Who Thinks Aj Can Get It Done? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Thinks Aj Can Get It Done?

AJ is still inexperienced, he has a lot of work to do to improve his decision making & on field command of the offense. He has all the necessary physical tools to be great, but so have a lot of QB who just never got it, only time will tell, hopefully he has what it takes to make a great QB, It usually takes more than 1/2 year of starts to get it all together, Joey Harrington & Carson Palmer haven't gotten it together yet, and they both have had a lot more help on the offensive side of the ball than us, and were early first rounders. Brees took what 4 years before he had a good year, and that's with Tomilison in the backfield lighting it up. Feeley showed improvement as the year went on in his decision making, I think he only threw one int. in his last 3 Starts, so that is something to build on.

philyphin said:
AJ is still inexperienced, he has a lot of work to do to improve his decision making & on field command of the offense. He has all the necessary physical tools to be great, but so have a lot of QB who just never got it, only time will tell, hopefully he has what it takes to make a great QB, It usually takes more than 1/2 year of starts to get it all together, Joey Harrington & Carson Palmer haven't gotten it together yet, and they both have had a lot more help on the offensive side of the ball than us, and were early first rounders. Brees took what 4 years before he had a good year, and that's with Tomilison in the backfield lighting it up. Feeley showed improvement as the year went on in his decision making, I think he only threw one int. in his last 3 Starts, so that is something to build on.

Carson Palmer was not the reason the Bengals did not make the playoffs it was there defense, and I think he does have it together. Harrington is a good comparision though. I think not turning the ball over did show improvement, but because of the very low expectations of the Qb play, even though he did not turn the ball over, he lead the team to 10 points vs the Cleveland Browns, the same Browns that Palmer put up 58 pts against.

Coaching will make the difference with Feeley's decision making, IMO. He showed he can throw accurately when given the time. I think he'll be fine (and "get it done")

DDTDON said:
What's the deal with you guys and the caps. He is enthusiastic, that's all. Talk about the thread not the fact that he has caps on. :shakeno: Back to the topic: I believe that he will excel this year and win us some games, last year he did well under the circumstances and IMO if you did not see what he did with what little he had then you did not watch the games.

GO DOLPHINS!!!!!!!!!! :cooldude:
THANX MAN I ALSO WANT TO CLARIFY THAT MY CAPS BUTTON IS PUSHED ALWAYS IS DON'T ASK ME WHY IT TYPES THE WAY IT DOES. :lol:

I really hope that AJ can come out and play a very good season and cut down on the mental mistakes. The thing a lot of people dont see thought is putting aside last season AJ was still a backup QB. I know its argued if he was 2nd or 3rd string, who really knows besides A. Reed. The point is we still have a backup QB starting for us next year, providing that Gus doesnt beat him out for the job.

We still dont have that franchise guy, Feeley may turn into him but for every 1 Tom Brady that was backup and became a good NFL QB that are thousands of others that are never has been's and never will be's. So will Feeley become another Tom Brady or just another backup QB in the starting position?? I really dont know, but if I where in Vegas and betting on it I'm pretty sure my money will go on him being a never will be.

Well I Like Aj Better Than Harrigton And Harrington Got All The Hype He Became The Starter In College Cause Aj Got Hurt He Hasn't Showed Me That He Is A FirSt Rd Talent.

I think he'll be drastically better this year. We'll win a lot of games with Feeley, maybe not THE big game but we'll win nonetheless.

Justasportsfan said:
But you already said AJ WILL do this and WILL do that ? :mad:

And that's who I want to start, so of course I stated what I wanted for him. you said Gus would start, and all I said is he might..?? :eek: I had to acknowledge the possibility, but it's still not my hope. Okay?? :confused:

MDFINFAN said:
And that's who I want to start, so of course I stated what I wanted for him. you said Gus would start, and all I said is he might..?? :eek: I had to acknowledge the possibility, but it's still not my hope. Okay?? :confused:
NO!

:lol:

He will do fine, he just needs some time. He will pan out fine Jason Garret will do what he can to spread expirence

I hope AJ pans out this year but if he doesn't this should be it for him. I hate Gus so, he'll be there only to get us through the season if needed.

ajfeeleys#1fan said:
gus is a back up he will be our back up and he was brought in to be our back up because he is a reliable BACK UP! he wont start unless feeley gets injured! feeley showed alot of progress last year! no ints in the last two games and wins in the last 2 games! he hates losing and he has 15ibs of muscle added to his chest during the offseason! he will start because he wants to start! BADLY!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!1

Dont count on it. I think Gus is primed to be one of those veteran QB's who comes through the woodwork ala Testerverde and Flutie. He certainly has the arm to go long. If you think about it, every year there is a a vet QB who either sucked before or even out of football (Maddox) and come in and do a good job. I think Gus will be on the bus.........as a starter. that is just my guess. I hope AJ does well, I hope they both do well and it ends up being a tough decision.

philyphin said:
Are you talking about the same Carson Palmer who rallied his team from 21 down vs NE only to lose on a FG in OT? Boy is legit, thats all there is too it. He was not their problem at all last season; far from. He was a big part of their success.

Back
Top Bottom