Who would you trade to stockpile picks? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you trade to stockpile picks?

Ricky Williams to Arizona for this years 2nd and a conditional second for the following season. 2007 should have a few decent QB prospects.

duss12 said:
-------------

The eagles just gave westbrook a big deal why would they go after ricky

Do you honestly believe Westbrook is an everydown back?

Canadianfishfan said:
No they aren't. Don't... You need 2 quality backs in this league nowadays.. Just like you need a proven back up QB.

The team needs draft picks more than two running backs that aren't being used.

Ive always said that big-time WR's dont win games, their job is to CATCH THE BALL....if ur a WR in the NFL, u should be able to do that. With that said, id trade away Chris Chambers, along with Ricky Williams, Sam Madison i may get rid of (Poole, Daniels, Howard...nobody wants Howard). Id also trade Donnie Spragan. Im sure someone would give a 6th for Spragan, at least a 4th for Madison, and at least a 2nd for Ricky. Possibly Vonnie Holliday too.

ItalianDolFan said:
Ive always said that big-time WR's dont win games, their job is to CATCH THE BALL....if ur a WR in the NFL, u should be able to do that. With that said, id trade away Chris Chambers, along with Ricky Williams, Sam Madison i may get rid of (Poole, Daniels, Howard...nobody wants Howard). Id also trade Donnie Spragan. Im sure someone would give a 6th for Spragan, at least a 4th for Madison, and at least a 2nd for Ricky. Possibly Vonnie Holliday too.

What? trade spragan?? he doesn't have any trade value..and we can't trade him because seau will be probably gone, what would leave us with just zach and crowder!!He's a solid backup, we need him and we need more. LB will be an area of need.
I don't agree with the at least a 2nd for ricky. I would trade him for a 2nd, though we'd be very very very lucky to find someone who would give that up for him.

ch19079 said:
stockpiling 7th round picks isnt going to help all that much.

fans on this board think that 6 and 7th round picks are useful.

THEY AREN'T!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

death7star said:

actually under saban I think they might be..though you're not gonna give up solid guys for 6th and 7ths picks, like people is sugesting spragan for a 6th...we have to try to trade all the scrubs for conditionals 6th and 7ths

People forget Saban made his name first and foremost as a scout, not a coach. Now is the best for Saban to stockpile picks for the entire draft. His personal scouting reports on the curent college class will become rather thin in a couple of years.

death7star said:

That is really nearsighted and flawed thinking.
Granted, the farther down in the draft you go the lesser statistical chance of a prospects success become. However, many players in the NFL right now were day 2 picks.

I'm not saying you trade a proven player for picks at this level but to make a statement that round 6-7 draft picks are worthless is false.

Bottom line is that if you increase you number of picks, you are increasing you opportunities of hitting on a good player. Not to mention the ability to package late picks to move up in the draft.

FuturePhin said:
I would trade if cap wasnt an issue, Madison, Chambers, JT, Carter, and possibly Ricky.

Close, but Ricky and Sam have no value and we need JT and Carter.

Chambers needs to be given enough passes this season to increase his value and then he can be traded....although he has a pretty big salary.

jaxdolfan said:
Close, but Ricky and Sam have no value and we need JT and Carter.

Chambers needs to be given enough passes this season to increase his value and then he can be traded....although he has a pretty big salary.

You don't think Ricky has value to a team like Arizona?

fishypete said:
You don't think Ricky has value to a team like Arizona?
i think he has value to all teams, but not nearly as much as you think.

there is no way the fins will be able to trade ricky williams for a 1st day draft pick. plain and simple. no way, not going to happen.

Williams is, at best, worth a 6th rounder in a trade. more likly a 7th rounder, if he has any value at all.

noone cares what he did 3 years ago. what did he do last year? o yeah, quit on his team and failed drug tests... hes 1 failed test away from a year suspention (that alone hurts his trade value). he has not looked great this season in his limited playing time. he just has to much baggage attached to him.

i think the fins can use him effectivly. williams and brown can be a dangerous combination of power and speed, if your OC wanted to use them more.

so he has value to the fins. IMO, he is worth more to the fins than the 7th rounder you might be able to trade him for. because of that, he will stay on the fins roster untill they let him go and he retires.

we could have fixed half our O-line problem by signing Toniu Fonoti before the Vikings did...we coulda signed Matt Stewart (OLB) instead of Donnie Spragan, we coulda got a better CB, we coulda kept a 6th round pick by not going for Cleo Lemon......sometimes i dont know what Saban is thinking...but in the long run, im sure we will all realize he did something right.

ch19079 said:
i think he has value to all teams, but not nearly as much as you think.

there is no way the fins will be able to trade ricky williams for a 1st day draft pick. plain and simple. no way, not going to happen.

Williams is, at best, worth a 6th rounder in a trade. more likly a 7th rounder, if he has any value at all.

noone cares what he did 3 years ago. what did he do last year? o yeah, quit on his team and failed drug tests... hes 1 failed test away from a year suspention (that alone hurts his trade value). he has not looked great this season in his limited playing time. he just has to much baggage attached to him.

i think the fins can use him effectivly. williams and brown can be a dangerous combination of power and speed, if your OC wanted to use them more.

so he has value to the fins. IMO, he is worth more to the fins than the 7th rounder you might be able to trade him for. because of that, he will stay on the fins roster untill they let him go and he retires.

I think Green and Ricky would be a good combo.

Back
Top Bottom