Who Would You The Fan Start At Qb? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Would You The Fan Start At Qb?

brech10 said:
Definition of impotence:
an abnormal physical or psychological state of a male characterized by inability to copulate because of failure to have or maintain an erection called also erectile dysfunction.

This QB battle is extending past the field of play.

:roflmao: :roflmao: :roflmao:

Seriously, Sage, Brock, and Gus are definitely not our future starrting qbs. AJ *might* be our future if he starts playing lights out. Give him the ball this year, see what he's made of. If he can't cut it, we do what we had planned all along and draft our future qb.

Feeley. We need to find out if this is the guy or not. If we start Gus we won't know what our QB situation will be for the future. Maybe AJ can be productive. Plus I have my new #7 jersey hanging in the closet. :tongue:

adamprez2003 said:
Frerotte is a poor quarterback. Feeley needs to start. The only advantagwe Frerotte has is he knows the system. Feeley needs to start not just the regular season but preseason as well.

Frerotte is a poor QB who has shown he can excell in liehans offense. He has huge numbers when Culpepper went down. He has proven he con run this O and until Feeley can do it as well ill go with Frerotte.

rickeyrunsover said:
You arent pulling out the almost ints are you? Guess what? Go watch Peyton Mannings games from the stretch where he didnt thorw an int for what 9 games? You will see a few almost ints or passes that could have been ints. I really hate that argument. If a qb throws absolutely nothing but safe no chance at int passes, stat boys would go really nuts cause the stats would be dreadful. Brady had many games where he had passes that should have been picked, yet were dropped. ALL qbs will have that.

Now the defense played great, no doubt. But AJ played well that game, he was cool in the pocket, drove the team on a few long drives and stood tall in the clutch. If you think there wasnt a ton of pressure on him to produce on that 4th and 21 at the end, you are kidding yourself. It also shows that he has the confidence, the competitiveness and the inner fortitude to play teh position. It doesnt mean he is a guarenteed success, but it shows potential. There are many qbs that would have folded in that situation.

Toughness fotitude all things I agree with. Decision making and quarterbacking skills I did not see almost all year(doesnt mean he has a bad arm I actually like the zip and long ball). When we got a good lead in Buffalo with 3 td's by Feeley you makes safe throws to protect the lead not 4-5 ints that game. Terrible desicion making gets you no where in the NFL at QB.

FinaticPatch said:
Frerotte is a poor QB who has shown he can excell in liehans offense. He has huge numbers when Culpepper went down. He has proven he con run this O and until Feeley can do it as well ill go with Frerotte.

The only thing he's proven is that he can throw to Moss. Something anyone can do.

Feeley, I really have a good feeling with him behind an improved Offensive line, a solid running game and very good receivers.. not to mention a good scheme...
Berlin will be a training camp casulty

Sulamar said:
Feeley needs to start. If he doesn't start this year his only other option is being cut. If Gus beats out Feeley then he is being paid to much to be a back up.

gus makes more money than feeley this coming year. feeley only makes 550 K, so he doesn't have to be cut this year. he get's a big contract spike next year however, and imo anything short of a pro-bowl caliber season won't cut it. oh yea, i think gus should be the starter until we get a REAL QB, b/c right now we don't have a real qb on the roster.

MelbournePhin said:
dont forget that his oline and RB situation were very good as well

Are you saying we dont have a favorably running back situation here? And with Houck our oline will be much inproved.

I wonder if you guys realize that it could take Feeley 2 or 3 years to become a complete QB. He might not make it next year it might be year after next, gotta be patient give the man some time.

FinaticPatch said:
Toughness fotitude all things I agree with. Decision making and quarterbacking skills I did not see almost all year(doesnt mean he has a bad arm I actually like the zip and long ball). When we got a good lead in Buffalo with 3 td's by Feeley you makes safe throws to protect the lead not 4-5 ints that game. Terrible desicion making gets you no where in the NFL at QB.

And corresponding to the change in AJs play Buffalo did what that they werent doing in the first? Bringing the house on blitzes. Which was stupid on their part for waiting so long. Did he make bad decisions? Yeah, but name me any inexperienced qb that wouldnt? We never had a 3 td lead in that game, Buffalo kept it somewhat close and teh defense gave up a few big plays themselves. If we had a comfortable lead, the O Coord would not have been calling plays teh way he did.

It is a tired argument. beaten to death.

Feely, need to see if he can do it with improvements around him (ie at RB, line and overall offense with Houck and Linehan). If not, need to look to future. Think he'll have a short leash with Frerotte around.

Back
Top Bottom