Who was our first round pick this year? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was our first round pick this year?

Yeah the "punch" looked a little ridiculous, because if it was 2 seconds earlier it would be a normal move to try to get by the tackle....but I guess by the letter of the law, he did throw a hand after the whistle.

Grier just keeps drafting players who don’t get it. Wilkins stated after being pulled from the game last week after getting a penalty for slamming a player into the ground that he understood that he couldn’t do that in the NFL. I guess after this game he will state that he now understands that you can’t punch another player in the NFL.

Grier keeps drafting players who just aren’t talented or smart enough and yet he is the person responsible for rebuilding this team. I just don’t understand Ross and his continued selection of individuals who are just terrible at their jobs.

Grier slept with your wife or was it Ross?
Grier has been part of the problem for the 20 years he’s been part of the franchise. It was obvious he should have been part of the house cleaning, but Ross is incompetent at football decisions.

The thing about Wilkins is, he is not going to be a high impact, unstoppable Suh type talent, but what he brings could be far more important then anything Suh ever brought if he reaches his potential.

Wilkin's biggest trait is he's a natuaral leader, and he helps make the players around him better (It's the Wilt Chamberlain vs Bill Russell argument...Wilkins can show his worth after he gets better players around him).

If Wilkins reaches his potential, he will not be the guy that has 3+ sack games, but the guy that will be part of a line that has a 7+ sack games...He will not be the guy that will have huge TFL or even TPG numbers, but instead will the guy who will be part of a Defence that has high TFL or three and out type games.

I am not here saying that he was that right pick or wrong pick...A great pick, or a wasted pick. I am saying he's a rookie on a very talent lacking defensive team who's best quality is his brain and leadership, give him a little time before calling him a bust.

I'm not saying you don't need good leadership guys, but you don't draft a guy who doesn't appear to have a high impact ceiling early in the first round just because he's a good guy. A guy you project to be a decent starter isn't a guy you consider at that spot.

Another all star performance from another first round dud. Prob up there as one of the worst first round picks we’ve had. At least other bums like Parker flashed a little something.

Another all star performance from another first round dud. Prob up there as one of the worst first round picks we’ve had. At least other bums like Parker flashed a little something.
A dud because he lost his cool on a winless team? Please

A dud because he lost his cool on a winless team? Please

And he’s done absolutely nothing prior to being an idiot. Tell me more how we need to wait for these FIRST ROUND PICKS to develop. Dolphins gonna be lit in 10 years when Charles Harris dion Jordan and this piece of **** come around.

I wanted Brian Burns, and to me the DE position made more sense. Burns has great character as well. Now I see all these articles on Brian Burns, how he's causing havoc, how the skys the limit, and think of course we didn't draft him. Also, our defense is supposed have players that play multiple rolls. Well Burns has speed for Days....imagine what he could do even outside of attacking the QB. But.....nope. Grier misses again.

Funny enough Mando wrote an article around the draft saying he liked Burns and a Dolphins exec texted him and said Burns is nothing to get excited about or something to that extent. I wonder whether that was Grier.

Even Mando is better at talent evaluation.

And he’s done absolutely nothing prior to being an idiot. Tell me more how we need to wait for these FIRST ROUND PICKS to develop. Dolphins gonna be lit in 10 years when Charles Harris dion Jordan and this piece of **** come around.
He's played in 5 games Francis. Calm down.

Don't listen to the idiots on this forum, you are 100% correct. The team needs to be built with young, HIGH CHARACTER players. The Dolphins have been lacking in that area for many years. Grier is highly questionable in my book to draft us the right kind of players needed to turn this debacle around.

You don't need high character guys. You need an organization that guys buy into. You need to be able to get guys with talent and get the best out of them.

Back
Top Bottom