Who wins ring 1st?? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who wins ring 1st??

1st time HCs can be successful, our last 2 HCs were first time HCs and each made the postseason in year 1 BUT Zorn was a QB coach. How do you know he'll make your O better when he has never called plays?

Those teams had talent. In '03 they had Coles, Samuels, Thomas, Dockery, Jansen, Trotter, Champ, Smoot, Betts, Pierce, ... They used some of those guys to ntrade for other good players but they had a good talent base. The skins have actually drafted pretty well, their problem has been giving away too many draft picks.

So you guys had some injuries too but Philly is a proven winning team, you guys were not. Clearly their season was affected by injuries.

Dallas did not go into that game w/ winning on their minds. The starters barely played and they treated that game like an exhibition game. If Dallas needed that game you would have seen a different cowboy team.

The Giants had just barely beat the Eagles and Bears the previous 2 weeks and 3 weeks earlier were crushed by Minnesota. The giants were not playing good football. I believe that game was the wake up call for them and they started playing well after that game and really got their confience playing NE tight.

What has Zorn done in the past w/ QBs? Charlie Batch was highly rated coming out of college and didn't develop, hasslebeck had already been developing under Holmgren and took him 3 years under Zorn to have a good year. Don't believe what you read in his bio at the skins site. of course they will give him all the credit, the man has never called a play on offense- that should worry you.

Mattered to you but not them. I mean, the Giants won the SB so...

To us but not them....okay...when the Giants were in the midst of their playoff push and we came in, the game had the atmosphere of a playoff game. The Giants needed that game to have smooth sailing into the playoffs. That game had a lot of meaning to both teams.

1st time HCs can be successful, our last 2 HCs were first time HCs and each made the postseason in year 1 BUT Zorn was a QB coach. How do you know he'll make your O better when he has never called plays?

He has called plays in college, not the NFL. He's made our O considerably better on the 4 drives our first team offense has had this preseason. He has not made any mistakes in game/time management and we have played extremely disciplined football.

Those teams had talent. In '03 they had Coles, Samuels, Thomas, Dockery, Jansen, Trotter, Champ, Smoot, Betts, Pierce, ... They used some of those guys to ntrade for other good players but they had a good talent base. The skins have actually drafted pretty well, their problem has been giving away too many draft picks.

Sadly we've always given away most of our draft picks, thankfully that hasn't been the case in the past few years. At the time, most of those players were decent. Betts couldn't start on most teams in the league and Pierce took off when going to NY. Also, Dock is overrated highly IMO.

So you guys had some injuries too but Philly is a proven winning team, you guys were not. Clearly their season was affected by injuries.

They are a proven winning team? They've proven they can't bring a Lombardi home. Injuries hurt them too bad, maybe they didnt have the depth to be successful (like us).

Dallas did not go into that game w/ winning on their minds. The starters barely played and they treated that game like an exhibition game. If Dallas needed that game you would have seen a different cowboy team.

We were going to win that game regardless. The starters didn't "barely" play - they played the first half. I'm sure we would've seen a different team, like the one that showed up against NY :rolleyes2:

The Giants had just barely beat the Eagles and Bears the previous 2 weeks and 3 weeks earlier were crushed by Minnesota. The giants were not playing good football. I believe that game was the wake up call for them and they started playing well after that game and really got their confience playing NE tight.

Still, it was a highly meaningful game.

What has Zorn done in the past w/ QBs? Charlie Batch was highly rated coming out of college and didn't develop, hasslebeck had already been developing under Holmgren and took him 3 years under Zorn to have a good year. Don't believe what you read in his bio at the skins site. of course they will give him all the credit, the man has never called a play on offense- that should worry you.

Zorn was primarily a QB coach for the Seahawks (although Detroit for a few years was his first taste). He went to Seattle in 2001 and arrived when Hasselbeck got there. Hasselbeck had thrown all of 29 balls in his previous 2 years in GB.

I've never read his bio on the Skins site....one is up?

Never called a play on offense....no, he never has during the season (he's looked solid in the preseason) and he has in college. I'm not worried one bit.

:wink:

I think Chambers in SD is the first to win it, and I think the Bolts win the whole thing this year.

If LT doesn't wimp out after his knee hurt, and if Rivers and Gates are at 100%, they win the whole thing last season.

