Who was your favourite free agent pickup and why? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was your favourite free agent pickup and why?

Who was your favourite free agent pickup?

• Mike Wallace

Votes: 190 66.0%
  • Brandon Gibson

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dustin Keller

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Lance Louis

• Tyson Clabo

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • Vaughn Martin

• Dannell Ellerbe

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Phillip Wheeler

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Brent Grimes

Votes: 50 17.4%

• Total voters
I actually think as long as we dont have injury problems that we are pretty solid at corner. Grimes Marshall and Taylor should all be solid starters while Davis Carrol and Jones should be solid backup.

Ireland did a good job at the position over the last 12 months imo

Marshall has never been anything but a lesser level starter throughout his career.

Gotta go with Wallace. Other signings were good and Ireland finally filled needs with veteran one year rentals, but Wallace is the most elite talent.

Quick question can anyone tell me if ellerbe made the line calls for Baltimore when Ray was hurt and if he will be making the calls for us?

Absolutely 100% Mike Wallace. He is what this team has desperately needed for years. A legitimate speed threat that can also run some good routes and can go over the middle. That signing improved the team in a way no other free agent will come close to matching.

Wallace was the only FA that I wanted. He will have the biggest impact on this team as far as any new face goes. A young QB still learning absolutely needs a true legitimate threat at WR. I may sound like John Madden on this one but some people miss the obvious: To beat the other team you have to score more points.

There were alot of players who were signed coming off injuries, with that being said, there is too much uncertainty surrounding Keller, Louis and Grimes in terms of what to expect. So my choice is Clabo. He brings stability and a different type of nastiness to the O-Line, that hasn't been seen around here since Heller manned the RT when Marino was QB.

I was stunned by Ellerby, wet dream and never thought Newsome would let him go...jumped and screamed when I read the signing, then came Wheeler for the cherry on top, big balls from Jeff!!

usually if u are any team if you pay more than another team you get them. They were willing to go 5 a year and we went 7.
looks like they replaced him fairly easy in draft with Arthur Brown not to mention got elvis Dumervil as a bonus which wouldnt have been possible probably if they had paid more for ellerbee.
Newsome stuck to his guns set a value and stuck to it much like we did with Long at 8 million

Wallace. But I LOVE every signing we've done this year. I think Ireland owned this offseason.

But for me, Wallace was a true turning point for us. We targeted the best FA and got him right out of the gate. It says a lot for our organization. Not only did the signing turn heads across the league, it will go along way to help Tannehill.

I like the love our FO has shown RT this offseason. Their confidence in him is inspiring to the fans.

Win or lose, our organization is finally acting like we got a pair. Bout Time.

Was super happy we ended up signing Brent Grimes. If he can come back to how he was he will give us much needed CB help. Loved Wallace as well.

I am so happy that this is a tough question to answer... means that we did great to fill the gaps... I love the addition of Walaces speed and experiance but I think we have a gem with Grimes. Once he is healthy of course...

Hard to go against Wallace simply because of need and fit for that need. The drawback is the size of the contract and the salary cap hit. But... with that being said, I absolutely loved the signing of Grimes and Clabo. They are filling needs and are not overpriced, although Grimes wasn't cheap either. I think both have the potential to become very valuable starters on the team and could be signed long term after this year if they perform and avoid injuries. We will have so many new players this year that I wonder how long it will take for them to jell as a team. That to me is the million dollar question.

Wallace is the best player. But the best Bang for your buck is Dustin Keller. He will be tannehill's best friend this yr

Loved all the signings but I'm really excited to see phillip wheeler chasing down opposing qbs. Dude is fast and will def add speed to our improving d. I think our defense will be top 5 this year

I voted for Grimes. Medically players have come back a lot better from achilles injuries than in the past and think he'll recapture his previous form. He was a position of need, he's immensely talented and he was affordable. The reason I didn't vote Wallace was because I don't believe in shelling out big money to WR's. I don't have a problem with the signing, I've come around to it cause it totally changes our offense but hey a high draft pick (on the cheap) and an Amendola type guy would've been fine by me, gives you more flexibility to do other things. The way everything has been structured I can't complain, only contract I had a real problem with was Ellerbe's.

I am going to go with the big name star in Mike Wallace. There were a lot of excellent free agent pickups, but I think Wallace's elite talents can take this offense to a new level and really help the growth of Tannehill.

I'm not trying to hate or be a downer but is Wallace really going to make our offense that much better? I mean I thought he wasn't that affective last year. Also dropped passes. Or was that simply because he knew his time was up in pit and that contract they gave brown was insulting to where he really didn't try. I would just like some facts really good reasons on why he will be that much better for us other than his speed.

Back
Top Bottom