Who Won the Tunsil, Tannehill & Fitzpatrick Trades? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Won the Tunsil, Tannehill & Fitzpatrick Trades?

Oh no. The people who insist that we needed to trade Mikah because he was wanting to leave will not like this. Lol. Should have kept him and made play or retire. He woulda played. Also I am. Going to say it. Flo shoulda had him playing more free safety and not McCain
That caused all of this. But this regime can do no wrong for some here. I like this regime too but they make mistakes like everybody. Only way we win trade now if Jackson improves and takes care of left tackle. Which could still happen. But right now. Steelers got better end of it.
I believe it's still a wait and see situation with both.

Jackson is way to young, coming back from giving bone marrow to his sister only a few years ago, while Fitzpatrick quickly changed his feeling on the Dolphins when things looked bad...Jackson could end up being a very good L-Tackle, while Fitzpatrick continues to cry on how he's being used if things go bad.

I wonder if the people here saying 'it was time for Tannehill to go' were also the ones trying to kick him out the door since his sophomore season. Otherwise, I don't understand the mindset of 'it's time to let a talented piece leave for next to nothing'...

I wonder what the Texans ultimately get in return for Tunsil when they trade him.

Wouldn't make any sense to keep Laremy if they trade Watson. There is no saving face. What you gave up has no bearing on what his value is now. Tennessee could use him, interdivision or not. Houston needs assets (draft picks) to rebuild that roster.

Cincy, LAC, Arizona; some teams with up and coming or young QB's could use a LT like LT.

Maybe even KC?

That salary though. What was Bill O'Brien thinking? The second they made that deal it became obvious Laremy had all the leverage.

Miami's FO understands leverage.

Not really. How soon we forget.

Ajai was not even allowed to play against Seattle. The real reason was never given, but it appeared to have had something to do with his attitude. Even when during the period he played well, his play was spotty and between those big games he was making less then 50 yards a game.

So don't hand me that BS that Ajai was the reason for Tannehills improvement that year. The common factors for those guys having a good year was Adam Gase, like it or not!
I remember. But didn’t we start out w not such a good record and then started winning in spades once Ajai got rolling? He had 3 200 yard games I think. And then the whole offense began to click. All I’m saying is I think the power run game took pressure off and Tannehill (and Matt Moore for that matter) played really well after that.

I remember. But didn’t we start out w not such a good record and then started winning in spades once Ajai got rolling? He had 3 200 yard games I think. And then the whole offense began to click. All I’m saying is I think the power run game took pressure off and Tannehill (and Matt Moore for that matter) played really well after that.

He had several games under 30 yards between those 200 yard games.

We won some of those, so it couldn't al be Ajai.

The running game should augment a passing game. We went to the playoffs with 3 good games from Ajai and a dozen good games from Tannehill. We would have done better if Tannehill didn't get injured.

Ajai was Far over-rated, inconsistent and a discipline problem - and those were his good points - LOL

I am not sure how you determine their behavior was tolerated in Miami. Cutting him with 2 years left on his contract while he was still the best CB on the roster at the time certainly doesn’t appear the organization was tolerant of their “trash”.
He should have suspended/cut the moment his/her **** started and not allowed to spread like the cancer they were, they damaged Tannehill in the locker room and the area.

I always thought it spoke very clearly about the rest of the players lack of character on the team and why talent must be seen in balance with character.

He had several games under 30 yards between those 200 yard games.

We won some of those, so it couldn't al be Ajai.

The running game should augment a passing game. We went to the playoffs with 3 good games from Ajai and a dozen good games from Tannehill. We would have done better if Tannehill didn't get injured.

Ajai was Far over-rated, inconsistent and a discipline problem - and those were his good points - LOL
Fair enough though once the threat of the run game was established teams had to defend everything. That should have helped open the pass game. I know RT played well that year. Moore played well as well - it was our best year of QB play of the Gase “era” Jay Cutler and Brock Rottweiler be damned. I don’t know that I’ve ever seen a QB go from being slightly better than average for 7 years to top 5 in the league just via switching teams. I mean, we obviously screwed something up that Tennessee figured out how not to replicate. I’d love to know what it was. Guy is a total stud now. 40 TDs last year. Prior year a QBR that I think led the league - even over Mahomes. I mean, what we would have given for that kind of play here. Oh, and it just goes to show the term “QB whisperer” is 10000x more overrated than Jai Ajai was - Philbin and Gase were supposed to be the reasons Aaron Rodgers and Peyton Manning (hahahahha) were great. Mike Vrabel isn’t supposed to know anything about QBs except for the fact that they are they guy w the football that you try to kill. QB whisperers my arse.

The Minkah trade to me is still TBD. Minkah did look better in the Steelers D though
TBH when we made the trade, the Stealers were treading water with Ben on IR. It looked like a top 15 pick for sure at the time. I thought Tomlin was an average coach before that year. I liked the trade at the time, just unlucky.

It doesnt matter how good your players are if the brain trust running the team hire trash coaches and assistants.
The problem early on was Ross. He rubbed people wrong.
Thats my take.

I thought the players job was the coaches decision, not the players.

Would a player deliberately slag off when playing a position he didn't care for or just drag his heels when playing "out of position" in their mind.

I think they would.

No team can excel with the player calling the shots.
Agreed but still was idiotic to not give Minkah the FS job and force McCain there
Just dumb

Minkah is a good player, but he is criminally overrated. I honestly don’t get how people don’t see it.
I think we just see the refusal to try him at his best position versatile or overrated not the main point
Many of us feel he would be a very good FS yet was never put there
Tome was like Ballage who played miserably being force fed instead of using a much better back in Drake
Mind boggling
Brought back memories of seeing Dallas Thomas bing trotted out there again and again when the whole world could see he was awful

If Austin Jackson turns into a solid LT this year, the Minkah trade will be a wash IMO, but I value LT more than I do safety. Even if he is a top 5-ish safety.

Texans are going to be paying Tunsil $26.1M and $26.8 starting next year with his extension. AJ will make about 3-4M over the next 3 years. Let's hope he steps his game up.

The only thing that matters is how the team is doing in totality.

The organization is well respected, is on the ascent, has overachieved and setting itself up for a long playoff run.

The teardowns and trades were a direct function of where we are today. You can't grade each trade on its own, you can only grade how the organizations plan is coming together.

The only trade you can judge as a failure at this moment is the Rosen trade for a 2nd round pick.

Back
Top Bottom