Who Would Be A Great Hc For The Dolphins? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Would Be A Great Hc For The Dolphins?

If I’m Ross, after Philbin and Gase, I’m not risking another on the job training. I want a proven guy with HC experience. That’s why I’d dump a brinks truck in Harbaugh’s yard if I were him. Had he done that when Andy Reid became available he’d be sitting pretty right now...

I'd like a HC that has been a HC before, even if he's only been a HC in college. I don't want yet another first time coach.

I want a HC that has previous HCing experience in the NFL, and who was successful. Both Harbaughs fit this.
I'm not sure how locked in Jim is at Michigan and I believe Ross wants him to stay there.
The Wolverines appear to be Ross' passion and the Fins are his play thing.
I'd really like John to come in as well.
From college, I'd like Urban, simply because the guy wins everywhere he goes, but he will never leave Ohio St.
And if we want a hi octane offense, bring in Steve Spurrier, wooo!

Honestly don’t mind if they’re young. Especially if they’re anything like McVay.
Honestly wouldn’t mind considering Zac Taylor he could bring his brother Press Taylor to be OC. But if I was going to pick an NFL coach who was previously a HC it would either be Harbaugh or McDaniels.

They don't need a head coach, they need a president who can identify a GM and HC combination that can:

1. Establish a culture for the organization
2. Identify Front Office personnel and coaches that will fit into that culture, can identify roster talent and develop roster players that also fit the scheme/culture.

I think John Harbaugh needs a change of scenery. He also needs a non-Flacco environment. With Ozzie stepping down, I could see Baltimore legitimately wanting to reboot the franchise.

While I'm against the hype of Jim Harbaugh, I would entertain John Harbaugh.

In fact, I would entertain trying to woo Ozzie and John coming down to Miami in different capacities. Ozzie would be the savvy football-minded Executive we've desperately needed. His direction could definitely build a great organization. And I think John could be brought in as a HC, while Ozzie hand picks the entire FO, GM and Scouting Department.

Hand Ozzie the keys and let him build the team for John to lead. With Ozzie in control of the organization and John in charge of the team, we could lure some great talent to fill the front office and coaching ranks. Instant legitimacy.

We need professionals. We need football minds. We need Super Bowl winners building this organization.

Jim is not the answer in my mind. But his connections with John and his to Ozzie, could connect Ross with the people we need to lead this franchise.

Is it outta line for me to ask.....

Who’d want the job?

I do worry about this. There is much glory to be won by being the guy that FINALLY takes the Browns to the show. It seems like, for all their misery, they DO try.

But then, there’s us....

Shula is an impossible standard to follow. But let’s forget about the glory days (all we have left).

We have a shitty reputation. Good players become mediocre in Miami. Good rookies go elsewhere. Seems like you play your rookie contract elsewhere. You rocked it, so everybody wants you. Miami sells the farm to get you. You screw around for a few years, and now that you’re a zillionaire you go play for a real team to get that ring.

There’s a lot of bullshit that a new coach would have to overcome in Miami, bullshit that no one else has fixed.

Daunting, to say the least.

I would have liked Tom Coughlin at one time. I hate rehashing the old guys so I was all in for Cameron, Philbin, Sporano and Gase. These guys were all thought of as being the next big thing with a lot going for them at their times. Like quarterbacks, you need to keep taking one until you hit and know when to cut bait.

Yuck.

Scott Linehan? Zac Taylor? These are the names we have to choose from?

Well, at least there won’t be any false hope of making the playoffs for the next decade if this is the route we take.

I’ve been reading some articles about the top HC candidates this year and here are some of the hot names bandied about:

David Shaw

I don't know if David Shaw is considering the NFL but he is responsible for the strangest statistical switch I've ever seen in college football.

Washington State is last in the nation in rushing attempts per game. Massive favoritism there. Mike Leach never runs the ball. He is last by more than 6 rushes per game and he's been last nationally every season at Washington State.

But second to last in rushes per game is the Stanford Cardinal.

I never would have believed that without watching it unfold last season and this year. Stanford was always a 40 rush per game team. Year after year. Very little variance. It strangely dropped to 34 last season. I took note of it and assumed it was a blip, that it would return to 40ish in 2018.

Nope. Not even close. Stanford now runs the ball 28 times per game, which isn't low by NFL standards but in college football is good for second to last nationally. And they only have one game above 33 rushes.

I don't know what is going on with David Shaw. Bryce Love was injured early in the season but not recently. Opponents threw some unusual fronts at Stanford early in the year and Shaw seemed to overreact to that, abandoning the running game beyond any sensible level. K.J. Costello is fiery and talented at quarterback but Shaw should know that 28 rushes per game is hardly the ideal blueprint.

If you watch Big Ten football, Jeff Brohm calls a beautiful game and seems to check the other boxes. He’s more innovative than Jim Harbaugh, who is starting to look like a dinosaur. I don’t know if the NFL can get him away from the college game but he’d be an inspiring choice.

I do like the physicality with the way the Harbaughs, especially John, set up their teams. But, if you look at Jim, at this point you wouldn’t like his chances going up against a high powered offense.

Back
Top Bottom