Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history? | Page 13 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history?

What sum's up Aj Feeley for me wasn't him as a Dolphin but instead against the undefeated 2007 Patriots late in the season, when the Eagles were winning up until close to the end When AJ threw an interception that was obviously the game changer he just had such a look of pure anguish. It just kind of summed up his career for me - he had an arm but he just wasn't good enough to accomplish great things in this league, and he knew it.

True and he was supposed to a starter but our Gm was dumb as hell trading second round pick and a nice contract to then have him backup a guy that should have only been a backup in Fielder.
We handed them the 35th pick in the draft the year that Aaron Rodgers fell to late in first round. we then proceeded to draft matt friggin roth ugh.

True and he was supposed to a starter but our Gm was dumb as hell trading second round pick and a nice contract to then have him backup a guy that should have only been a backup in Fielder.
We handed them the 35th pick in the draft the year that Aaron Rodgers fell to late in first round. we then proceeded to draft matt friggin roth ugh.

We had the number two pick in the draft when Rodgers was taken. He was the frontrunner to be number one overall until teams started overthinking the draft process (a good reason why I thought it was hilarious that NFL teams felt they couldn't be ready for the draft with the virus, considering they just use their resources to make dumber decisions and ignore the obvious).

Karlos Dansby

Who rated Karlos Dansby? He was a disappointment but it wasn't like he was highly talked about once he got here.

Dansby was just the last disappointing line backer signing since Zack Thomas. For some reason we always pulled in guys who were good elsewhere that frequently ended up completely blowing here. Dansby disappointed, but he wasn't Phillip Wheeler either.

Reshad Jones for me. 1 amazing year surrounded by a bunch of meh and me first bullshit.

Reshad Jones for me. 1 amazing year surrounded by a bunch of meh and me first bullshit.

Loved Reshad Jones. On defenses composed of guys who couldn't catch coronavirus in Wuhan this guy was the only one who could make a play. We lost so many games in those years because our defense aside from Reshad simply could not touch the ball in the air and good QB's knew this and would just throw it past them all day long.

I'm going with Charles Harris personally, the number of times folks have described him as a Defensive End or even a Football Player is ridiculously so far from the truth !

I've got a couple of players that were overhyped for a short period of time before they fell flat on their face...

Lamar Gordon
Jay Cutler
Tent Green
Joey Porter
AJ Feely
Brian Griese

While these were far from being overrated by a majority, they all had blind hope supporters before they ever played a down for the Fins... Sort of like Rosen right now...

lamar Gordon was one of my favorites. This website was absolutely rejoicing when we traded for him. Acted like we totally fleeced the Rams. He was in the Kalen Ballage league for the few games he was healthy. Absolutely sucked!

Didn’t he do well on Chicago too though? My point being he had Good sack totals here and then I think he was effective on the Bears as well meaning he likely was pretty good in his own right. I don’t recall fans thinking he was JT but just liking him - I could be wrong.

I agree with this. We liked him but I think we knew why he was getting so many sacks. We traded him for Marty Booker eventually.

lamar Gordon was one of my favorites. This website was absolutely rejoicing when we traded for him. Acted like we totally fleeced the Rams. He was in the Kalen Ballage league for the few games he was healthy. Absolutely sucked!
Played a grand total of 3 games for the Fins... :lol:

I wholeheartedly disagree with this statement. He was one of the most injury prone players in Dolphin history, but not overrated. I remember watching him prior to his first injury and feeling like Miami had FINALLY caught a good break at the RB position and Marino FINALLY had a backfield mate that could take them to the next level.

Kirby serves as just another example of how snakebit Marino and the Dolphins were at the RB position.

Kirby when healthy was a very good pass catcher but he sucked running the football. Very upright and 0 power.

Played a grand total of 3 games for the Fins... :lol:
Yes he was the Rams no 3 RB when we traded for him. IIR he got injured on his longest run from scrimmage for us and it was less than 7 yards or so.

Sam Madison in important division games.

He routinely got roasted by the likes of:

Laverneus Coles
Peerless Price
Troy Brown

Eric Moulds is no slouch but man he seem to have career days every outing vs Miami.

I'll probably get **** for this........but Bob Griese. Hes in the HOF because he was a member of the greatest team ever. He broke his leg , was out half the season and the team didnt miss a beat. I love him like everyone else.......but hes overated.

I'll probably get **** for this........but Bob Griese. Hes in the HOF because he was a member of the greatest team ever. He broke his leg , was out half the season and the team didnt miss a beat. I love him like everyone else.......but hes overated.
Are you forgetting the following season and the rest of his career?

Back
Top Bottom