• Jay Feidler

Votes: 8 23.5%
  • Lamar Smith

Votes: 1 2.9%
  • Brock Marrion

Votes: 16 47.1%

• Total voters
Originally posted by iceblizzard69

Ask Dolphins management. He wants to play now, and has been working really hard with Shula in practice, something he didn't do in Chi-town.

Dolphins management is trying their best to re up Fiedler, that tells me everything I need to know.

Hey Ice, peace bro...let's just let this whole thing go. It's an argument no one can win

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Amen 87 and 2 words to add to that

Originally posted by dolfan87

Sure it does, but we are talking about JAY here. So I am trying to point out that in this specific case, he didn't make as many mistakes as his stats show.

I personally think that one a player drops it and it turns into an interception, it shouldn't be counted as one, but if you say Jay had 14 interceptions, then you have to take all the other QBs into account. Around 25% of interceptions (maybe a little less) are because of players dropping it.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Amen 87 and 2 words to add to that

Originally posted by iceblizzard69

I personally think that one a player drops it and it turns into an interception, it shouldn't be counted as one, but if you say Jay had 14 interceptions, then you have to take all the other QBs into account. Around 25% of interceptions (maybe a little less) are because of players dropping it.

the percentages aren't fluid, and by that I mean you can't lump all QB's into that. You have to take each one on a case by case basis, and figure out who's fault it was.

In this case, I am just pointing to Fiedler's INT's.

Yes we will let Jay settle it for us.

Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Re: Amen 87 and 2 words to add to that

the percentages aren't fluid, and by that I mean you can't lump all QB's into that. You have to take each one on a case by case basis, and figure out who's fault it was.

In this case, I am just pointing to Fiedler's INT's.

Yes we will let Jay settle it for us.
INT's happen, and it's not the interceptions that bother me. its the decisions to consistantly throw into double and triple coverages. that pass against the jets stands out in my mind because it was one of the most bonehead plays of all time. i don't even know why they threw the damn thing in the first place, there was too much time on the clock. the play calling was not jays fault, but who he threw it to, was!:(

More excuses for Jay 87?? As for you saying Kurt lost that game for them how about factoring in the fact that MARSHALL only touched the ball 7 times in the second half!!! Which points to my case, that MARTZ was the pompous ass that refused to run the ball! In turn!! They lost because of his stubborness and fewer touches for Marshall Faulk!!

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354
More excuses for Jay 87?? As for you saying Kurt lost that game for them how about factoring in the fact that MARSHALL only touched the ball 7 times in the second half!!! Which points to my case, that MARTZ was the pompous ass that refused to run the ball! In turn!! They lost because of his stubborness and fewer touches for Marshall Faulk!!

I think you are in my head right now phinmaster.

may have gotten MVP.............

Originally posted by inFINSible
Tom Brady can't hit a deep throw to save his life(ask David Patten, who watched a sure TD sail miserably over his head) and he just won a Super Bowl.
in the superbowl, but he sure didn't look to swift yesterday!:rolleyes:

Originally posted by Phinmaster1354

You know what...I am getting sick and tired of all this crap. I don't need to make excuses for Jay. You all are about as spoiled as it gets when it comes to QB play.

Kurt Warner was the one who threw the two picks. Now you want to start blaming the coaching? Were they the ones who threw the INT's? I mean if you want to get onto the subject of not using the running back, or even leaning to much on a QB to win games, then Warner makes my point.

He/they didn't use the running game, so in a way it was like NOT having a running game. Oh gee, what happened...what is this you say, the almighty Kurt threw INT's? The god of QB's can't take the load of a whole team and win the game for them?

So give me a freakin break when you say Fiedler is crap. The guy had no running game all year...so now your going to blame him for tossing picks when all he was trying to do was win games?

See there still hasn't been one single person who has explained to me why Peyton Manning (who is supposed to be a great QB) started throwing picks when his main man James went down. Seems that Peyton was trying to win games on his own, trying to take his team on his shoulders cause no one else on offense was stepping up.

Ignorance is bliss...so I guess you guys can just stay happy bashing Jay.

Re: may have gotten MVP.............

Originally posted by dolfan06
in the superbowl, but he sure didn't look to swift yesterday!:rolleyes:

what's your point? i mean for you to go back to the previous page, pick out my only post in this whole mess, and respond with a little smart ass comment, you must be F'ing with me. Is that what you are doing? if so stop wasting your time because it is a game you won't win. You have left me too much ammo with your 3000 posts. Don't get me started.
When i browse these forums and chose to respond to a topic I avoid replying to YOU directly. we have had disagreements in the past and you are too quick to get offended, so I don't even bother. Please, ignore anything I write also. I'm sure everyone here will be happy to hear all this crap stop, as would I, but you can bet your ass I will keep it up as long as you do.

Let's be friends!! Fiedler supporters!!

The only thing I am saying is that there is an altenative to Jay Fiedler! That is my opinion!!! I believe the PHINS have options! I think they should go in a different direction! He is TOO LIMITED!! I just think you can get better production out of McNown or Lucas or maybe even draft a QB! I am sick of being MEDIOCRE!!If we are gonna be mediocre my as well groom a young, potential futrure quarterback!!I'll say it again, I am sick of being average! Aren't you 87? Fieldler is MEDIOCRE and turns the ball over way too much! YOU KNOW THAT! Last year it was his shoulder that caused all the turnovers, remember? Then it was he had no receivers!!Remember? He had a running game last year! This year he didn't! It didn't make a difference he still gave the rock away!Then it was no secret in the offseason the DOLPHINS did shop for quarterbacks!! They just didn't pull the trigger! I am actually curious to see what they do this year! Point being, I really don't think the PHINS really have faith in Fiedler! Do me a favor, ask someone who isn't a DOLPHIN fan,(AND KNOWS FOOTBALL) what they think of FIEDLER!!

Re: Re: Re: Amen 87 and 2 words to add to that

ALSO, I can count 5 INT's that were NOT Jay's fault. Two were the McKnight bobbles for picks, 1 was a Chris Chambers running a deep route, and turned inside for the ball when he should have went outside. Another was when Gadsden slipped on a crossing route and fell down as Jay was throwing him the ball. The last was Chambers running an out pattern, when he was supposed to do a post. These are all confirmed mistakes by the receivers.

Now that takes HIS mistakes down to 14, and how many of those were actually his fault, I am not sure. I only have proof of the 5.

So that would be 20 TD's to 14 int's.

Also you forgot to mention that Green had the number one rusher in the NFL behind him. Trent HAD a great running game.

Two bobbles by McKnight? I only recall one, and that was against the Jets. Where do you get two from?

Unless if you're talking about the playoffs, but stats from the playoffs aren't included in the 19 INT total.

If everyone is going to cut down the # of INTs that weren't Jay's fault, then why not cut down the # of TDs that were caused despite of Fiedler's bad throws?

There were several passes Fiedler threw that were off target, but were still hauled in by WRs for TDs. Gadsen made an acrobatic catch against Tennessee, McKnight had to battle his way through defenders against ST. Louis, Chambers had to get both feet down in the endzone while trying to catch a lame throw by Fiedler, and against Indy Chambers made two acrobatic catches.

Thats 5 TDs that were bad throws turned into big plays thanks to the WRs. So in conclusion, yes the WRs made Fiedler look bad a few times, but they made him look good more frequently.

Back
Top Bottom