Who's the most underrated player in Dolphins history? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the most underrated player in Dolphins history?

3 others that might be deserving are 1) Jeff Cross - 8th round pick, who was a good pass rusher and very underrated. 2) Ron Heller - came over from Philadelphia and manned the RT spot for a few years under Shula. 3) Roy Foster - a 1st round pick, who played very well at LG for many years.

Last edited:
Lots of good names there guy. I was going to say Tony Nathan but somebody beat me to it.. Tim Ruddy also........of course we had Langer and Stevenson before him which is hard to follow but he was very solid.

What does it mean underrated?
i like OPs call on Kuchenberg -
Bryan Cox was a total game changer - he was on special teams and started fights with other team’s players his sheer will and attitude made a soft team formidable.

offerdahl was great but not underrated really...everyone knew he was amazing.

I thought Terry Kirby was such a great player because Dan really ended up trusting him and he would make opposing defenses crazy because he was such a reliable player.

Duper and Clayton are not in the HOF and they need to be - OMG they were both fantastic- electric! If not being credit due is the definition- those 2 plus Dan changed the NFL - lit it up!!!

Have to go Zach as the fact he isn't in HOF is blasphemous. Second place to me would go to Brock Marion.

I'm going with Nat Moore, dude played with Griese in a time we didn't pass too much and still ended up with 74 receiving TDs which is second all time for the Dolphins. Admittedly he did have 4 years with Marino. People always bring up Warfield, and the Marks brothers but people seem to forget about Moore.
My all time favorite Dolphin. Or close. Was an all pro w Griese. Career was all but over and Marino comes along and revives it. Tony Nathan was another excellent player who was so underrated- excellent rushing average, a lot of yards, great receiver out of backfield and could block. One of the most complete backs we’ve ever had. I couldn’t believe it when he didn’t make the fins all time top 100 players list last year.

Back
Top Bottom