Who would you trade to stockpile picks? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you trade to stockpile picks?

I would trade CC and his big salary for TO, with the notion that TO would be on a trial basis this year.

GRYPHONK said:
If the purpose was to stockpile picks

Then Taylor and McMichael would be my first 2 choices, followed closely by Chambers

Other then that we have no one who could really get us picks unless we trade Brown

Thats lunacy, trade JT before CC? yikes. And Mcmicheal? why the hell would you trade Mcmike?

I say we trade away our top picks and avoid ridiculous salaries for unproven players. Pay a bit less for proven Pro's with 3-4 years in the leage and know that you have filled the gaps.

Then do our homework in rounds 3-7.

Another thing. You can stockpile draftpicks by dropping down in rounds. You dont need to trade anybody. I dont think we will be trading anyone anyhows. Saban will let contracts fizzle out. Which is why I am afraid, that we are stuck with CC for a long time. Mcmicheal signing was smart. We need a Qb (forget Leinert, it aint happening and he is overrated anyhow), and a bigtime WR and a probowl LT. On defense we need more beef in the middle and DB's. All can be accomplished without trading anyone.

SarahAnn said:
:yeahthat: If he was actually worth more than a couple bags of popcorn.

As far as JT, if we stick with a 3-4 then we needa dump him, hes worthless as a OLB and has only been effective when hes been lined up as a DE.

Only because hes injured and can only run vertically. Did you watch the preseason he did great as an OLB, all we need to run a 3-4 is a nose tackle and a run stopping DE.

fishfanfromjerz said:
ricky....theyre definately going to get rid of him....
stockpiling 7th round picks isnt going to help all that much.

GRYPHONK said:
If the purpose was to stockpile picks

Then Taylor and McMichael would be my first 2 choices, followed closely by Chambers

Other then that we have no one who could really get us picks unless we trade Brown
hell, im all for that. get rid of you 2 best offensive weapons, and your several time probowler.

:rofl3: :rofl3: :rofl3:

why not just change the team's name to the Texans, and move to texas.

I think the obvious answer is Ricky. It's pretty clear that Ronnie will get the job done, and Morris is a decent b/u. I can see him going north to the Eagles - who really will need another playmaker now that TO is gone. I have no idea what kind of pick we would get for him - anywhere from 2nd to fifth round I suppose.

Other teams who may be interested?

-San Fran
-Green Bay
-Houston (maybe)
-Oakland (Norv, Norv, Norv)
-Tennessee
-Minnesota

finfan54 said:
I would trade CC and his big salary for TO, with the notion that TO would be on a trial basis this year.

what does that have to do with traded someone for picks???

Sam madison... thats about it unless we can get equal value for ricky like a 2 a 3 and a 7 unlesss that I say no

DolfanTom said:
I think the obvious answer is Ricky. It's pretty clear that Ronnie will get the job done, and Morris is a decent b/u. I can see him going north to the Eagles - who really will need another playmaker now that TO is gone. I have no idea what kind of pick we would get for him - anywhere from 2nd to fifth round I suppose.

Other teams who may be interested?

-San Fran
-Green Bay
-Houston (maybe)
-Oakland (Norv, Norv, Norv)
-Tennessee
-Minnesota

-------------

The eagles just gave westbrook a big deal why would they go after ricky

ch19079 said:
hell, im all for that. get rid of you 2 best offensive weapons, and your several time probowler.

Why do some of you have a problem reading?

IF THE PURPOSE WAS TO STOCKPILE PICKS THOSE ARE THE ONES ON THE TEAM WITH VALUE.

I never said anything about actually wanting them traded.

Seriously, I wonder if some of you actually read before responding.

finfan54 said:
Thats lunacy, trade JT before CC? yikes. And Mcmicheal? why the hell would you trade Mcmike?

Once again for stockpiling picks if that was our intent.

Taylor before Chambers. Heck yeah man. Chambers stock is dropping by the game he hes minimal value now.

I really don't see any of the people getting us too much in the way of picks. Maybe Ricky and maybe JT. Otherwise, the other guys just won't get us much...

As for the one poster that mentioned Stevie Hutchinson... Dude that would be awesome. IS he a FA? He is from S.FL... actually went to HS in Coral Springs. It would be awesome to bring him down here. It would almost guarantee that we get 4+ yards a carry with Brown running up the middle. He is a true stud.

ch19079 said:

:lol: :lol:

McMichael isn't going anywhere. He is a great TE, and just signed a contract extension earlier this year.

I would trade Chambers, and ditch Howard for whatever we can get.

GRYPHONK said:
Why do some of you have a problem reading?

IF THE PURPOSE WAS TO STOCKPILE PICKS THOSE ARE THE ONES ON THE TEAM WITH VALUE.

I never said anything about actually wanting them traded.

Seriously, I wonder if some of you actually read before responding.
i read what you said. but if you had read what i said, you would have known that i was joking.

i know that noone would be dumb enough to want to trade away chambers, McMike, and JT for a few draft picks.

i simply stated that it would be funny as hell if you did. and being a bills fan, i would be all for it.

Back
Top Bottom