Why are we still linked to Watson? | Page 7 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we still linked to Watson?

Sorry, but this is dreck.

GMs are charged with building the best product, which includes being a team people want to watch. Winning is part of being a team people want to watch, maybe the biggest part. But is not the only thing.

Last I checked, 50% of the population are women, yet they aren’t 50% of the NFL fan base. That means doing something like hiring somebody accused of sexual assault, puts you in a very, very bad place with 50%+ of your fan base.

It doesn’t matter if he’s innocent down the road, it matters when the team does the hire / trade. What owner is going to risk losing their fan base over “you are not going to spend north of $100 per person to watch that creep “ from their spouses, even if the guy is willing to wait for the legal outcome?

That wasn’t really a question as the answer is beyond obvious. No one.

Far worse in my opinion, Watson plays QB, the face of every franchise, this isn't some WR or DT, this is the QB. The stench on this guy makes it damn near impossible in my mind for him to EVER QB a team. The PR (thus $$) price would be enormous, you guys thought Mike Vick had an image issue, this is several orders of magnitude above it.

Last edited by a moderator:
You are wrong. 100%.
None? Just plain wrong.
A statement like that makes you have no credibility.
I see you have never a company before, there is such a thing as too much baggage.

I see you have never a company before, there is such a thing as too much baggage.
What baggage if he clear up the mess? Please explain.
BTW, I did own a medium size company and did pretty well. Just FYI, not all talents are squeaky clean.

Watson better hope he doesn’t find out how they do rub n tucks in prison.

Exactly how does Grier know there is a pretty good chance Watson comes through this? Every day it seems that another lawsuit is filed against Watson and now it appears there may be criminal charges to go along with the civil lawsuits.

While I have no idea how this will all end up. I don’t think Grier has any idea either and I don’t think he has any interest in trading for Watson now or in the future. Watson will be dealing with these lawsuits for quite some time and by the time he resolves them one way or the other, Tua will have proved he is a top tier QB in the NFL and there will no longer be any interest in trading for Watson or any other QB.
Precedents brother. This is not the first time a law suit has been brought against an athlete with the intention of making a lucrative settlement or multiple lucrative settlements. The reason they get those settlements is it buys their silence. The reason they bring those suits civilly rather than criminally is so they get money. The reason Tony Buzbee is not cooperating with the Police in this investigation is that his and his clients' goals are NOT to see Watson in jail, but rather to get that settlement money. The incentives of Watson, Buzbee, and Buzbee's clients are all aligned to NOT have Watson in jail, and all NOT give the gruesome details of the alleged offenses.

The criminal investigation is most likely not working with any of Tony Buzbee's clients. It means, if successful, the one person truly exposed will be that witness and they will get no money for it. That is the real danger to Watson's playing career.

I'm not sure whether you're aware of it or not, but there was a Pro Bowl football player who played at Denver, and the Police had to come to his house 33 times in 3 years while he was at Denver and each time it was for domestic violence. Pretty big deal some might say. But, it wasn't really covered very much in the media. The player in question was then traded to Miami, and became a favorite of many fans (not me) on this board. He professed that the incidents were in his past and would not happen again because they were his x-girlfriend's craziness, and he had moved on from her and her craziness. Spoiler alert .... he had another domestic violence incident in Miami with his new girlfriend. The Dolphins stuck with him. He declared himself to have Borderline Personality Disorder, and vowed to be the face of that disorder and work through it. He wasn't cut loose from the Dolphins ... we kept him. It was only when he started taking pot-shots at our QB in the media that we moved on from him. He went on to play for the Jets and professes his undying love of the Jets even today. He was given a job on one of these NFL talk shows, and has moved around a bit but remains a mainstay on one of the premier NFL talk shows on TV today. We don't really hear him talking about Borderline Personality Disorder much anymore though ... he's just a loved celebrity. His name is Brandon Marshall. So, I am not going to jump to the conclusion that the Dolphins will always take the moral high ground.

