Who was your favourite free agent pickup and why? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who was your favourite free agent pickup and why?

Who was your favourite free agent pickup?

• Mike Wallace

Votes: 190 66.0%
  • Brandon Gibson

Votes: 1 0.3%
  • Dustin Keller

Votes: 17 5.9%
  • Lance Louis

• Tyson Clabo

Votes: 10 3.5%
  • Vaughn Martin

• Dannell Ellerbe

Votes: 14 4.9%
  • Phillip Wheeler

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Brent Grimes

Votes: 50 17.4%

• Total voters
Everyone knows that Wallace was the best pick, which is why I didn't pick him. Went with Grimes. Gives our secondary probowl talent. Just have to hope he heals up.

If Brent Grimes is anywhere near the production he was giving prior to his Achillies injury, then it was an absolute steal of a signing

I said Clabo...not because he's the last guy we've acquired, but because he completes the OL and having some sort of continuity there is needed...I know there are battles on the inside and we don't know about the health of Louis or the conditioning of JJ, but the OL is now, for all intents and purposes, complete...

I think this thread should have been "other than Wallace" who is clearly the top choice. I believe Clabo is the next best. We have gone two years with Columbo, and Martin playing Columbo. NOT picking on Martin but, his rookie play was about the same as Columbo. This year is different.

Clabo is gonna allow us to run, make Jerry better, and more importantly allow Tannehill some time to roll right, which he does very well.

One thing about this offseason...there is mega change...I mean, we look to have different starters at LT, RT, LCB, RCB, TE, RB, WR1, WR2, WR3, WLB, MLB and likely to have changes at FS, RG, TE2, CB3.

And potentially different guys as RB2, TE2, LG, LS, PK, not to mention a revamping of the STs pretty much all around (other than the returners and punter).

That's a lot of change for one season.... I think that Philbin/Ireland kind of did things a bit differently than most new 'regimes'. They let things ride for a year, giving their premier offseason acquisition (last year), Tanny the ability to get some time under his belt....

This year they have revamped things all around...is that a better route than what most teams take ?? I'll let you know sometime next offseason...but so far I like how they are doing things...

I am going to go with the big name star in Mike Wallace. There were a lot of excellent free agent pickups, but I think Wallace's elite talents can take this offense to a new level and really help the growth of Tannehill.

Honestly, outside of Mike Wallace, I haven't heard of any of the new additions. That's including the draft picks. I don't think Ireland has done that good of a job.

Honestly, outside of Mike Wallace, I haven't heard of any of the new additions. That's including the draft picks. I don't think Ireland has done that good of a job.

2funny! On another one of his fecalicious posts, was gonna reply with " I'm not Nostradamus but I can vividly foresee pink in your near-future".but got distracted. Now a half hour later: low and behold

In all due respect, if ya don't know the players in the game, how can you say anything about anything?

You are under estamating our secret weapon

562547_10151431484039611_79331948_n.jpg

Ellerbe simply because he replaced my most hated Dolphin of all time.

To me it is not so much as my favorite but which player is most important. My answer is in the majority: Wallace (on offense). I do not think that he is important solely because of his hands but his speed. This is because his speed will open up the field for other play makers on offense. That makes him important in my view.

Grimes (on defense) is key. We need corners and he can do the job at that position (I hope). Our defensive pass rush will be improved. This will surely force the opposing quarterbacks to scramble out of the pocket and/or force them to throw the ball before the offensive play develops. This will (should) take much of the pressure off our defensive backs.

Now for LT(?) My eyes will be glued at that position come the preseason. That's the position that worries me the most.

:up:

_

Watch out for Ellerbe. He's young he's up and coming he's fast he's smart he can cover and he can blitz.

Ellerbe could actually be the center piece of a highly creative and dynamic defense that brings it from every where.

Money mike wallace adds an element miami has lacked since clayton duper

Back
Top Bottom