I think San Diego has the best team of those three teams, so I'd say Chambers. Granted, the AFC has more elite teams than the NFC does, making it easier for the Cowboys to get to the Super Bowl, but that argument is offset by the fact that San Diego would be the better team if they made it that far.

I think with them being a smaller market, west coast team, they're forgotten about and flying under the radar. They practically won the AFCCG last year with three of their best players hurt.

To us but not them....okay...when the Giants were in the midst of their playoff push and we came in, the game had the atmosphere of a playoff game. The Giants needed that game to have smooth sailing into the playoffs. That game had a lot of meaning to both teams.

How much meaning did it have for the Giants who went on to win the Super Bowl?

How much meaning did it have for the Giants who went on to win the Super Bowl?

Huge meaning. We broke Shockey's leg in that game, finally giving their offense the peace and quiet to gel :D

I think being 2-0 in the preseason is getting to you ;)

Witnessing a potent offense, hearing what I'm hearing from players and coaches, and looking at facts is getting to me.

My Skins have basically sucked my entire memory, and I'm watching it turn around and a new era begin :woot:

C'mon people I said Wes Welker! WHERE'S THE HATE??

poster2-1.jpg

clear.gif

clear.gif

28mo8ye-1.jpg

1zx5hmb-1.jpg

nvbbe8-1.jpg

16i9vdj-1.jpg

34e2uit-1.jpg

2cztvkx-1.jpg

2czwjya-1.jpg

Did you guys hear something?

Call me when Washington makes a Super Bowl...or stays within 40 of the Patriots.

MossOwnsSkins-1.jpg

WelkersAwesome-1.jpg

52-7:woot:

So, like I was saying. My choice is Wes Welker, former Dolphin who was had for a 2nd and 7th:hi5:.

You cannot say any of those three will get one guaranteed. Washington will definitely not get a ring. They have a first year coach who was a QB coach previously and while before they become legitimate contenders. I am on the fence with san diego. They have an immensely talented team, but I think Norv turner is better as an O-coordinator than he is as a head coach. They have the talent, but it all depends on that coaching staff. Remember san diego's sluggish start last season despite having such a great team? A lot of people seem ready to pencil in Dallas to the super bowl, but I'm not ready to jump that far yet. Pacman has shown rust, and while the starters have looked great, the depth has looked horrible. Hopefully that is fixed and the back ups improve. Also, Dallas is one injury away from being in trouble. Should Romo or TO go down, things look bad. Its anyone's guess who will be in the superbowl. I think San Diego and Dallas reach the post season and Washington is a huge question mark. It's not that they have a bad team so much as it is the NFC East has 4 great teams. I say Chambers and Zach have an equal chance, while taylor does not have much of a chance. Still, it would not surprise me to see any of em walk away with a ring.

Huge meaning. We broke Shockey's leg in that game, finally giving their offense the peace and quiet to gel :D

Witnessing a potent offense, hearing what I'm hearing from players and coaches, and looking at facts is getting to me.

My Skins have basically sucked my entire memory, and I'm watching it turn around and a new era begin :woot:

There are so many things I would like to point out, but they have already been pointed out. Aside from starters being rested, TO being injured, homefield advantage secured, it is evident that the last games were not being played to full extent. I agree that had the game had meaning, a different team altogether would have been out there. Also, preseason means nothing whatsoever. There have been teams who went 4-0 in the preseason and ended up with losing records. There have been teams with losing records in the preseason who went on to have incredible seasons. I think people just can't help themselves when they see a game in the preseason. Also remember, that you only see base defenses in the preseason. There is no gameplanning. The Dallas starters rammed the ball down the chargers' throats on the first series last week with no problem. Does that mean in a real game with planning using real defenses that Dallas would do the same? No, it doesn't. That defense is more talented than that. People need to try and keep their heads from getting big in the preseason. I'll keep my full judgment reserved until week 1 of the regular season when games start to matter.

Call me when Washington makes a Super Bowl...or stays within 40 of the Patriots.

MossOwnsSkins-1.jpg

WelkersAwesome-1.jpg

52-7:woot:

So, like I was saying. My choice is Wes Welker, former Dolphin who was had for a 2nd and 7th:hi5:.

Wes Welker isn't worth a second and a seventh round pick. You'll find that out if Randy Moss ever goes down with any kind of injury.

Back
Top Bottom