Who'se the Phins best WR? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Who'se the Phins best WR?

Who is the Dolphins best WR?

• Total voters
Chambers...

It's easy.

The only thing is............

He's gotta hang onto balls and act like a #1.

Sadly, without that ability, he's still our best WR.

Chambers. I believe he's good but not great. He hasn't reached his supposed potential. Blame is cast on bad OCsor new OCs/ no consistency from he QBs.
But when is it his fault?

Maybe Cam can finally unleash his potential, maybe he can have a good year in 05. The WRs in SD are nothing special, I think we can see some improvement from our WRs.

Why are lil' mexico and Hagen-daz on the list?

I think Hagen can turn into a solid no 3 guy for us. Vick is unproven and overrated because of his overrated brother.

Chambers...

It's easy.

The only thing is............

He's gotta hang onto balls and act like a #1.

Sadly, without that ability, he's still our best WR.

Exactly. It's not that I think Chambers' plays like an elite WR, but he is a #1 guy, and the best WR on our team. Only person close is Booker.

Its not by much, but at this point in thier careers, im going to say Booker is the all-around better reciever. Chambers has the most talent and potential by far, but all-around i give the nod to Booker at this point.

Pretty much how I voted and assessed it.

IMO the word potential is played out when it comes to Chambers. He has been in the league for 6 years and is goin on his 7th year. How much longer are we going to use the potential word with this guy? It's time for dolfans to realize that he is what he is...an average WR who should be a #2 not a #1.

We always want to blame the QB for not getting him the ball, but the truth of the matter is the guy does not have the breakaway speed to create seperation from the elite corners in this league. Therefore he should be moved to the #2 spot so that he does not have to go up against the #1 corners in the league.

There is no more potential when it comes to this guy. He is just an average WR. Other teams #2's are better than Chambers. Look at Terry Glenn, T.J Housh....and of course my boy from the U Reggie Wayne. Sorry for ranting but even the washed up WR's that the Patriots have are better than him.

I'm tired of Chambers and everyone's potential theory. Wake up their is no more potential with this guy. What you see is what you get. Average.

Agreed. The guy has been around long enough to have a chance to produce. And at his current salary is the 2nd or 3rd most overpaid player per production on our team.

Its not by much, but at this point in thier careers, im going to say Booker is the all-around better reciever. Chambers has the most talent and potential by far, but all-around i give the nod to Booker at this point.

x2

my opinion exactly.

IMO the word potential is played out when it comes to Chambers. He has been in the league for 6 years and is goin on his 7th year. How much longer are we going to use the potential word with this guy? It's time for dolfans to realize that he is what he is...an average WR who should be a #2 not a #1.

We always want to blame the QB for not getting him the ball, but the truth of the matter is the guy does not have the breakaway speed to create seperation from the elite corners in this league. Therefore he should be moved to the #2 spot so that he does not have to go up against the #1 corners in the league.

There is no more potential when it comes to this guy. He is just an average WR. Other teams #2's are better than Chambers. Look at Terry Glenn, T.J Housh....and of course my boy from the U Reggie Wayne. Sorry for ranting but even the washed up WR's that the Patriots have are better than him.

I'm tired of Chambers and everyone's potential theory. Wake up their is no more potential with this guy. What you see is what you get. Average.

dude.... potential is not something that is dictated by time. It is dictated by circumstances, system, coaching, everything. Someone could have great potential and never reach where they could be... Perhaps they've had bad coaching, perhaps they've been in the wrong system, who knows?

I think CC has the ability to be great, if you put him in the slot in Linehan's offense with a gunslinger QB... he is one of the top WRs in the league.

dude.... potential is not something that is dictated by time. It is dictated by circumstances, system, coaching, everything. Someone could have great potential and never reach where they could be... Perhaps they've had bad coaching, perhaps they've been in the wrong system, who knows?

I think CC has the ability to be great, if you put him in the slot in Linehan's offense with a gunslinger QB... he is one of the top WRs in the league.

DUDE...I just read an article that should show you that the potential is over with Chris. Read on.

Chris Chambers, well, his TV show would be Everybody Likes Chris. Nobody's ascension to star status would put a smile on as many faces. Nice guy, but only a nice receiver, too. In six seasons, only during the last several games of the 2005 season did Chambers combine possession receiver dependability with deep threat explosiveness.
The quarterbacks throwing to the Cleveland native haven't exactly been Otto Graham and Bernie Kosar, but his friend and fellow Wisconsin alumnus Lee Evans is keeping J.P. Losman employed up in Buffalo, so sometimes you've got to make do.

Key statement is when he mentions sometimes you've got to make do. and Chambers never makes do all he does is complain about how many coaches he has had in so many years. So what? Elite players get the job done. average players..... well we all know what they do we have one in Chambers.

do you even know what potential is?

the fact that Chambers could light it up in the last 6 games of 2005 proves he has the potential. Potential doesn't "go away" just because he hasn't shown it yet.

Look at Rich Gannon. In the league for 16 years... sucked until his 11th year, at which point he became one of the best in the league... went to the pro bowl for 4 years straight once his potential was realized. Why did he not do well earlier? he just wasn't given a proper shot, didn't have a good team, or wasn't in the right system...... (all of the above in some cases).

CC is the same way. Given the right system (you have to give him a pass on the first few games, as it was a new system and he had to adapt), he CAN produce... solidly.

From 2003-2005 he was #3 in the league in TD receptions. #3!!!

The guy has potential, we just need to use him in the proper system.

All this said, i still think Booker is the better producing WR. I think Booker is better in production, but i feel i have to defend Chambers from the unfair criticism.

I think that wes is the best in the clutch. how many times this past year did you see a big first down over the middle to him?

I think that wes is the best in the clutch. how many times this past year did you see a big first down over the middle to him?

he had the advantage of being in the slot... its a positional advantage that you really can't consider when you are evaluating his numbers as compared to chambers and booker.

With the way our o-line played this year, and how bad our QBs were, they were always doing the quick dump-offs - the slot guy got more action. i'm not taking anything away from welker - i love the guy... i just think that Booker or Chambers could have put up the same #'s if they were in his position (the slot).

he had the advantage of being in the slot... its a positional advantage that you really can't consider when you are evaluating his numbers as compared to chambers and booker.

With the way our o-line played this year, and how bad our QBs were, they were always doing the quick dump-offs - the slot guy got more action. i'm not taking anything away from welker - i love the guy... i just think that Booker or Chambers could have put up the same #'s if they were in his position (the slot).
ok good point. so WHY didnt they do that? it seems to me that i question alot of the plays that are called, like 3rd and 1 and a pass play is called.

Back
Top Bottom