While all this happened pre-Grier, we have seen Grier take chances with kids who have had erratic behavior and as recent as this offseason with Isaiah Wilson and in the past with Mark Walton. At the end of the day talent wins out, and second chances are given. Grier has shown a short-leash when handing out second chances ... but considering this is the only warning sign for Watson and it is his first offense ... I do think Grier is keeping this one open in his mind. And given the NFL's record of allowing second, third, fourth, Pacman Jones level of extra chances ... I do think Watson comes through this and plays football again.

One of Buzbee's clients held a press conference today detailing her accusation against Watson and confirming that she has filed a police report.

That's going to scare off 32 teams.
Thanks for sharing that. I am surprised that it was one of Buzbee's clients, and I'm confident that Buzbee didn't advise her to do it.

It's not hearsay tho. At least two women actually spoke for themselves. Now if you're saying they're lying that's another story but it's not hearsay. As fas as the GM only concern being how good or bad the player is, that's totally wrong. You do have an image to protect for the team and the NFL. Do you think a GM should say, I don't care if this player or that player likes to rape women or rob people as long as they can play?
Now that they have come out and said it themselves, you are correct. It is no longer hearsay. If they say these same things in court it can be entered as evidence and be considered non-hearsay.

Which statement? All I could find the one with Ashley Solis who after research was massaging him and he became erect and the tip of his penis touched her hand? Sounds like she was a mess to begin with because to be tramatized over that seems excessive.
Checked out her instagram. Not saying that it excuses the alleged behavior, but the style of massage where you are sitting on top of a person is 100% a breeding ground for bad decisions to be made. Hard to comment on anyones mental state, but an experienced "Therapeutic Body Worker" should definitely have an idea of how to respond to such conduct.

yea tua is not in watsons league and probably wont ever be. If i were the dolphins, i would consider trading for him even if he had to sit out this year.

It would be negligent to trade any asset for Watson right now... he is done, no one wants that headache... these civil suits could turn criminal, with one criminal invest I believe already initiated... and barring all the involved woman saying they’re lying (which is extremely unlikely) his reputation is f$&ed, no one will want him as the face of their franchise... never mind giving up assets and money to obtain him only for him to be disciplined by the league at best, leading him to miss games, and any criminal invests could lead to charges, jail, more league discipline etc... it would be completely reckless to trade anything for him right now.... even if he is cleared, there will always be questions about his behaviour

To me it's not even a female fan situation, I want to believe most male fans would not want someone so heinous be a part of the team they are rooting for. If Watson is found guilty of these accusations I would not want him to wear a Dolphins uniform, end of story!
Totally agree. But I was responding to a comment about how football is just about football and the current situation doesn’t impact GMs, they just need to win.

Far worse in my opinion, Watson plays QB, the face of every franchise, this isn't some WR or DT, this is the QB. The stench on this guy makes it damn near impossible in my mind for him to EVER QB a team. The PR (thus $$) price would be enormous, you guys thought Mike Vick had an image issue, this is several orders of magnitude above it.
I agree, and have posted as much earlier in the thread. This was just a response to a post about how GMs only care about winning.

Last edited by a moderator:
Guys leave all political reference out of your posts please

With the police now investigating, because two women had the courage to come forward and file reports, things just took a turn for the worst for Watson. It's just a matter of time, before others begin to follow suit, although that is not a guarantee.

I'd stay away, too volatile of a situation.

Reading what the two women said today, my belief in their case has only strengthened.

The one woman sounds like one of those hippy souls who are attracted to massage. She spoke of calm healing for the soul... Yeah, I know... shiny Earth stuff... but we've met women like this one. Phoebe from Friends...

If the women coming forward are these middle class, holistic healing kind of women... Then Watson did it, and he has a serious sexual addiction.

I wouldn't give a 7th round pick for him right now... he's heading for a suspension and several years worth of psychological counseling.

Back
Top Bottom