Who Would You The Fan Start At Qb? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who Would You The Fan Start At Qb?

FinaticPatch said:
Frerotte knows the O and will be able to perform at a much higher level because of it.

True, and for that he will probably start. But I'd go with Feeley if he's ok and not terrible. He needs a chance to prove himself and it may as well be a season when a SBowl is not at stake. He has more potential yet to be seen and it never will be seen on the bench.

FinaticPatch said:
In reviewing that game I see 2-3 dropped ints. We were lucky, its wasnt all AJ. You see our D really stepped up, and made even tom brady look bad.

You arent pulling out the almost ints are you? Guess what? Go watch Peyton Mannings games from the stretch where he didnt thorw an int for what 9 games? You will see a few almost ints or passes that could have been ints. I really hate that argument. If a qb throws absolutely nothing but safe no chance at int passes, stat boys would go really nuts cause the stats would be dreadful. Brady had many games where he had passes that should have been picked, yet were dropped. ALL qbs will have that.

Now the defense played great, no doubt. But AJ played well that game, he was cool in the pocket, drove the team on a few long drives and stood tall in the clutch. If you think there wasnt a ton of pressure on him to produce on that 4th and 21 at the end, you are kidding yourself. It also shows that he has the confidence, the competitiveness and the inner fortitude to play teh position. It doesnt mean he is a guarenteed success, but it shows potential. There are many qbs that would have folded in that situation.

Sherif said:
We should start Gus. He may take us to the big dance. There's no reason to jepordize the season on Feeley. We've all seen troughout his carreer from high school to college to the pro's his coaches always have said he doesn't take care of the ball. That's why Feeley is a 3rd string QB brought in by talentless hacks like Speilman and Wanny. You people should have no more loyalty to Feeley than you do for Wade Smith.

We should have no loyalty to AJ? But we should listen to you? ROTFLMAO!!!:roflmao:
Gus is another career backup in a long list of backups brought in to play QB in Miami, the only "starter" we've had here since Marino, was Griese, and he got treated terribly :fire: ...

Jester365 said:
We should have no loyalty to AJ? But we should listen to you? ROTFLMAO!!!:roflmao:
Gus is another career backup in a long list of backups brought in to play QB in Miami, the only "starter" we've had here since Marino, was Griese, and he got treated terribly :fire: ...

Griese aint a starter anymore, sorry but MO. He looked decent with TB, but they protected him. When they didnt he failed as usual. And he was never under teh pressure AJ was. He was never asked to carry the offense. I like Brian, but I just dont see him as a fiery leader. I see more of that in AJ. I agree tho, Brian did get the bumsrush here, including by me. For me it was a situation where it was a half-hearted attempt at replacing Jay, it was a situation where they got a qb that at worst was equal to Jay at best slightly better. He was not a clear cut solution, it wasnt even a signing for potential. Griese was a starter for 4 years and didnt cut it. He did ok for TB and yet they were looking to get A Smith.

I personally see our situation as this, Saban must see enough in the qbs we have and everything will play out. I trust Nick will get the best out of who we have.

dolfan348454999 said:
Gus untill feeley matures.

So we're back to where wanny started last year undecided on the QB'S :shakeno:

If you stick gus in till feeley so called matures we are going to be back to where we started last year, a lost team with no where to go but down.

Go with feeley we have nothing to lose

sayowe55 said:
the dolphins gave up a whole draft for feeley so im gonna go with him

The whole draft?? a second rounder is a whole draft?? well what have you been :infins:

rickeyrunsover said:
Griese aint a starter anymore, sorry but MO. He looked decent with TB, but they protected him. When they didnt he failed as usual. And he was never under teh pressure AJ was. He was never asked to carry the offense. I like Brian, but I just dont see him as a fiery leader. I see more of that in AJ. I agree tho, Brian did get the bumsrush here, including by me. For me it was a situation where it was a half-hearted attempt at replacing Jay, it was a situation where they got a qb that at worst was equal to Jay at best slightly better. He was not a clear cut solution, it wasnt even a signing for potential. Griese was a starter for 4 years and didnt cut it. He did ok for TB and yet they were looking to get A Smith.

I personally see our situation as this, Saban must see enough in the qbs we have and everything will play out. I trust Nick will get the best out of who we have.

My post said that he was the ONLY starter we brought IN, not that he still was one... Every other QB brought here under Dumbstache was a CAREER backup! :fire: :fire: :fire:

Jester365 said:
My post said that he was the ONLY starter we brought IN, not that he still was one... Every other QB brought here under Dumbstache was a CAREER backup! :fire: :fire: :fire:

True. Tho AJ cannot be called a career backup, but he was brought in by Spielman.

I think Gus will start this year. Feeley impressed me toward the end of the season but I think Gus is more familiar with the system thats going to be inplace this year. We'll see how it goes.
Go Dolphins!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

MDFINFAN said:
AJ should be the starter, he's our immediate future and should be given every chance to growth into that position..you guys want instance playoff success, and this year is in it's first year of chances, so AJ should get a chance to growth with everyone else. This may not be the year you guys think. But it's a important year in AJ's growth.

Should be GIVEN, or should have to EARN?

vegasphan said:
Feeley until he proves his imputance, then put in Gus.

Definition of impotence:
an abnormal physical or psychological state of a male characterized by inability to copulate because of failure to have or maintain an erection called also erectile dysfunction.

This QB battle is extending past the field of play.

i would cut ferrote right now, he sucks and will just be a distraction.

Feeley needs to start. If he doesn't start this year his only other option is being cut. If Gus beats out Feeley then he is being paid to much to be a back up.

Back
Top Bottom