Who Would Be A Great Hc For The Dolphins? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Would Be A Great Hc For The Dolphins?

Don't know nearly enough coaches at college level apart from Harbaugh and Saban (know enough about him from your comments on my previous thread lol)

Some say Mike McCarthy could be on the hot seat at GB but doubters may argue he's underachieving with a HOF QB perhaps? Though it seems Rodgers has to carry that team a lot.

Mike Shanahan and Jack del Rio for a cuple of years, and then, del Rio to HC with a han pick OC by Shanahan

Either one of the Harbaughs would bring toughness back to the team. They also could assemble a much better coaching staff than guys like Gase can.

This is the direction I’m leaning. I said back then and I’ll say it now, I still think the team would have been better with Dan Campbell than Gase.

Mike Shanahan hes got the pedigree, rings and experience needed to restore Miami reputation.
They interviewed him twice in 2016. I guess anything is possible but I think that ship has sailed. Teryl Austin, Marrone, Lynn also interviewed and there was also rumors we were interested in Todd Haley that year, yikes.

https://247sports.com/nfl/miami-dol...give-Mike-Shanahan-second-interview-42535617/
https://www.si.com/nfl/2016/01/04/miami-dolphins-mike-shanahan-second-interview-head-coach

John Harbaugh or bust. He's a ****ing good coach and knows how to play the Patriots.

But I don't see the Ravens actually firing him.

I believe Gase gets another year and I hope he gets Miami moving in the right direction. It's really hard to judge him considering the problems Miami has had, mainly at the quarterback position. I think he'll have to bring in another defensive coordinator, hopefully an experienced coach who has a resume of success.

That said, if the team struggles the rest of the season it could open the door for a new head coach. Honestly, I don't know who the next up and comer is and that's always a risky proposition. Maybe DeFilipo who was a big part of the Eagles success.

As far as veterans, John Harbaugh seems like a strong candidate. Jack Del Rio is looking better and better after how Oakland has struggled without him. Or maybe John Gruden is just that bad. Tom Shanahan is pretty old, but I advocated for him when the team decided on Gase. Shanahan has always been creative on offense. He would be a short-term guy, but maybe you bring him along with a young coach to groom. Just a thought.

I like Shaw with Stanford, but doubt he'd want to leave.
Meant Mike Shanahan.

Mike Shanahan hes got the pedigree, rings and experience needed to restore Miami reputation.
Yeah, I thought he made a lot of sense back when Miami hired Gase. Not sure he still wants to coach, but if he does I like the idea of bringing in a young assistant that he can mentor (Dan Campbell maybe as OC/Assistant HC).

Back
Top Bottom