Who Thinks Aj Can Get It Done? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Thinks Aj Can Get It Done?

I think theres a better chance of USC winning the Super Bowl.

Luckily i think/hope Gus will be our qb so as to stay optimistic :)

DonShula84 said:
The thread asks who thinks AJ can get it done, I think Id put this guy down as saying no AJ cant get it done. I have faith in AJ though, and think he deserves this year before we label him as a bust and get rid of him.

Thank you very much!!

I have faith in AJ. Hopefully he gets a chance to play behind some decent blocking and a run game. I'm not expecting a Drew Brees type turnaround but imo he will improve a lot.

I hope Feeley can get the job done as well.....but we could end up having another year of the QB shuffle.....but this time between AJ and Gus. I hope Saban sticks with one QB.

A.J. will be far better this time around. No doubt in my mind. He had no chance last season and IMO no QB would have been able to function given the circumstances he was asked to play in. Coaching makes such a huge difference and last year was a horrorshow. With Saban, Linehan and Houck at the controls we will have a great system and AJ, who throws a very good ball in terms of velocity and accuracy, will have evry chance to do well. Plug in some great runningbacks, plenty of talent at reciever and a Hudson Houck coached o-line and lo and behold we will have an offense that can and will do damage. We will actually have play-action that the opposing defense has to respect! Imagine that! I have high hopes for AJ and the whole offense around him.

well if he can have a qb rating of 60.2 with a ol like we had last year and no running game than imo he will do very very good with the rbs and the ol that has improved aj will shine as soon as he learns the offence aj imo will be realey good im guessing qb rating around high 80s or mid 90s:wink:

Well what is getting the job done? Everyone seems to think Miami is looking at 8-8 at best, so is AJ going to be the scapegoat? Will anyone say AJ did great if Miami does in fact go 8-8 or will all the weight get thrown on AJ and will he be labeled as sucks unless Miami wins 10 games and make the playoffs? If this is in fact a rebuilding year and team, Saban needs to give this whole year to AJ to grow with the team.

No, he can't. Stylewise he has consistent deficiencies that act like a regulator, regardless of improved surrounding personnel and/or coaching. I'm talking about a pathetic lack of variety in pace and loft. He throws robotic line drives, almost always on the same line. That was my evaluation long before we traded for him and I posted it on another Dolphin site the night we traded for him last spring. Nothing from 2004 changed my mind. The INTs for TD were always of that type, remarkable line drives that planted themselves in the defenders chest.

Otherwise, he defaults too often to the short pass. That is suicide in the NFL and accounts for his lousy yards per attempt last season, a lovely 5.32 and ahead of only Brunnell and Eli among QBs who played often.

I tend to agree with Boik14 and others that Frerotte will eventually prevail.

DolphinDevil28 said:
I know one thing for sure.

With a real offensive coordinator, an improved offensive line, a newly stocked multitude of weapons around him and whole year under his belt to develop chemistry with Chambers, Booker and McMichael, he will do MUCH better than last year.

exactly and if he doesn't step up this year he's gone. He has everything to his advantage this year. This will be a judgement year for him. Its been a long wait for a franchise qb.

TRUDOLFAN54 said:
WELL I FOR ONE HOPE THAT AJ PANS OUT I LIKE WHAT HE BRINGS TO THE TABLE HIS PASSION AND LOVE FOR THE GAME.

Every football player has passion and love for the game. But that doesn't make them good. All of them "bring that to the table". Problem is, along with those things, you have to bring ability, skills and intangibles. AJ lacks in too many areas to be a good QB. That is my opinion.

Well if all things are even , as Saben says, IMHO I think the qb to watch will be Sage. I remeber Redskins fans were seriously upset that he was traded to us. He has never had a fair shot at getting ample practice time let alone playing time. If all things are even my money will be on Sage to eventually be the one to get it done.

If things are not really even and it is really just between Gus and AJ.......I believe Gus will be our starter, and AJ will be gone next year. And we will have Gus and a rook in camp next year.

AJ will "git 'er done!" and show us what he's got this year. Last year was an unfair assessment of his skills (no excuses, who could have done well in his position last year?) and he did show flashes of excellence. This year...hey at least :ears: is gone.

I think AJ can get it done as well. But what happens if it takes him a couple of years? will the fans be patient?

Back
Top Bottom