who's the biggest bust ever? | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who's the biggest bust ever?

Danny

Finheaven VIP
Super Donator
Club Member
Reaction score
There's been a lot of talk here lately about us moving up or moving down and talk about us getting an extra 1st and 3rd for O-gun. I keep on thinking that half the players in the 1st round often turn out to be nothing in the NFL. We all know that we've had our share of players taken in round 1 that never did anything for us. Shipp,Hampton,Bosa,Green and Kumerow to name a few. That's why I like the idea of trading down and getting some extra picks whenever posible. Of course that always depends on who's left on the board and what picks we'd get in return for trading down. Anyway, not just with the fins but with any team, who do you guys think was the biggest bust ever in the draft? A few that come to mind are Leaf,Tony Mandish and Rick Mirrer.

I think Leaf is at the top of the list.

Ozzy rules!!
UP THE IRONS!!

Leaf is at the top, but akili smith was a 3rd overall pick and he flopped. couch was a 1st pick and he wasn't that great. Ki-jana Carter was a #1 pick and he flopped big time too... Desmond Howard was a #4 overall pick AND a heisman trophy winner (of course that usually is the kiss of death for an nfl career)..... he is reduced to the occasional kick-return now.

those are the only ones that come to mind.... (in addition to yours of course!)

There's too many. They're all equal bust if they sucked & were selected in the top 5.

Originally posted by Danny
There's been a lot of talk here lately about us moving up or moving down and talk about us getting an extra 1st and 3rd for O-gun. I keep on thinking that half the players in the 1st round often turn out to be nothing in the NFL. We all know that we've had our share of players taken in round 1 that never did anything for us. Shipp,Hampton,Bosa,Green and Kumerow to name a few. That's why I like the idea of trading down and getting some extra picks whenever posible. Of course that always depends on who's left on the board and what picks we'd get in return for trading down. Anyway, not just with the fins but with any team, who do you guys think was the biggest bust ever in the draft? A few that come to mind are Leaf,Tony Mandish and Rick Mirrer.

I think Leaf is at the top of the list.

Ozzy rules!!
UP THE IRONS!!
the chargers seem to top the charts when it comes to picking losers! brees ain't the QB he was in college!;)

Re: Re: who's the biggest bust ever?

Originally posted by dolfan06
the chargers seem to top the charts when it comes to picking losers! brees ain't the QB he was in college!;)

I'm not sure if Brees was a bust or SD just can't develop.

QB Ryan Leaf (#2 overall)
QB Akili Smith (#3 overall)
DE Courtney Brown (#1 overall)
RB Thomas Jones (#7 overall)
QB Tim Couch (#1 overall)
QB Cade McNown (#12 overall) (booooooo)

You can even argue Keyshawn Johnson (#1 overall) who never lived up to all the hype he got. Outplayed by former classmate Marvin Harrison (#19 overall) his entire career.

Re: Re: Re: who's the biggest bust ever?

Originally posted by NavyFishFan

I'm not sure if Brees was a bust or SD just can't develop.

Brees was a second rounder, & he's not that bad.

Back
Top Bottom