Whoa! Dolphins employees post on this site! | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Whoa! Dolphins employees post on this site!

Playmaker76

Active Roster
Reaction score
So I was hanging out with a buddy today who used to work for the Dolphins as a season ticket account manager. We were talking about how bad attendance will be at games this year. He proceeded to tell me that his buddies who still work there will have to work harder and post more than usual on Dolphin Forums and blogs to spread as much positivity about the team as possible. He said this was common practice when he worked there and this was emphasized during sales meetings. The employees would post under anonymous names pretending to be a common fan. Anyways, I found this very interesting and thought I would share.

So I was hanging out with a buddy today who used to work for the Dolphins as a season ticket account manager. We were talking about how bad attendance will be at games this year. He proceeded to tell me that his buddies who still work there will have to work harder and post more than usual on Dolphin Forums and blogs to spread as much positivity about the team as possible. He said this was common practice when he worked there and this was emphasized during sales meetings. The employees would post under anonymous names pretending to be a common fan. Anyways, I found this very interesting and thought I would share.

Yeah it's actually quite common in many industries, especially with businesses that sell directly to their end users/customers. Certainly would not surprise me to see that the Dolphins are one of many that do it.

Why?

If that's true then whoever is in charge of the posting on the board should be fired because the percentage of positive posts to negative posts on this board is pretty low.

I can't imagine this board affecting ticket sales very much because it seems like the active posters here seem to be from a lot of places outside Miami. The company people could lie on their profile but the potential ticket buyers wouldn't. I would think DirectTV would be more interested in how Finheaven presented the team than the Miami Dolphins.

Last edited by a moderator:
Wouldn't surprise me. I take it for a given. It's an ancient method of marketing implemented in the internet age. It's common now in most mass marketed industries. It could definitely be a part of what we see here with critical opinions being aggressively attacked and the endless spin jobs. I look suspiciously at fans who are happy when their team loses and seem to have no objections to inept management taking their team for a ride.

Not surprising. Studies show that to this day, word of mouth is by far the most effective form of advertising...

U guys r right. **** I work for the Dolphins in the green department, it's been exposed now. Alright were going 0-16. ****

:lol: i feel like this explains a lot.. i knew something was up when i saw that thread "is richard marshall better than vontae"

TO JEFF IRELAND :

Wouldn't it be cool if you started threads with a Poll ? For instance, any upcoming trades you might be considering.

Yes, yes...it would be cool.

WTF...so out of the less than 10 posters on here that only post positive posts they actually don't think the Dolphins are really any good at all? They are just trying to sell me something. Got to hand it them, that's a nice play-action fake.

Hmm...I bet the department manager of sales is none other than Nublar7...hast to be, no real fan could ever be that optimistic!!!

Nubs... thats my guess
Figured someone would post this. I guess it is better to be accused of being an employee than being called a "clueless blind homer" because I am not negative in every single one of my posts. Hard to be a Dolphins employee way up here in Pennsylvania, but wait maybe that is just part of my cover? :lol:

Can I accuse the negative fans of being employees of the Jets, Patriots or Bills ticket office?

Back
Top Bottom