Who's the wealthiest owner in the NFL - 2007 uncapped season? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who's the wealthiest owner in the NFL - 2007 uncapped season?

greatwade said:
$120 million yacht?!?!??! Holy crap. But HIGHLY unlikely. I've been on Wayne's, Hudson's, the Busch's, Earnhardts, just to name a few. And the most expensive was $30 million. Sounds possible but not likely.

Those guides are a riot. They can say whatever they want, and most folks believe them. I've been once, and it was very funny to me the things they said about Wayne's boat & house.

Wayne's new boat was Greg Norman's old boat. It is ridiculous. Full time crew of like 7 or more. Geez, that's a lot of staff to have full time for a boat!

Actually, I saw a travel Channel special about the worlds best yachts, and Greg Normans(which is now Huezengas was rated number one) in the world.

We have several yachts that come into Cayman that go over the $100 million, heck I have been on a Hatteras that was $30M, bloody thing was loaded. When the Sultan of Brunei was the richest man in the world his yacht would come in often.

All had helicopter landing pads, tenders that were better than my ski boat, jet skis out the ying yang. One crew I met had just come back from the Amazon, where they had taken Wave Runners up the smaller tributaries, said it was amazing saw all sorts of wildlife and native peoples.

Oh to have that kind of money eh??

MNFINFAN said:
We have several yachts that come into Cayman that go over the $100 million, heck I have been on a Hatteras that was $30M, bloody thing was loaded. When the Sultan of Brunei was the richest man in the world his yacht would come in often.

All had helicopter landing pads, tenders that were better than my ski boat, jet skis out the ying yang. One crew I met had just come back from the Amazon, where they had taken Wave Runners up the smaller tributaries, said it was amazing saw all sorts of wildlife and native peoples.

So the question for here is would you rather:
own one of these ships, plus the 5-10 $mil a year to operate and enjoy OR..... the Miami Dolphins LTD & Dolphins Stadium?

I'd take the $$$ and boat. But I bet I'm the only one on here. Am I any less of a fan for prefering to watch the Fins kick *** from my yacht, and letting someone else deal with all the headaches of running the business?

Even if we have an uncapped season it doesn't mean any of the owners will spend more. It's probably a good bet that Snyder will empty his pockets but Paul Allen is not the spending type. Right now the Seattle Seahawks are $21 million under the cap, they haven't signed Shaun Alexander to a long term contract either and there is no excuse for it except that Paul Allen is cheap with his billions.

If we head into an uncapped season don't expect Allen to be among the big spenders.

MNFINFAN said:

Do you know a bouncer/charter boat captain named ROGER? Real tall, like 6'6" multi-racial guy? Real great guy - he lives in Cayman. Just curious.

Here is the Former "Aussie Rules".....renamed the "Floridian" by H Wayne............

clear.gif

Well, if Wayne H was one of the wealthiest, you can probably scratch him off the list after building the biggest screen in the NFl and building that practice bubble

Roman529 said:
I think Paul Allen, the co-founder of Microsoft, is the 3rd richest man in the world?, behind Bill Gates and Warren Buffet. He makes the other NFL owners seem like paupers. Allen, doesn't seem to be a flashy guy though. He is a big Jimi Hendrix fan and created a Hendrix Museum in Seattle. The bottom line though is all owners have the same salary cap.

Actually, he is ranked 7th.

BALLS DEEP said:
Well, starting Viacom and Waste Management alone makes him huge. Do you know he has his own 9 hole golf couse on the ocean at his house?

Oh and he just sold his Boca Resorts (Rewgistry Resort in Naples, Edgewater Beach Hotel in Naples, Naples Grand Golf Course in Naples and Pier 66 in Ft Lauderdale for a meazly 2 billion a year or so ago.
Paul Allen has a 400 million dollar yacht that costs 100 mil/year to run. No contest.

According to that Forbes site... the order I see is: Paul Allen (SEA), Preston Tisch (RIP), Wayne Huizenga, and Robert McNair (HOU).

BlueFin said:
Yep, not even close, The only one above Paul Allen is Bill Gates. Although I don't know how liquid he is versus the others, a lot of that is probably tied up in microsoft stock.
wrong, a lot of people have more than paul allen...not a lot, but a lot condiering they are billionaires. oh and by the way...for some one here who makes 100,000 dollars, it would be like you buying a nice sized flat panal tv to what buying the seahawks is like to paul allen. i would say he could buy all the nfl teams and then have enough to pay all the 2.2 billion dollars the nfl player make. although the guy does have teeth the color of the sun.

BlueFin said:
They will not go crazy anyway, because they all know that future years will be capped and they will have to fit in.

Not if they sign everyone to one year deals!

Back
Top Bottom