Who would you trade to stockpile picks? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you trade to stockpile picks?

If the purpose was to stockpile picks

Then Taylor and McMichael would be my first 2 choices, followed closely by Chambers

Other then that we have no one who could really get us picks unless we trade Brown

LtDan said:
JT...unbelievable!! I can't believe someone actually said that! Nuts!

It's not nuts the question was who you would trade to stockpile picks.

Not who should be traded or who you want traded

Besides I wouldn't mind trading Taylor if it put us in position to get our franchise QB whether it be Quinn or Leinart or whoever or if it helped us land a guy like Fergusson at LT.

fishfanfromjerz said:
ricky....theyre definately going to get rid of him....

I actually read somewhere that they were reworking a contract with him and Leigh Steinberg. I think Saban and Mueller were serious about keeping him.

If Alexander and Edge can't warrent a 2, Ricky can't warrent a 2. Definately at this point. A 3rd might be tough as Henry only got a 3rd barely! And, while ricky was a top back, and has shown signs of the old ricky, hes only played a few games since hes been back.

Ricky is not tradable right now, and I don't believe we're ready to trade him just yet. I think our coaches like the RnR combo.

Players we could trade?

CC. Although we couldn't get more than a 3rd, and this does leave us quite weak at WR, even though I feel hes over valued.

People bring up poole, I don't think we can get value for him.

Jason Taylor, yeah we could get value for him, but I say him and zach, fins for life. They've earned that. In fact, IMO madison has earned it too.

Thats about it. I don't see us stockpiling picks. We need our #1, and trading that is the only way to stockpile picks. We'll have too many options with our #1 (I hope we get brees as a FA and get hawk in the 1st myself) But with our #1, we have sooooooooooooooooo many ways to go. We need a franchise QB, if we pick it up somehow, a younger LB that works well in the 3-4 especially, OL, WR, and more than anything besides QB, a CB

Madison. Maybe, if a KC type team wants him. I still like him. Hes lost a step, but how many times has he been burned honestly? And how many TD's has he saved this season. Hes saved more than hes been burned thats for sure.

i think we stay put with what we've got. i dont think we need to go cleaning house at this point. everyone knows we are going to be looking at an excellent cap situation next year, so lets just look to FA and sit tight on the draft for now. if a great offer arises, take it, but i dont think we need to go looking for anything.

Nick13 said:
i think we stay put with what we've got. i dont think we need to go cleaning house at this point. everyone knows we are going to be looking at an excellent cap situation next year, so lets just look to FA and sit tight on the draft for now. if a great offer arises, take it, but i dont think we need to go looking for anything.

i agree. i think there is already a foundation to build on. QB, CB, and LB are priorities and even some of those can be accuired through FA.

i also wouldnt mind chambers being traded. but nobody wants his salary

I think we ought to trade Sam Madison (For a late 3rd or 4th round pick), Zach Thomas (For a late 2nd or 3rd RP), and Jason Taylor (For a late 1st or 2nd RP) for draft picks this offseason. I've already made my case in other threads.

If the price is right, I'd consider dealing Ricky Williams (i.e., as part of a package to move up to number one or two overall pick in the draft, or if somebody is willing to offer a 2nd or 3rd round pick for him).

I'd really, really, really like to see us:

A) Obtain Matt Leinart
B) Obtain an additional 7-11 rookies via the draft (The team needs to get younger and hungrier)
C) Sign one of these offensive linemen:

- Steve Hutchinson: Pro Bowl OG who just turned 28 earlier this month. May be a bit too pricey.
- Toniu Fonoti: Has a ton of talent and only turns 24 at the end of the month.
- LeCharles Bentley: Turned 26 ten days ago. He's an above average center who may blossom into a top three center.

if we could trade zach to get up and get hawk I would go for that. Can't go wrong with a younger version of the same person although I would hate hate hate to see zach go. Other than that, just madison. No one will take howard and I would want to keep chambers for sure, just if he would rework his contract until he proves otherwise. Maybe McMike, hmmmmmmmm. Don't think trading ricky would be good yet, he has more value than he is showing right now. Oh an def Booker if the plan is to find a receiver. He should have some trade value left in him.

Blitz said:
I think we ought to trade Jason Taylor, Zach Thomas, and Sam Madison for draft picks this offseason. I've already made my case in other threads.

If the price is right, I'd consider dealing Ricky Williams as well.

I'd really, really, really like to see us:

A) Obtain Matt Leinart
B) Obtain an additional 7-11 rookies via the draft (The team needs to get younger and hungrier)
C) Sign one of these offensive linemen (In order of preference):

- Steve Hutchinson: Pro Bowl OG who just turned 28 earlier this month. May be a bit too pricey.
- Toniu Fonoti: Has a ton of talent and only turns 24 at the end of the month.
- LeCharles Bentley: Turned 26 ten days ago. He's an above average center who may blossom into the best center in the league.

Unfortunetly this isn't madden. Out of Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, and Sam Madison the only one we could get value for would be Jason Taylor and his value is at an all time low(getting older, injury concerns, not as productive as previous years). I agree that the team needs to get younger but they also need to have an identity and good veterans to go along with some younger guys. Some people think so unrealisticly, even if we throw ricky williams in there he is like 28ish and the last 2 seasons he actually played i think he averaged like 3.3 yards a carry, and i mean the guy is a headcase(no trade value there). The guys you mentioned trading would be so much more productive than the 2nd day picks we could get for them(we'd get a first day for JT obviously), even if they are only around for a few more years we wouldnt gain enough by trading them and there leadership and knowledge is more important than having a pick that might not even make the team. If we want to stockpile picks we would have to do some manuevering on draft day(trade down) or trade guys in on the lower part of the roster for 6th-7th rd. picks. IMO the value for trading any of the older veterans wouldn't be worth doing, unless the coaches wanted to cut them(unlikely with the players u mentioned).

The only player on our roster that would get us a stockpile of picks is Ronnie Brown and he aint going nowhere. Teams trade multiple draft picks to move up in drafts, not to get veterens that another teams doesnt want.

Lazy1 said:
Unfortunetly this isn't madden. Out of Zach Thomas, Jason Taylor, and Sam Madison the only one we could get value for would be Jason Taylor and his value is at an all time low(getting older, injury concerns, not as productive as previous years). I agree that the team needs to get younger but they also need to have an identity and good veterans to go along with some younger guys. Some people think so unrealisticly, even if we throw ricky williams in there he is like 28ish and the last 2 seasons he actually played i think he averaged like 3.3 yards a carry, and i mean the guy is a headcase(no trade value there). The guys you mentioned trading would be so much more productive than the 2nd day picks we could get for them(we'd get a first day for JT obviously), even if they are only around for a few more years we wouldnt gain enough by trading them and there leadership and knowledge is more important than having a pick that might not even make the team. If we want to stockpile picks we would have to do some manuevering on draft day(trade down) or trade guys in on the lower part of the roster for 6th-7th rd. picks. IMO the value for trading any of the older veterans wouldn't be worth doing, unless the coaches wanted to cut them(unlikely with the players u mentioned).

Agreed....There really isn't much that we can trade to stockpile picks(JT only) If we want to stockpile picks I agree that we would have to trade down in the draft especially if we might be picking in the top 5.

The biggest offseason move that would help this team stockpile draftpicks, is for Rick Speilman to get hired as a gm for another team in the nfl !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

GrnMtnMan said:
Frerotte.

:yeahthat: If he was actually worth more than a couple bags of popcorn.

As far as JT, if we stick with a 3-4 then we needa dump him, hes worthless as a OLB and has only been effective when hes been lined up as a DE.

Back
Top Bottom