Who starts at quarterback for the Jets this week? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who starts at quarterback for the Jets this week?

Tim Boyle. Oh boy. I actually think Zach is better than him but the players demanded a change so something had to be done. But Saleh still screwed this up. Semian is a better choice and he's had some success in this league.

As long as their passing game struggles vs MIami in both games, I'm ok with whomever they play at qb. I wish they owned their 1st round draft pick in 2024 so they would start tanking games to improve their chances of getting a higher pick.
They do have their 2024 first. Rodgers won't meet the snap percentage to move it from a 2nd to a 1st.

Usually this **** pisses me off. When a struggling team makes the QB change the week we play them. But that’s usually when it’s an unknown rookie and they usually cook us. Boyle was drafted in 2018 and bounced around. 0-3 as a starter. 3 TD to 9 INT’s.

Yep, I believe it was 52-17 and it was one of only two good games Wilson has had. He probably gets the start based on that. Boyle I don't know from Adam. Simian is competent and could pose a slight problem. Nonetheless, their offensive line is bad, and other than Wilson, their receivers are mediocre. Hall could be a problem as well, but I am encouraged by our interior d line.
Due to their talent and aggressiveness on D, I still expect a tough, close game. We should win, but it will be difficult. Their d really gets up the field. They will cause a couple of turnovers and won't fall for McD's misdirection bag of tricks.
Come on. First it was 40-17. Wilson didn't shredd us. He basically just didn't look like crap. That game Wilson was 14/21 for 210 yards and didn't even throw a TD.

Also the game was 19-17 in the 4th quarter and then Miami's O imploded behind a 7th round 3rd string rookie QB who had never played a NFL snap before that day. First was the missed FG, which set up short field for a TD, then INT, that lead to a TD, then TO on downs lead to the last TD.

Wilson, Boyle, or Simian?

If the Jets think they are still in the playoff hunt, have to think they move on from Wilson. If they don't believe they are, it doesn't make any sense IMO to play anyone but Wilson. Obviously Boyle and Simian have no long term possibility in New York so might as well embrace the suck, play the younger QB and get the better draft position.

Boyle looked pretty bad when he was in after replacing Wilson today....5 of 14 for 33 yards and a pick? Ouch. A big part of me believes that they will be elevating Simian from the practice squad and starting him. But since it's a short week and they only have four days to prepare, I don't know if that's a better option for them than going with Boyle if they want to make a switch.

Regardless, Fins should be pinning their ears back and going after whoever is behind center. Their wide receivers get no separation and their pass protection is bad.

I noticed several DB's & Becton got dinged up yesterday

It almost doesn’t matter. They are capable of winning on D w Dalvin Cook at QB. Their offense is disgusting.

However the game is no gimme. I hope McD doesn’t try to force things. Take points EVERY time you have a chance. I don’t care if it’s 4th and 2 on their 13. Kick the FG. Forcing things is how you get beat by that team. If you simply take what you can when you can you will score more than them. Because their QBs are terrible.
Can't rely on FG's anymore, we'll always be in 4 down territory!

Back
Top Bottom