Who was our first round pick this year? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was our first round pick this year?

Has he been aired on the field yet? Done anything? Hhmmm but now we’ve gotta rest of the same GM to “rebuild”. Great.

What a stupid post. Why don’t you key on him when watching the game instead of just watching the ball? He is doing well and will improve once he is surrounded with more talent.

I wasn’t a fan of the pick. Nothing against him I just wouldn’t take a DT that high unless it’s a Suh type talent. DTs could normally be had pretty cheap on the market. Just my opinion

I wasn’t a fan of the pick. Nothing against him I just wouldn’t take a DT that high unless it’s a Suh type talent. DTs could normally be had pretty cheap on the market. Just my opinion

I get that, but he is not invisible out there. He is doing his job and will improve. That’s the natural progression of most NFL players and not just an excuse for Tannehill supporters. Very few are superstars as rookies. Even if his draft status was too rich for some based on his positionAl value, that isn’t his fault. He will be fine. Give him time to grow and learn.

I do wonder if the move up to grab Dion Jordan has led this team to be uber conservative in the draft. I think that was the last time the team went and attempted to draft potential. They got burned there and ever since then, the team has looked at "safe" players, guy who do incredibly well in the interviews, guy that they really like as a person. That is the issue, they start to draft the person and not the player.

I'm sure Wilkins will have a nice career in the NFL...He's a smart. player, works hard, and has above average physical tools. Honestly, he is a good pick for the "Patriots Way" defense. The issue is, if you are going into the season to tank, why not take the dynamic player with the high ceiling.

You had a couple of choices...grab a lineman that could be used to protect your future QB, or grab a dynamic playmaker and see what he can do. Instead they played it safe and grabbed the good dude, who works hard.

What a stupid post. Why don’t you key on him when watching the game instead of just watching the ball? He is doing well and will improve once he is surrounded with more talent.

Because that means they would actually have to study the game, understand his position and responsibilities, and not base good/bad solely on splash play.

Do you really expect that?

Last edited:
Damn, I know there was a couple of way they could have gone with that pick and I'd have been fine with it but can people just give him a break? He's played 5 games!! I really hope we draft more play makers high than we have in the past starting with the 2020 draft but you still want guys like Wilkins on your team.

Horrible pick. Just like Michael Dieter and the rest of this year's draft. People on here would support any player we drafted with blind optimism.

There were several good olineman that could have been had at that pick. But no... lets choose a marginal player at a position of little impact. Such a Grier move.

Let's just hope that in 3 to 4 years when he actually becomes a decent player that he actially decides to resign with Miami for way more than what he would be worth in the open market. Such is the Dolphin way.

Championship!!!

Back
Top Bottom