Who was your favourite free agent pickup and why? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was your favourite free agent pickup and why?

Who was your favourite free agent pickup?

• Mike Wallace

Votes: 190 66.0%
  • Brandon Gibson

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dustin Keller

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Lance Louis

• Tyson Clabo

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • Vaughn Martin

• Dannell Ellerbe

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Phillip Wheeler

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Brent Grimes

Votes: 50 17.4%

• Total voters

uk_dolfan

Proud Tua Cultist
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
I feel reasonably confident in being able to say that our major free agent shopping is now completed. So who is your favourite pickup?

Is it the dynamic but expensive Wallace who was our first signing? Or perhaps the solid but excellent value Clabo who finished up our shopping?

I like pretty much all of our moves but Im going to go with Dustin Keller, I think we got him for a good price and I also agree with the length of the deal.

I think Kelller can give us a dynamic recieveing threat and will give us an option up the seam that we have not had for years. While not much of a red zone threat I think Keller will be an excellent reciever this year and will be Tannehills best friend in the passing game in short to mendium range situations.

Wallace, Keller and Hartline are three pass catching options I feel really good about. This in turn should make our running game much more effective.

Edit: If a mod wants to add a poll thats fine, I dont think can do that on tapatalk.

Last edited by a moderator:
I am going to go with the big name star in Mike Wallace. There were a lot of excellent free agent pickups, but I think Wallace's elite talents can take this offense to a new level and really help the growth of Tannehill.

I love the Wallace deal because it opens the field and gives Tannehill a real threat down field. I also like the Ellerbe signing. Good young player that fills a position of need.

I am going to go with the big name star in Mike Wallace. There were a lot of excellent free agent pickups, but I think Wallace's elite talents can take this offense to a new level and really help the growth of Tannehill.

I love the Wallace deal, the only reason I didnt pick it was beacause of the size of the contract, really good signing.

Tough question! I like almost all the moves and while Wallace probably is the easy answer as it was almost a "must", the most underated/overlooked move that I think could pay the biggest for us is Grimes! If he's anywhere close in his recovery, he was a pro-bowl CB and could give us a huge boost to our pass D we may not be expecting.

For me its about 2 things

1 - the job they are going to do, and
2 - the influence they have on making others better.

I see one option for this and that's Wallace. The influence he can have on the rest of the offense is huge. His ability to take the top of the defence will force the safetys deep meaning they can't put 8 in the box so this influences the run game. Also, he should force the safetys wide therefore giving more space for Keller to work the inside. The player I think benefits the most from Wallace's presence is Miller.

I really like Keller as well. I think with him, our WR's and Clay as our FB we have a dynamic passing offense. If our line can protect it will be fun to watch. Is is September yet!?

I'm most excited about Wallace too, however if Grimes can regain his pre-injury effectiveness, he might just end up being our most impactful signing, once the smoke clears.

My favorite pick up for Brent Grimes although a risky one. We are weak at corner (hopefully our rookies step up to take other spot so we dont have overpaid nickelbacks starting)
grimes if back to his earlier play is a good CB.

Wallace.

Sent from my EVO using Tapatalk 2

I was stunned by Ellerby, wet dream and never thought Newsome would let him go...jumped and screamed when I read the signing, then came Wheeler for the cherry on top, big balls from Jeff!!

My favorite pick up for Brent Grimes although a risky one. We are weak at corner (hopefully our rookies step up to take other spot so we dont have overpaid nickelbacks starting)
grimes if back to his earlier play is a good CB.

I actually think as long as we dont have injury problems that we are pretty solid at corner. Grimes Marshall and Taylor should all be solid starters while Davis Carrol and Jones should be solid backup.

Ireland did a good job at the position over the last 12 months imo

Grimes...

He was playing as well as an corner in the league before his injury. If he comes back to that level, he will be a night-and-day improvement over Smith et al..

Wallace without question. You take him out of the offense and you're left with the same ****ty WR corps we had last year, which was absolutley PATHETIC.

Back
Top Bottom