Who's the wealthiest owner in the NFL - 2007 uncapped season? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the wealthiest owner in the NFL - 2007 uncapped season?

BlueFin said:
Yep, not even close, The only one above Paul Allen is Bill Gates. Although I don't know how liquid he is versus the others, a lot of that is probably tied up in microsoft stock.

Actually alot is in stock but a good chunk is liquid, a company called Vanguard...

jnobes7 said:
sort of yes, if it was basketball or baseball we would be talking about lockout or something tho but they wont let football do that.

sent you a reply. Good luck with the accounting thing. Bryan Weidermeyer started out that way. Became the Dolphins CAP accounting guru, and look at him now. President & COO. The front office is all #s people. Get straight A's, and maybe we'll be talking about you in the richest whatever thread!

haha well ima be an accountant until i finish law and then skies the limit, i thought about being an agent but thats a very stressful job so i would just like to work for an organization that i love, ie dolphins or the celtics or the indians. id love to coach but i cant do that on a professional level being a 5-7 kid who never made the high school teams so maybe work my way up and see where i get ya know, with season tickets to the team i love to watch

greatwade said:
you people are funny. Jerry Jones & Dan Snyder could be working at Paul Allen's home - as butlers.

@@@@ has his sh*t together. Doesn't matter though- uncapped 2007? are you nuts?? link please.

Orlando Sentinel - Jan 29, 2006 by Chris Harry - Sunday Insides - Sports page #C12..... Did not print the entire article due to Finheaven regulations, also I don't have a scanner.

"One of he biggest stumbling blocks is among the owners themselves. the big market teams (Dallas,Phila., & Wash) for example with lucrative stadium deals aren't willing to share revenues so eveny with the smaller market teams (such as Buffalo,Green Bay, Pittsburgh)

The players, of course want a bigger piece of the revenue pie. In lieu of an extra helping, an uncapped year sounds pretty lucrative for pending fee agents and it could be. If the March deadline passes, signing bonuses on new deals only can be pro-rated for 4 yrs, rather than 6. That's bad for teams that like to message the cap and stretch out contracts. Of greater concern, is the the "30% rule" which says no players base salary can increase more than 30% each year from the start of a deal. Thats the oposite of how teams have operated since the free-agency era, commenced in l994. In years since big signing bonuses have negated the need for big first and second year salaries, allowing teams to backload deals with the intent to release the player and giving him his movement down the line.

Bumpus said:
...but seriously, what's all this crap about no cap for 2007?

...link?

Search the old threads. I know I posted one several weeks ago. Gene Upshaw says if the NFLPA can't reach a deal with the owners by March, they will walk away from the negotiations and let the current CBA expire. There are some negative consequences to the players if that happens, but the main advantage to them is that there is no salary cap for 2007. Upshaw says that once the salary cap goes away, the players will never agree to bring it back.

SpurzN703 said:
Snyder has already proved he will open his wallet for anyone, so let's hope there is a cap.

Otherwise this goober will buy the whole league

And go 7-9 while doing it. :lol:

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Search the old threads. I know I posted one several weeks ago. Gene Upshaw says if the NFLPA can't reach a deal with the owners by March, they will walk away from the negotiations and let the current CBA expire. There are some negative consequences to the players if that happens, but the main advantage to them is that there is no salary cap for 2007. Upshaw says that once the salary cap goes away, the players will never agree to bring it back.

That would suck for the NFL. The small market teams would just be fodder for the big market teams & richest owners. Teams like the Redskins would have a 150 million dollar payroll while the Packers would be at 30 million. Maybe the should just get rid of the NFC-AFC and split the league up and make it a big market vs small market superbowl. Or at least rearrange the divisions.

DolfanDaveInATX said:
Upshaw can say what he wants, but the NFL is never going to get rid of the salary cap. The last thing the NFL needs, or wants, is to turn into the farce that is Major League Baseball where it's all about buying players. Sure, the Yankees don't win every year, but they buy themselves a chance every year.

Granted, with Huizenga as owner Miami would be able to spend a lot, but who knows how he would handle it. I would hate to see it come to that. But, it's not going to come to that, so it's a moot point.

Just one season uncapped could set the NFL back about 15 years IMO. There will be so much turnover that some teams will be completely out of the running for years and we'll be seeing the same old teams in the super bowl for the next few years until things pan out.

HysterikiLL said:
Just one season uncapped could set the NFL back about 15 years IMO.
It's a ridiculous idea, no doubt. How either the players or owners could be so shortsighted as to let this happen is a mystery to me.

Back on topic kind of, I saw Paul Allens 120' Yaht when I took a canal tour of Ft Lauderdale last December. It was absolutly amazing. He had 4 jet skies on the back to lower down into the water, plus a small helicopter on the deck. Simply amazing. Guide said it cost over $1 million per foot of boat! Guy is loaded.

NLude33 said:
Back on topic kind of, I saw Paul Allens 120' Yaht when I took a canal tour of Ft Lauderdale last December. It was absolutly amazing. He had 4 jet skies on the back to lower down into the water, plus a small helicopter on the deck. Simply amazing. Guide said it cost over $1 million per foot of boat! Guy is loaded.

$120 million yacht?!?!??! Holy crap. But HIGHLY unlikely. I've been on Wayne's, Hudson's, the Busch's, Earnhardts, just to name a few. And the most expensive was $30 million. Sounds possible but not likely.

Those guides are a riot. They can say whatever they want, and most folks believe them. I've been once, and it was very funny to me the things they said about Wayne's boat & house.

Wayne's new boat was Greg Norman's old boat. It is ridiculous. Full time crew of like 7 or more. Geez, that's a lot of staff to have full time for a boat!

I think Paul Allen, the co-founder of Microsoft, is the 3rd richest man in the world?, behind Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. He makes the other NFL owners seem like paupers. Allen, doesn't seem to be a flashy guy though. He is a big Jimi Hendrix fan and created a Hendrix Museum in Seattle. The bottom line though is all owners have the same salary cap.

NLude33 said:

okay, I was curious - Paul Allen does have a $200 million yacht - the Octopus.
I wonder if that is the Yacht you saw? 416' is not 120'. But I think he may have another he keeps in South Florida. Octopus is normally in Europe somewhere. That boat is the most expensive and largest personal watercraft on Earth. Yeah, Allen could hire Jerry Jones to be the 1st mate, methinks.

clear.gif

This just in. Rich people didn't get rich by doing stupid stuff like over spending for lesser talent. NFL stadiums are sold out every week. This ain't baseball. When the season starts every year every fan believes their team has a chance. That can't be said in the other pro sports. There will never be a capless season.

Back
Top Bottom