Who to cut for cap room | Page 9 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who to cut for cap room

I'm still cutting Fejedelem and if we find absolutely no suitors for any of our WRs even in packages and we pick two then I would cut Grant since we lose money cutting Hurns and Wilson might actually contribute positive plays. Let Bowden do the PR/KR, WC QB, gadget WR/RB, utility player role.

Picture this

Smith
Parker
Another draft pick (Elijah Moore/St Brown/Eskridge at #50, perhaps)
Hurns
Williams
Wilson

PR/KR, WC QB, gadget WR/RB Bowden

Grant no mo'.

I'm still cutting Fejedelem and if we find absolutely no suitors for any of our WRs even in packages and we pick two then I would cut Grant since we lose money cutting Hurns and Wilson might actually contribute positive plays. Let Bowden do the PR/KR, WC QB, gadget WR/RB, utility player role.
I see it the same way... especially fej... might be good on specials but we can find it cheaper or even in the draft imo

I could see Grant fetching a late pick too though

Of players making $1M+, these are the definite cuts:

Albert Wilson
Jakeem Grant
Durham Smythe
Clayton Fejedelem

Either McCain ($5.7M savings) or Rowe ($5M) is gone.
Wilson is gone, maybe Grant too (both $2.9M).
Fejedelem is gone ($2.5M).

Why you want to get rid of productive players, but keep Ouch Parker and Droppie Williams?

Doubt it...

McCain and Rowe both play above average ball for below average starter pay.

Fej... if replaced, would be replaced by a 1-2 million per year special teams guy, so there's not a lot of money there.

Grant can go.

Godchaux and Breida are free agents. I wouldn't sign either.

Godchaux is a good player, but probably not a starter in Miami and he's going to want that kind of money. I was excited about the Breida trade, but he was outplayed by Gaskin and Ahmed.

Grant and Wilson could be cut.

I don't know why you'd cut Parker and Preston Williams is on a rookie contract. Granted, if he can't stay healthy he could be surpassed by others on the roster. Parker is a solid starter, a #2 type who has had to compete against teams #1 corners. Bring in a top talent to complement Parker and Geisicki and I think everyone becomes better. Chase, Smith, Waddle etc.
Have to disagree a little
Breida was not outplayed by those 2 pedestrian backs
He was just NOT PLAYED
He looked mostly pretty damn good when used and is the only one that had a chance of being a home run hitter using his exceptional speed
BOGGLES my mind why he wasn't used

I'm like most here . . . I wanted Grant gone last year. His value as a returner is overrated and he's a 4th string WR. Given that, there's a reason he's still on the team and, unfortunately, I think he'll be back next year. He IS susceptible to an almost-as-fast guy with good hands, but fans can't deny Flo sees something he likes.

Have to disagree a little
Breida was not outplayed by those 2 pedestrian backs
He was just NOT PLAYED
He looked mostly pretty damn good when used and is the only one that had a chance of being a home run hitter using his exceptional speed
BOGGLES my mind why he wasn't used
Must have been something in training camp and practices that led Flores to Gaskin and Ahmed.

I will agree that I was surprised not to see Breida get more playing time. He was good with the 49ers.

Leaves Mia with $31M. With certain cuts, should add about $22M

My cuts are:
McCain
Rowe
Wilson
Granite
Davis
Hurns
Sieler
and Fijjy

Back
Top Bottom