Who Would You The Fan Start At Qb? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Would You The Fan Start At Qb?

I'll go with Dan, I think he has one more good year left especially after seeing him compete in Hawaii against Steve Young.
No... I'm serious I want #13 back there one more time.
:cooldude:

How did Dan do at the competition? I reallly wanted to see it.

grendel said:
How did Dan do at the competition? I reallly wanted to see it.

His first pass was a bomb right on the outstretched fingers of his receiver who dropped it. It was the first play from scrimmage and it was right on the money.

Frerotte is a poor quarterback. Feeley needs to start. The only advantagwe Frerotte has is he knows the system. Feeley needs to start not just the regular season but preseason as well.

AJ should be the starter, he's our immediate future and should be given every chance to growth into that position..you guys want instance playoff success, and this year is in it's first year of chances, so AJ should get a chance to growth with everyone else. This may not be the year you guys think. But it's a important year in AJ's growth.

FinaticPatch said:
In reviewing that game I see 2-3 dropped ints. We were lucky, its wasnt all AJ. You see our D really stepped up, and made even tom brady look bad.

Have Brady go 16 games under that same pressure and his stats wouldn't be significantly better than Feeleys.
Cannot judge Feeley on his performance last season. Every aspect of the offense stunk. You have to keep an open mind and give him a chance. As much as some dislike Spielman, he has a good eye for talent. He broke down every play of every game in Feeleys college and NFL career (including preseason) and concluded there was a big upside. I am neither a Feeley basher or Feeley lover, but I do believe he has a good arm and quick release. I don't think we know enough about his decision making. When a QB is CONSTANTLY under pressure and constantly getting hit they tend to rush their throws and make poor decisions. Even Marino did. Marino had some games in his career where he threw 4-5 ints.

I'm tired of us giving a quaterback the job in the pre-season and even in the start of the season, and then benching them at half-time. Hopefully, that stupidity will go with Dave. But supposing that doesn't happen again, I would start Gus because, simply put, he's raw!

AJ was very poise in the pocket later in the season as the o-line started to get a rhythm. With the o-line improved play, I believe AJ could be very very effective.

I vote AJ

Gus is excellent backup.

you know we could trade for qb jake plummer . all it would take is trade boston and feely then we trade #34 to sf for rashaun woods and a center.

mercury 40 said:
you know we could trade for qb jake plummer . all it would take is trade boston and feely then we trade #34 to sf for rashaun woods and a center.

Ugh. No thanks. I frankly don't see why people like Plummer. He hasn't shown me anything other than he can occasionally have a decent game. He has not lived up to his hype IMO since he came out of college. Jake "the snake" is no Ken Stabler (the real snake).

popularwar said:
Are you serious? I really hope that wasn't a serious answer.
How do you expect a quarterback to mature as a player by watching from the sidelines?

Feeley in '05.

Marino matured after sitting part of a season on the bench. I agree AJ is not Marino, or a starting NFL QB for that matter, but the bench seems to be a pretty safe place for him. He can throw less TDs for the other team over there on the sidelines.;)

RUDEbyallMEANS said:
AJ was very poise in the pocket later in the season as the o-line started to get a rhythm. With the o-line improved play, I believe AJ could be very very effective.

I vote AJ

Gus is excellent backup.

Yeah your right about part of that. At the end of the season when he had decent protection, he did look fairly poised in the pocket, right before throwing another pick for 6.

As for the very very effective part, well :roflmao:

Feeley, this is his job and his time. If he cant handle it, then Gus Ferotte. But I want Feeley to start at least the 1st 4 games

Back
Top Bottom