who should have been the NBA's MvP?! <statistics project> PLEASE LOOK! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who should have been the NBA's MvP?! <statistics project> PLEASE LOOK!

who is your MVP?!

• Steve Nash

Votes: 12 34.3%
  • Kobe Bryant

Votes: 10 28.6%
  • Lebron James

Votes: 9 25.7%
  • Dirk Nowitzki

Votes: 4 11.4%

• Total voters

COMEBACKRICKY

Superbowl MVP
Reaction score
hey guys i am doing a project for my statistics class. we are supposed to study a claim and see if it is true. the nba claimed that steve nash is the "most valuble player" in the nba. my partner and I are supposed to refute this claim and then write a letter to the nba saying that more people think (blank) is the most valuble player. of course, we cannot refute the claim without viable evidence! i would greatly appreicate it if you guys participated in the poll above, you guys can put your input on the matter (and it would again be appriciated), but it is not neccesary. THank you very much for looking!

Here are the list of the candidates:

lebron_james-1.jpg
LeBron James
Cleveland Cavaliers
Position: F
Height: 6-8 Weight: 240
High School : St. Vincent-St. Mary HS (OH)
Player file | Team stats

2005-06 Statistics PPG 31.4 RPG 7.0 APG 6.6 SPG 1.56 BPG .84 FG% .480 FT% .738 3P% .335 MPG 42.5

kobe_bryant-1.jpg
Kobe Bryant
Los Angeles Lakers
Position: G
Height: 6-6 Weight: 220
High School : Lower Merion HS (PA)
Player file | Team stats

2005-06 Statistics PPG 35.4 RPG 5.3 APG 4.5 SPG 1.84 BPG .38 FG% .450 FT% .850 3P% .347 MPG 41.0

dirk_nowitzki-1.jpg
Dirk Nowitzki
Dallas Mavericks
Position: F
Height: 7-0 Weight: 245
Player file | Team stats

2005-06 Statistics PPG 26.6 RPG 9.0 APG 2.8 SPG .72 BPG 1.02 FG% .480 FT% .901 3P% .406 MPG 38.1

steve_nash-1.jpg
Steve Nash
Phoenix Suns
Position: G
Height: 6-3 Weight: 195
College : Santa Clara
Player file | Team stats

2005-06 Statistics PPG 18.8 RPG 4.2 APG 10.5 SPG .77 BPG .15 FG% .512 FT% .921 3P% .439 MPG 35.4

Once again, thank you guys very much!

Err I can tell this will be moved in the other sports sub forum.I think Lebron was robed but thats just me.

Majpain said:
Err I can tell this will be moved in the other sports sub forum.I think Lebron was robed but thats just me.

Lmao, i wasnt sure where to post this, is there a way i could move it? yeah lebron had a great year, and his cavs play in game 7 in another 15 min....
but im not gonna say anything else because that would be bias. please vote!

If you are going based strictly on stats, you wont be getting a fair representaion of the players overall value....Nash's stats might be less than the others, but he made the team better, and thus he was most valuable...

bullseyeguy said:
If you are going based strictly on stats, you wont be getting a fair representaion of the players overall value....Nash's stats might be less than the others, but he made the team better, and thus he was most valuable...

no im not saying vote stictly on stats -- they are there as a guideline. yes its true that nash was a team player, but its hard to argue that the others dindt make the team better. vote for nash if you think he is the most valuble. i am not taking anything away from him, he is a great player.

Nash won the award and deserved to. Phoenix lost Stoudamire/Richardson/Johnson from last years starting lineup and they were still a very good team. The East IMO is extremely weak so it's hard to give the award to LeBron when they finished 4th but I don't think they're a playoff team out West eventhough they have given the Pistons trouble. I'd probably put Dirk 2nd Dallas finished with the 3rd best record in the league and Dirk was great all season. If it was an award for the best player in the league I think Kobe or LeBron would get it but it goes to the player that is most valuable to their team.

Well Im a SUNS fan, so Im obviously biased, but I saw him make stars out of "nobodies" this year, and take a team that many though wouldnt even make the playoffs without Amare to the Pacific div title and 2nd seed in the West...All those players are great, but I think Nash was the "Most Valuable"...

bullseyeguy said:

:shakeno:
I think marion is more valuable to that team.

Nash is a point gaurd that what he suppose to do. Pass the ball. The other players are F and G and they are suppose shot or post up and shot.

bullseyeguy said:
Well Im a SUNS fan, so Im obviously biased, but I saw him make stars out of "nobodies" this year, and take a team that many though wouldnt even make the playoffs without Amare to the Pacific div title and 2nd seed in the West...All those players are great, but I think Nash was the "Most Valuable"...

i would say nash had a stronger supporting cast than what lebron or kobe had to deal with. he did eleveate evreyones play however, and thats what i enjoy about him most.

COMEBACKRICKY said:
i would say nash had a stronger supporting cast than what lebron or kobe had to deal with. he did eleveate evreyones play however, and thats what i enjoy about him most.

Even without Amare, Nash had a far stronger supporting cash Than LBJ & Kobe.

1. LeBron James
2. Kobe Bryant
3. Elton Brand
4. Dirk Nowitzski
5. Dwyane Wade/Chauncey Billups

I can't stand the lack of love for Elton Brand though. It's disgusting. :shakeno:

*awaits bulleyesguy to down my personal opinion that players who don't play defense should not be considered as league MVP*

the problem with MVP is that statistics aren't really the crux of the argument, other than w-l record with said person on the court versus w-l record without.

the MVP isn't for statistical leaders or "best player".

Amars said:
:shakeno:
I think marion is more valuable to that team.

compare how the team plays without Marion to how they play without Nash. huge difference.

Back
Top Bottom