Who wins ring 1st?? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who wins ring 1st??

....and Dallas bows out as quickly as they are in. They haven't won a playoff game for over a decade. We all know how bad the 6th seed is, just ask the Steelers :rolleyes2:

You guys only have 1 more playoff win and you beat Chris Simms led Tampa Bay.

....and we've won a playoff game more recently than Dallas, so we are better right? :rolleyes:

That logic sucks :D

And this even-numbered, odd-numbered crap....well....that's going to have to be rethought after this season :lol:

If the Skins were better then Dallas wouldn't they win the division?

2....and yes, Simms was their QB, so?

I meant this decade, you have 1 playoff win and they have zero. They also have 3 Championships since your last last Championship.

As far as last night, that Zorn led O didn't impress me at all and Jason Campbell struggled. if not for a bad PI penalty your first team O may not have scored.

....and we've won a playoff game more recently than Dallas, so we are better right? :rolleyes:

That logic sucks :D

And this even-numbered, odd-numbered crap....well....that's going to have to be rethought after this season :lol:

I'm sure that whole bowing out logic had nothing to do with having the two starting wide recievers injured, two starting corners playing less than 100%, with Jacque Reeves and Nate Jones in there. :rolleyes: Please, the point being made about dallas is that they have improved their weakpoints. Still, must be reiterated that this is the preseason playing with vanilla defenses. Still, using your logic about how "good" they look in the preseason, what do you have to say about the redskins starting offense now after that last game? Dallas starters killed themselves with penalties and played poorly, but I'm not tossing my arms up in the air. How about we wait until the start of the regular season before we talk about which team is and isn't playoff caliber?

I'm sure that whole bowing out logic had nothing to do with having the two starting wide recievers injured, two starting corners playing less than 100%, with Jacque Reeves and Nate Jones in there. :rolleyes: Please, the point being made about dallas is that they have improved their weakpoints. Still, must be reiterated that this is the preseason playing with vanilla defenses. Still, using your logic about how "good" they look in the preseason, what do you have to say about the redskins starting offense now after that last game? Dallas starters killed themselves with penalties and played poorly, but I'm not tossing my arms up in the air. How about we wait until the start of the regular season before we talk about which team is and isn't playoff caliber?

...and brokeback nation throws in their 2 cents....

Dallas has improved their weakpoints? Would you like to explain that? My response to last night's game is that I'm actually relieved they struggled at least a game in the preseason. That keeps the coaches on edge and doesn't let the players get too comfortable going into the season.

I agree, the preseason isn't a tell all. The bottom line though is that Dallas is way overhyped. What's going to happen if they are one and done again this year?

...and brokeback nation throws in their 2 cents....

Dallas has improved their weakpoints? Would you like to explain that? My response to last night's game is that I'm actually relieved they struggled at least a game in the preseason. That keeps the coaches on edge and doesn't let the players get too comfortable going into the season.

I agree, the preseason isn't a tell all. The bottom line though is that Dallas is way overhyped. What's going to happen if they are one and done again this year?

Good one, throw in some sorry gay joke instead of using real logic in a non hostile post directed at you. Typical skins fan, but whatever, I'll let it slide. I am assuming based on your post you are saying dallas has not improved its weak points. First, corner was a problem. There was no depth. As soon as a starter went down, Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones where in the line up. Now, the team has so many corners with talent they will not be able to keep them all, and had to toy with putting Anthony Henry at safety. Mike Jenkins and Pacman come in. Are either ready to be starters? No they are not, but for covering a team's third or fourth wide receiver, I'd say that is pretty solid. Each should improve with playing time on the field. Then, Orlando Scandrick has played so well, it has even been said he is outperforming mike jenkins at this point. I look at that more of a plus. Evan Oglesby has been turning heads. Suddenly, Dallas is deep in the secondary, and if Roy Williams cannot fix his coverage problem, then let anthony henry in there, who led the league in INTs until he hurt his ankle, play while the other corners jump in as well. LB across from Bradie James was turning in an average to poor performance. Who else better in the league to upgrade that spot than Zach Thomas, and he has, by all appearances, been taking hits without a problem. You could say Terry Glenn being gone was a weakness, but in reality, he never really played last season while the team set franchise records surpassing that of even the 90's days. RB depth behind Marion Barber is another. We draft Felix Jones who has already shown to have the speed and catching ability to complement barber. Other than that, the D-Line is solid with the emergence of Tank Johnson establishing himself, our O-line is one of the best in the league, Tony Romo speaks for himself, and we are returning all but 2 starters from a 13-3 season who were upgraded from Ayodele to thomas, and Julius Jones to Marion Barber. So, yes, Dallas has improved its weaknesses IMO. Explanation enough Mr.Brokeback Mountain or are you ready to have a serious discussion without letting some senseless insults fly cuz I'm on the other side of the Dallas-Washington rivalry? FYI, I put in my two cents long ago if you actually read this entire thread. If you paid attention, you would know that I gave my honest opinion about washington, and it wasn't simply "they suck and are overhyped."

