Why are we still linked to Watson? | Page 5 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we still linked to Watson?

People keep talking about Watson's leadership and work ethic, but it seems me like the dude spent countless hours on Instagram looking for these women while in engaging in career threatening activities. Even if the acts were consensual encounters (prostitution), it's a terrible sign as to where his focus was and his risk taking threshold.

I can't see how he can juggle an endless supply of massages and all the work it took to procure them while also being fully dedicated to the sport and improving his skillset.

lol. How long to do you think it takes to get a massage appointment? Hi I am Deshaun Watson, franchise star qb of the local team and I would like a massage tomorrow. Ok how about noon. Done.

i know that he should have spent those three minutes watching film, but at least he doesnt have any kids. Those take way more than 3 minutes to raise.

Or is it a team with a fan base that turns on their most heralded draft pick before he even gets a chance to susceed with a full season under his belt?

leaving lebron james GIF

yea tua is not in watsons league and probably wont ever be. If i were the dolphins, i would consider trading for him even if he had to sit out this year.
WOW! you'd throw away a year of this team to get Watson? Thank the heavens you are in no position to do this!

After the lady's statement today, Watson is dunnzo for a while, at least until a complete and thorough investigation and legal proceedings are finished (which could take months).

Consider the Deshaun Watson sweepstakes for everyone closed. Guy is radioactive for now.

lol. How long to do you think it takes to get a massage appointment? Hi I am Deshaun Watson, franchise star qb of the local team and I would like a massage tomorrow. Ok how about noon. Done.

i know that he should have spent those three minutes watching film, but at least he doesnt have any kids. Those take way more than 3 minutes to raise.
Well it's gonna take much longer going forward.... You know since the world knows he's a predatorial scumbag now

I agree that Watson, despite his supposed community generosity and spirit, turns out in reality to be way too dirty to be within 10 zipcodes of Tua's league..

This is clear I would think. The job of an NFL GM is not to find the best citizens, nor is it to build a team the fans like as people. It's solely about building a team that is on the field and producing. Watson is one of the top echelon of QB's in this league by productivity. He has all the traits you want, decent size, good athleticism, strong arm, good leadership in the locker room, and phenomenal productivity on the football field. He's rarely injured, never in drug rehab and prior to this massage issue, never a guy who had legal troubles.

It's a big "if," but if Watson looks like he's going to get past these legal troubles, he instantly becomes a unicorn as an elite QB available. The only similar situation we've seen before was when Peyton Manning became available ... and he came at an exceptionally advanced age with declining skills and a huge spinal medical risk. Watson faces a PR nightmare and potential game suspensions, which in the grand scheme of things is minimal impact on him playing. Now, if the criminal investigation puts him behind bars for 3+ years ... that's a different story. But, at this point it seems unlikely. So of course Grier is monitoring this situation. It would be the biggest feather in his cap ever. Acquiring Watson would be his Herschel Walker trade that lands him on the Mt. Rushmore of GM's, whether we fans like the idea of a creep QB or not.

Consider this, the attorney bringing all these claims forward is not cooperating with the police ... why? Because he wants MONEY ... he wants a settlement for his clients, and avoiding jail time is the best way for Watson to have the resources and incentives to pay that money. The goal is not to convict Watson of a criminal offense. That attorney's goal is to secure settlements and NOT have Watson convicted of a criminal offense. He'll give Watson's camp the gag-clause they want so Tony Buzbee's (the attorney) clients never mention the offensive activity again ... and Watson is clear to say he did nothing wrong and continue excelling as an NFL QB.

So, Grier knows there's a pretty good chance Watson comes through the other side of this and still plays football ... meaning he's still a unicorn. Even if his public reputation takes a massive hit ... it only helps lower the price, so Grier is seeing a very shiny silver lining and a very real possibility he could land this big fish. THAT'S why we're still linked ... because Grier is still interested. Our biggest impediment is probably Grier convincing Ross to take the PR hit.
One of Buzbee's clients held a press conference today detailing her accusation against Watson and confirming that she has filed a police report.

That's going to scare off 32 teams.

Well it's gonna take much longer going forward.... You know since the world knows he's a predatorial scumbag now
He may not be, but anyone with any type of clear thought nowadays knows that in the court of public opinion in our country in this day and age you are guilty until proven innocent.

Watson has a long road ahead of him.

Today's crazy conspiracy of the day:

The Miami Dolphins have a hand in setting these lawsuits. They trade for DeShaun Watson for almost nothing. They dismiss all lawsuits against him completely and he clears his name and goes on to win 556 superbowls.

If any franchise is spreading these rumors; its the pats.

That way, they don't have to surrender so much draft capital to acquire him

One of Buzbee's clients held a press conference today detailing her accusation against Watson and confirming that she has filed a police report.

That's going to scare off 32 teams.
Which statement? All I could find the one with Ashley Solis who after research was massaging him and he became erect and the tip of his penis touched her hand? Sounds like she was a mess to begin with because to be tramatized over that seems excessive.

This is clear I would think. The job of an NFL GM is not to find the best citizens, nor is it to build a team the fans like as people. It's solely about building a team that is on the field and producing. Watson is one of the top echelon of QB's in this league by productivity. He has all the traits you want, decent size, good athleticism, strong arm, good leadership in the locker room, and phenomenal productivity on the football field. He's rarely injured, never in drug rehab and prior to this massage issue, never a guy who had legal troubles.

Sorry, but this is dreck.

GMs are charged with building the best product, which includes being a team people want to watch. Winning is part of being a team people want to watch, maybe the biggest part. But is not the only thing.

Last I checked, 50% of the population are women, yet they aren’t 50% of the NFL fan base. That means doing something like hiring somebody accused of sexual assault, puts you in a very, very bad place with 50%+ of your fan base.

It doesn’t matter if he’s innocent down the road, it matters when the team does the hire / trade. What owner is going to risk losing their fan base over “you are not going to spend north of $100 per person to watch that creep “ from their spouses, even if the guy is willing to wait for the legal outcome?

That wasn’t really a question as the answer is beyond obvious. No one.

Last I checked, 50% of the population are women, yet they aren’t 50% of the NFL fan base. That means doing something like hiring somebody accused of sexual assault, puts you in a very, very bad place with 50%+ of your fan base.
To me it's not even a female fan situation, I want to believe most male fans would not want someone so heinous be a part of the team they are rooting for. If Watson is found guilty of these accusations I would not want him to wear a Dolphins uniform, end of story!

Back
Top Bottom