Who wins ring 1st?? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who wins ring 1st??

The best chance would be Dallas
San Diego i guess has a shot
Washington no chance

None of the above but if I was putting them in order of chances.

1. Chmabers
2. Zach
3. taylor

Taylor has no shot, Zach has no shot as long as Wade Phillips is coaching and SD has an ok shot thought he AFC at the top is much tougher.

So...want to backup your opinions? How do the Skins have "no shot/chance"?

So...want to backup your opinions? How do the Skins have "no shot/chance"?

You couldn't win w/ Gibbs and Gibbs was the only person keeping Snyder under control. Gibbs leaves and immediately Snyder wants to get Chad Johnson then gets Jason taylor(he o the career ZERO postseason sacks).

You couldn't win w/ Gibbs and Gibbs was the only person keeping Snyder under control. Gibbs leaves and immediately Snyder wants to get Chad Johnson then gets Jason taylor(he o the career ZERO postseason sacks).

We couldn't win with Gibbs? Do you mean the big one? We made the playoffs 2x in the past 3 years, and Gibbs brought this team back to a very respectable level.

Did you see what he inherited from the Spurrier era?

Who cares if Snyder wanted CJ and ended up getting JT? He wants to win and if he feels like a trade like one of the above would make a significant impact, he'll pull the trigger.

You actually think the Skins are better then the Giants, Packers and Cowboys? Hell, even the Seahawks?

We are on even footing with all of the above. You just wouldn't think so because of what you hear from the media.

We split with Dallas and New York last year. We also barely lost to the Pack, and they couldn't get anything going offensively (with Favre) against us. The Seahawks we were up 14-13 in the 4th quarter in the Wildcard round last near.

Now, things have changed since last year. What's held us back in recent years was our Offense, which Zorn is completely taking the handcuffs off of. Jason Campbell is 12/15 so far in the preseason (I know its just preseason, but by that logic everyone should be able to succeed) with TD drives on 2 of 4 possessions against first team Ds. Peter King even stated in Trainign Camps he has never seen a QB in HIS LIFE as efficient as Campbell has been.....Peter King, in case you didn't know has always been critical on the Skins.

It's fine to be ignorant as to what's going on in D.C.....

We are on even footing with all of the above. You just wouldn't think so because of what you hear from the media.

We split with Dallas and New York last year. We also barely lost to the Pack, and they couldn't get anything going offensively (with Favre) against us. The Seahawks we were up 14-13 in the 4th quarter in the Wildcard round last near.

Now, things have changed since last year. What's held us back in recent years was our Offense, which Zorn is completely taking the handcuffs off of. Jason Campbell is 12/15 so far in the preseason (I know its just preseason, but by that logic everyone should be able to succeed) with TD drives on 2 of 4 possessions against first team Ds. Peter King even stated in Trainign Camps he has never seen a QB in HIS LIFE as efficient as Campbell has been.....Peter King, in case you didn't know has always been critical on the Skins.

Considering D.C. is 5 miles away from where I live, no, I'm not ignorant as to what's going on with the Redskins. No one around here thinks the team will go to the Super Bowl and even if they did, the team is the one that gets there.

I think the Skins will go either 8-8 or 9-7. Next year or the year after is when they might make their move, depending on how their new WR core develops.

Also you mention last year's results.

So based on that logic, the Dolphins will never win more then 1 game in a season again.

Close game or not, a loss is a loss. You were up 14-13 on Seattle but lose by double digits. Where's the relevance in having a lead you lose?

We couldn't win with Gibbs? Do you mean the big one? We made the playoffs 2x in the past 3 years, and Gibbs brought this team back to a very respectable level.

You had 2 playoff seasons that were miraculous. You hasven't had a season of consistent football since 1999. Those were more fluky playoff apps than anything. You followed up the great end of '05 by going 5-11 in '06. Now you have a 1st time HC and you expect to build upon 9-7? good luck.

Did you see what he inherited from the Spurrier era?

TALENT. Those teams had talent which is why every offseason the skins were expected to be good.

Who cares if Snyder wanted CJ and ended up getting JT? He wants to win and if he feels like a trade like one of the above would make a significant impact, he'll pull the trigger.

We all know Snyder is clueless when it comes to building a team, the reason you had any success the past few years was b/c gibbs was running the show w/o Snyder sticking his nose into it.

Philly was behind you b/c of injuries, going into '08 you are the 4th best team in that division. You split w/ Dallas b/c they rested starters in week 17, the giants weren't playing like they were in January when you beat them.

Now, things have changed since last year. What's held us back in recent years was our Offense, which Zorn is completely taking the handcuffs off of.

Zorn hasn't even been an offensive coordinator so how is he this offensive guru? i thought Al Saunders was going to make your O great, what happened there?

