who's the biggest bust ever? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

who's the biggest bust ever?

Originally posted by Disnardo
You beat me to it LeDolfan...
I have to add Lawrence Phillips to the list also. Picked up in the first round by St Louis in 96. Well some of you know his story, off-field problems as well as insubordination in St Louis.

And lets not forget the time that JJ gave him a chance here in Miami. Got caught in breaking to a woman's home, watching her sleeping, and had to jump out the window when her husband or boyfriend saw him.

Tony Mandarich i believe by far is the biggest bust. The SI magazine came out with that specific title on his name...

GOOO FIIINZ

:cooldude:

Just for clarification It was Ciecil Collins that broke into the girls house, Phillips just beat the girls up, Sammie Smith just sat there snorting up the coke and Bobby Humphrey just laid along side of the road witha bullet in his leg. It's so hard keeping up with the All Felon RB team the Fins have had.

or trading rights to Anthony Carter for Don Mcneal.. Tj Turner... Eddie Blake I'm on a roll!!

IMO the biggest bust has to be Opinionated. I don't think Ryan Leaf was a bust, because he sucked to begin with. I went to his cross town rival high school when he lived in Great Falls, MT. The "boy" was a spoiled brat his whole life, and his little brother was just as bad if not worse. He sucked in High School, and somehow made his way through Washington playing "fairly" well. His attitude sucked ALL THE TIME, and he should have never been taken in the first 3 rounds of the playoffs. It just goes to show that "marketing" is how players get recognized or not. Take a class od people like Tom Brady, Kurt Warner, Doug Flutie, Jeff Garcia, and then compare them too a class like Andre Ware, Ryan Leaf, David Klinger, Heath Shuler, Jim Druckenmiller, etc. Players that are good, or were good, compared against people that we "supposedly" good, but really sucked.

Originally posted by aquaman
or trading rights to Anthony Carter for Don Mcneal.. Tj Turner... Eddie Blake I'm on a roll!!
We did trade Carter's right for Don Mcneal. We already had Don as we drafted him in the 1st round earlier. We traded Carter's right for a back up LB from the Vikings but I can't remember his name. I think his first name was Gary. It was a big mistake but we had Duper and Clayton at the time and we needed defence. I thought we were gonna get a starter for him but we got a bust.

Ozzy rules!!
up the irons!!

oops, meant to say that we DIDN'T trade his right for Mcneal.

Ozzy rules!!

There was a QB that played for Notre Dame, I can't remember his name but he had to rank right up there with Lief.

I remember watching a Notre Dame game that Chris Collingsworth called.

Collingsworths words were something like this"Here he is folks...(what ever his name was) this guy can play....he is ready for the NFL right now! He can play!"

Actually he had a terrible game but went on to be drafted, I think in the first round.

Maybe some of you remember him. This may help a little. The HC for ND at the time was this QBs former HS coach from a really successful HS program in Ohio.

"Massillion HS or something like that".

What a waste!!!

ok got a list here
ben kelly, jj johnson,dorian brew,andrew grenne ,aubrey beavers,rick graf... its the anti-probowl roster.

Originally posted by themole
There was a QB that played for Notre Dame, I can't remember his name but he had to rank right up there with Lief.

I remember watching a Notre Dame game that Chris Collingsworth called.

Collingsworths words were something like this"Here he is folks...(what ever his name was) this guy can play....he is ready for the NFL right now! He can play!"

Actually he had a terrible game but went on to be drafted, I think in the first round.

Maybe some of you remember him. This may help a little. The HC for ND at the time was this QBs former HS coach from a really successful HS program in Ohio.

"Massillion HS or something like that".

What a waste!!!

Your not talking about Rick Mirer are you?

Originally posted by PhinPhreak

Your not talking about Rick Mirer are you?

No Phinphreak, it wasn't Mira...this guy was a huge fizzel.

The name just came to me! Ron Paulis (sp)

Aundray Bruce.

#1 overall pick of the Falcons. Played collegiately at Auburn and was a beast. Came to the NFL and floundered because he wasn't big enough to be an end, wasn't fast enough to be a linebacker.

Back
Top Bottom