Good one, throw in some sorry gay joke instead of using real logic in a non hostile post directed at you. Typical skins fan, but whatever, I'll let it slide. I am assuming based on your post you are saying dallas has not improved its weak points.

First, corner was a problem. There was no depth. As soon as a starter went down, Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones where in the line up. Now, the team has so many corners with talent they will not be able to keep them all, and had to toy with putting Anthony Henry at safety. Mike Jenkins and Pacman come in. Are either ready to be starters? No they are not, but for covering a team's third or fourth wide receiver, I'd say that is pretty solid. Each should improve with playing time on the field. Then, Orlando Scandrick has played so well, it has even been said he is outperforming mike jenkins at this point. I look at that more of a plus. Evan Oglesby has been turning heads.

Suddenly, Dallas is deep in the secondary, and if Roy Williams cannot fix his coverage problem, then let anthony henry in there, who led the league in INTs until he hurt his ankle, play while the other corners jump in as well. LB across from Bradie James was turning in an average to poor performance. Who else better in the league to upgrade that spot than Zach Thomas, and he has, by all appearances, been taking hits without a problem. You could say Terry Glenn being gone was a weakness, but in reality, he never really played last season while the team set franchise records surpassing that of even the 90's days. RB depth behind Marion Barber is another. We draft Felix Jones who has already shown to have the speed and catching ability to complement barber.

Other than that, the D-Line is solid with the emergence of Tank Johnson establishing himself, our O-line is one of the best in the league, Tony Romo speaks for himself, and we are returning all but 2 starters from a 13-3 season who were upgraded from Ayodele to thomas, and Julius Jones to Marion Barber. So, yes, Dallas has improved its weaknesses IMO.

Explanation enough Mr.Brokeback Mountain or are you ready to have a serious discussion without letting some senseless insults fly cuz I'm on the other side of the Dallas-Washington rivalry? FYI, I put in my two cents long ago if you actually read this entire thread. If you paid attention, you would know that I gave my honest opinion about washington, and it wasn't simply "they suck and are overhyped."

:lol:

Calm down bro...I refer to any "Cowboy" as a brokeback, don't get that upset. After the displays and prayers we as Redskin Nation got from Dallas following Sean's death a lot changed. I actually have a few Cowboy friends over on our message board. The fact remains that they are brokebacks, and our rivalry is more exciting when both of our teams place well.

I just always thought Dallas's main problems were two things: WR depth and a huge team ego. I didn't see much happen with the receiving corps except for T.O. getting another year older. Yes, he still performs in the top 5 or so in the league, but he's coming up on 35 and I believe his best days are behind him.

I know teams need confidence, but everything Dallas, from the owner to the coach to the QB exudes this huge, inflated ego. Do you think Wade is still in Dallas with another one and done year? How many more of those before Dallas needs to seriously rebuild their team?

Thank you for your time, Brokeback :wink:

TO is 35 but you're talking about a guy who is in as good a shape as any 25 year old WR that there is. He still has the size and strength physically to dominate. He's still one of the best in the game.

The Cowboys did also improve their Corners and Linebackers this off-season, in fact i think they improved at RB with Felix Jones over Julius. Their WR's are fine, Crayton is ok....Owens as i stated is still one of the best.

The Cowboys are going to be the best team in the NFC again this year, but can that translate to the playoffs? I don't know. Wade Phillips doesn't impress me.