Jason Campbell is 12/15 so far in the preseason (I know its just preseason, but by that logic everyone should be able to succeed) with TD drives on 2 of 4 possessions against first team Ds. Peter King even stated in Trainign Camps he has never seen a QB in HIS LIFE as efficient as Campbell has been

You also made the playoffs last year w/o Campbell so he has alot to prove and peter King is wrong alot and I beleive he still had wash as his 4th best team in the div so which will he be correct on- Campbell or the skins season?

I thought the next dynasty was in Miami, I didn't realize the skins ere building one as well.

Also you mention last year's results.

So based on that logic, the Dolphins will never win more then 1 game in a season again.

Close game or not, a loss is a loss. You were up 14-13 on Seattle but lose by double digits. Where's the relevance in having a lead you lose?

I mentioned last year's results because that is where the Skins as a team are coming from, and they are much better going into this year.

I agree, a loss is a loss. The point is we held on our own with the "best" of our conference.

I mentioned last year's results because that is where the Skins as a team are coming from, and they are much better going into this year.

I agree, a loss is a loss. The point is we held on our own with the "best" of our conference.

The "best" got crushed the following week.

Well hey man I certainly give the Skins props for getting to the playoffs and going 9-7, obviously the Phins haven't had as much success as them so I already know that.

The Skins might get to the playoffs again this year (at 9-7 maybe). I think they have the chance of being a decent team. But until they face Dallas in a game that matters, same for the Giants, they aren't as good.

I mean, beat Seattle first. Then the conversation can advance

You had 2 playoff seasons that were miraculous. You hasven't had a season of consistent football since 1999. Those were more fluky playoff apps than anything. You followed up the great end of '05 by going 5-11 in '06. Now you have a 1st time HC and you expect to build upon 9-7? good luck.

The Skins took a big **** in '06, no argument here. First time HCs have won in this league, you can't say we'll be bad because of that. Zorn is a huge upgrade (offensively) from Gibbs.

TALENT. Those teams had talent which is why every offseason the skins were expected to be good.

No, those teams didn't have talent. They had big name FA signings (Danny's error) which turned out to be busts. The talent wasn't there....look back at some of those rosters....God awful.

We all know Snyder is clueless when it comes to building a team, the reason you had any success the past few years was b/c gibbs was running the show w/o Snyder sticking his nose into it.

I'm really torn on Gibbs. Yes we had success because of him, but I believe he held us back from even greater success with the way he ran his offense. Snyder has definitely made mistakes in the past, but in the past few seasons he is definitely changing for the better.

Philly was behind you b/c of injuries, going into '08 you are the 4th best team in that division. You split w/ Dallas b/c they rested starters in week 17, the giants weren't playing like they were in January when you beat them.

Philly was behind us because of injuries? Yeah, we didn't have our own :rolleyes: The thing is, no one makes excuses for the Skins when we are marred by injuries. After 2 weeks, the entire right side of our O-line was gone FOR THE YEAR. Not only that, but each starting WR missed 3 games, we lost a starting CB and LB for the year, among many other injuries. Oh yeah, did I mention our best player was murdered in cold blood. Philly behind us because of injuries? That excuse is plain BULL****.

Also, Dallas didn't rest their starters. They played them through the first half when they had -1 running yards combined. Yes, NEGATIVE. Also, look at the score from the first game. We lost, but we drove at the end of the game and almost won it. The Giants weren't playing like they were? Two teams beat them at the end of the season before their SB run. US and NE. We beat them handily in NY on a Sunday night igniting our playoff run.

Zorn hasn't even been an offensive coordinator so how is he this offensive guru? i thought Al Saunders was going to make your O great, what happened there?

Saunders himself said it takes 3 years for his offense to gel. He was also handicapped by Gibbs. Look what Zorn has done in the past with QBs.

You also made the playoffs last year w/o Campbell so he has alot to prove and peter King is wrong alot and I beleive he still had wash as his 4th best team in the div so which will he be correct on- Campbell or the skins season?

Yes, without JC, but with Collins. Collins had been in Al's system for almost a decade. Also, JC learned a lot watching Collins go through progressions while on the sideline. He used that time for good.

I thought the next dynasty was in Miami, I didn't realize the skins ere building one as well.

Keep your eyes open and to quote the biggest jackass I know, "Get your popcorn ready."

*I'm too lazy to make the quote blocks :D

Well hey man I certainly give the Skins props for getting to the playoffs and going 9-7, obviously the Phins haven't had as much success as them so I already know that.

The Skins might get to the playoffs again this year (at 9-7 maybe). I think they have the chance of being a decent team. But until they face Dallas in a game that matters, same for the Giants, they aren't as good.

I mean, beat Seattle first. Then the conversation can advance

We faced both Dallas and New York in games that mattered last year and came out on top easily.

Back
Top Bottom