who was the worst dolphin player. | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who was the worst dolphin player.

Yatil Green was a waste of a 1st rounder but i'll cut him some slack because he had back to back season ending injuries.

I have to vote for Brian Manning (WR) he was a beast in preseason then he did jack sh*t once the season started he didn't even finish out the year on our roster he was so bad.

Most Passes Had Intercepted as Rookie
Season
18 Bob Griese (1967), 331 attempts
17 David Woodley (1980), 327 attempts
10 George Wilson, Jr. (1966), 112 attempts

as I remember it,Stofa (from Buffalo)saved us from Wilson Jr., and when he broke an ankle the rookie kid Greise stepped in and John was done. This really upset people, we thought that Stofa was the answer and it took some time...and Shula before he was appreciated by the fans. Notice that Bob's first year was not exactly stellar.

Ray Lucas or Yatil Green.

Ray played like he never opened our playbook. "I just used it as a coaster"

Yatil - did he ever catch a pass - in a game I mean?

The names of the really bad players have been forgotten by everyone.Thats whats tough about that question.The ones that have been mentioned are the biggest busts or disappointments.

Here is another one in the modern era.
QB Cade Mc Nown which the dynamic duo traded for when every one knew he was going to be cut by the Bears.

The guy was an absolute flop.Short,poor mechanics terrible at reading defenses.
Just another example of Speilmans good eye for QB talent.(Doesnt it make you nervous he will be involved in possibly picking our next QB?)

I know some of you will not like this answer but I'm going with the most over rated here. Bryon cox. When he played he had a lot of sacks but in those years teams ran the ball on the defense to keep Dan and the offense of the field. Teams ALWAYS ran right at Cox. He would'nt take on blocks and he had the worse tackling technique I have ever seen. He was a much better player later in his career for other teams due to his maturing. Again I know many won't agree.

The first name that came to mind was JOE NEDNEY. Every time he came out to attempt a FG I cringed. Actually to be more precise every time he attempted a FG it was kinda like watching Marino get sacked. You just hoped he would get up not injured.

jj something.. for got his darn name.. he was so bad you guys forgot about him

ercin13 said:
That defensive back that slipped on that john riggins td run in the super bowl vs. redskins. was it don mcneal? I think we would have won that game if you take away that play!

we'd have won if kim bokamper didn't let theisman make him his *****.

Steve Emtman (sp?) came from Baltimore I believe in a trade. He was already on a slide but they thought he would rebound, he never did.

Back
Top Bottom