than Rex.

Last edited:
bowles > rex

can we stop bringing his name up everytime we have this convo?

His defense was terrible in Miami. Many of us wanted him fired before he got the Bronco's job.

Understood, but..

1) Gase won't call for a FinHeaven vote if he replaces Burke and he was very high on Joseph
2) I was not in love with Joseph, but I'd argue he had much less talent with which to work than Burke does this year.

Yes sir! I mentioned him as my ideal DC candidate for Miami in another thread.

If I had any assurance that Brown would hire a forward-thinking OC, I'd offer him the HC position. Agree with Chambers that he's among the very best defensive minds in football.

You think he could be lured away from MI? Never coached in the NFL, may not want to...

You think he could be lured away from MI? Never coached in the NFL, may not want to...

He has said he has no desire to be a head coach again. As a Michigan fan I can tell you people are more afraid of losing him than Jim Harbaugh (and we love both). I dont think he has any desire to go to the NFL at 63. But if he were to, I can tell you this, there is no man better at doing more with less. He has a lot of talent at Michigan but just look at what he did at BC against a loaded FSU.

That being said he can stay with my Wolverines please

He has said he has no desire to be a head coach again. As a Michigan fan I can tell you people are more afraid of losing him than Jim Harbaugh (and we love both). I dont think he has any desire to go to the NFL at 63. But if he were to, I can tell you this, there is no man better at doing more with less. He has a lot of talent at Michigan but just look at what he did at BC against a loaded FSU.

That being said he can stay with my Wolverines please

Go Blue!

I mean if ya want a DC you kick tires to see the interest and what it would take. I dont think he wants to but cam try

Schiano i'll duck now

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom