Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history? | Page 2 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the most overrated player in Dolphins history?

Inspired by Danny's thread I thought this would be an interesting topic to discuss especially for the of us bored at home.

I'm going with Chris Chambers, I remember being on Finheaven back in 2001 and the hype for Chambers was huge after his rookie season. He sadly never lived up to the expectations many had of him after his rookie year. Over and over people blamed the QB, and the offense for Chris's lack of production, I remember many claimed if he had a great QB he would truly shine.

At the end of the day I think Chambers was simply a #2 WR, as he was too inconsistent to be a #1, and regardless of QB he is simply better suited to be a #2. Every year people waited for him to break out and every year outside of 2005 people were disappointed but with excuses ready at hand.

I told my best friend way back in the days that the only way Chambers could be elite is if he either had Dan Marino or the worst QB ever. If it was a good pass right in his hands, Chambers was probably going to drop it. If it was one of those how the **** did he catch it balls, then he was gonna catch. Always said Marino could put the ball anywhere at any time, so if he knew Chambers had to be overthrown by 31 inches to catch the ball, thats exactly where marino could put it.

as far as my thoughts, i liked the guy, but he always got too much hype around here for one season was chad pennington. he nickled his way up the field behind a strong running game and a gimic offense. short, safe, accurate passes then 0-3 the following year after wildcat was figured out, before he was hurt.

Kenyan drake is overrated and I know he wasnt a 1-2 pick but still the guy is a rb from alabama. I was never impressed with his production outside of miracle in miami

I’m leaving out draft busts and going w guys that started yet where hyped up more than I think they deserved. Chris Chambers and Channing Crowder come to mind. As does KARIM Abdul jabberwokky

Matt Moore, rode an underwhelming 2011 into 7 years and several million dollars
If we were counting coaches, I'll go with Saban
He was a backup QB though. What about guys who started but we still don’t know why they did for so long?

Back
Top Bottom