Good one, throw in some sorry gay joke instead of using real logic in a non hostile post directed at you. Typical skins fan, but whatever, I'll let it slide. I am assuming based on your post you are saying dallas has not improved its weak points. First, corner was a problem. There was no depth. As soon as a starter went down, Jacques Reeves and Nate Jones where in the line up. Now, the team has so many corners with talent they will not be able to keep them all, and had to toy with putting Anthony Henry at safety. Mike Jenkins and Pacman come in. Are either ready to be starters? No they are not, but for covering a team's third or fourth wide receiver, I'd say that is pretty solid. Each should improve with playing time on the field. Then, Orlando Scandrick has played so well, it has even been said he is outperforming mike jenkins at this point. I look at that more of a plus. Evan Oglesby has been turning heads. Suddenly, Dallas is deep in the secondary, and if Roy Williams cannot fix his coverage problem, then let anthony henry in there, who led the league in INTs until he hurt his ankle, play while the other corners jump in as well. LB across from Bradie James was turning in an average to poor performance. Who else better in the league to upgrade that spot than Zach Thomas, and he has, by all appearances, been taking hits without a problem. You could say Terry Glenn being gone was a weakness, but in reality, he never really played last season while the team set franchise records surpassing that of even the 90's days. RB depth behind Marion Barber is another. We draft Felix Jones who has already shown to have the speed and catching ability to complement barber. Other than that, the D-Line is solid with the emergence of Tank Johnson establishing himself, our O-line is one of the best in the league, Tony Romo speaks for himself, and we are returning all but 2 starters from a 13-3 season who were upgraded from Ayodele to thomas, and Julius Jones to Marion Barber. So, yes, Dallas has improved its weaknesses IMO. Explanation enough Mr.Brokeback Mountain or are you ready to have a serious discussion without letting some senseless insults fly cuz I'm on the other side of the Dallas-Washington rivalry? FYI, I put in my two cents long ago if you actually read this entire thread. If you paid attention, you would know that I gave my honest opinion about washington, and it wasn't simply "they suck and are overhyped."

13-3 is great but you have to win in January, if you go 11-5 or 14-2 it doesn't matter. All that will matter is January and as talented as dallas is you have to be concerned w/ a few things:

-Wade Phillips, has always been a copaxh good enough to get to postseason but w/ 3 different teams has NEVER won a postseason game PLUS if Dallas struggles at all during the reg season we'll hear the Jason garrett rumors swirling.

-Bringing in problem players like Pac man Jones. This guy shouldn't be anywhere near a football field and he's already running his mouth and started a fight w/ Den in practice last week.

-Hard Knocks. If I was a Cowboy fan I'd be VERY worried watching that show. They are just talking Super Bowl and ignoring the steps it takes to get there and the camp is incredibly soft. They are not working nearly as hard as a gteam that was upset at home in the div rd should be working.

Dallas' talent MAY be able to overcome this question marks but from an outsider I see problems on the horizon. I wih your team luck, the team I hate in that division is the Giants so I'll be pulling for the other 3 teams but just some observations from an unbiased fan for you.

:lol:

Calm down bro...I refer to any "Cowboy" as a brokeback, don't get that upset. After the displays and prayers we as Redskin Nation got from Dallas following Sean's death a lot changed. I actually have a few Cowboy friends over on our message board. The fact remains that they are brokebacks, and our rivalry is more exciting when both of our teams place well.

I just always thought Dallas's main problems were two things: WR depth and a huge team ego. I didn't see much happen with the receiving corps except for T.O. getting another year older. Yes, he still performs in the top 5 or so in the league, but he's coming up on 35 and I believe his best days are behind him.

I know teams need confidence, but everything Dallas, from the owner to the coach to the QB exudes this huge, inflated ego. Do you think Wade is still in Dallas with another one and done year? How many more of those before Dallas needs to seriously rebuild their team?

Thank you for your time, Brokeback :wink:

I think TO is still just as good as anyone in the league with the way he plays. As far as Phillips, I have no idea. I will give him another year. I don't think Dallas needs to rebuild anything. Bill Parcells rebuilt it. The team is solid right now. WR depth is overdoen in the media. I am more than confident in Crayton's play, and a lot of people forget that Witten is one of the main receiving threats. This is still the same group who was a potent offense last year. No, I am not ready to brand them super bowl champions. They still need to win in the postseason, but as I said, the weaknesses have improved.

Back
Top Bottom