Who would you trade to stockpile picks? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who would you trade to stockpile picks?

fishypete said:
You don't think Ricky has value to a team like Arizona?

Nope. The only team where Ricky has any value is the Phins. Because he owes us so much money. He has to play for us. Even at that, we can't rely on him. He is a flight risk and a drug suspension risk.

Like the other poster said, Ricky may get us a 7th round pick for a team that doesnt want to compete for him in the open market.

Sheesh. With the likes of Marion Barber, Sakmon Gado, anyone they put behind the Denver line, and all this year's first round RB picks early in their contracts, there are not a lot of teams out there who need to compete for Ricky and drive his price up.

We need to trade a player who is young, playing well, and is replaceable.

Chambers almost fits the bill, but he is already considered a failure by most. If, however, he shines the rest of the season and stops dropping passes, we could convince the league that it was Jay/Wanny holding him back and that his best years are ahead of him.

Then we'll get a group of WR like NE who are no names but all can catch the ball. :eek: :eek: :eek:

I think the answer to that is anyone if you think that will help the team improve. No one is safe IMO. At the same time, I think if Miami had better than average play out of the qb position they could be a playoff team. There are more weaknesses than simply qb, but what I'm getting at is this. If Saban believes the team can win next year with a strong draft and offseason, then I think you keep almost all the vets. If 2007 is the goal, then trading a few could make sense.

jaxdolfan said:
Close, but Ricky and Sam have no value and we need JT and Carter.

Chambers needs to be given enough passes this season to increase his value and then he can be traded....although he has a pretty big salary.

Imo, Rickys building his value when he plays Sam, even though he has slowed down is still a top 10 corner in the league. We could get a third for him I would imagine. Chambers just doesnt cut it for me anymore. He drops way more than he should, and he was going to be a hot ticket in f/a before we signed him up, so trading him wouldnt hurt my feelings. I could see a 2nd rd pick for him and a player or something along those lines.

ch19079 said:
i read what you said. but if you had read what i said, you would have known that i was joking.

i know that noone would be dumb enough to want to trade away chambers, McMike, and JT for a few draft picks.

i simply stated that it would be funny as hell if you did. and being a bills fan, i would be all for it.

Ok good.

I have no problem trading away Chambers. He is the only reason we haven't gotten a true #1.

McMichaels I am starting to not want to get rid of.

Taylor- If we could get a pick that would get us the likes of Brady Quinn or Leinart or Fergusson at LT then I would trade Taylor in a heartbeat. I am not expecting a top 5 pick for Taylor let me just get that straight but with him and something else I am saying. If not then I would keep Taylor. If we keep him in the same placement for years to come in this defense then Saban needs to trade him while his stock is still high because he just isn't as dominant right now as years passed and 1 season won't drop his stock too much.

You see I don't care who we trade as long as it betters the team in the long run.

Say we traded Chambers, Taylor, McMichaels.

Then through picks without any more trades we got Quinn (Yes I know he most likely won't declare) or Leinart, Fergusson and then got a guy Like Clements in the offseason I would have no problem doing it. We still have a possible other 1st and a nice pick for McMichael to get some DE'S or whatever we may need.

Just to clarify. I am a fan of the MIami Dolphins not any one player. Yes I would love to see certain players retire phins. BUt this is treated as a business by both teams and players. These players have no true loyalty to the team just like the team has no true loyalty to the players. If this was the case we would never have cap problems and guys would never get cut. So therefor, everyone is tradable if it makes the team better.

fishfanfromjerz said:
ricky....theyre definately going to get rid of him....
RW will be in Miami next year. No incentive to trade him unless it comes in a package deal with others.

RW will not be traded for a simple 3rd Rd. pick.

Unfortunatly, most the players that everyone is talking about are in their 30's...you just dont get good value trying to trade them,the best thing to do is try to lower their cap numbers and use their experiance to groom our young guys.Basically we have NO good younger players to get rid of,nor would we want to.Its just bad value unless we are trying to cut salaries.If I had to get rid of anyone it would be Ricky or madison.

Back
Top Bottom