Why are we still linked to Watson? | Page 4 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we still linked to Watson?

This is clear I would think. The job of an NFL GM is not to find the best citizens, nor is it to build a team the fans like as people. It's solely about building a team that is on the field and producing. Watson is one of the top echelon of QB's in this league by productivity. He has all the traits you want, decent size, good athleticism, strong arm, good leadership in the locker room, and phenomenal productivity on the football field. He's rarely injured, never in drug rehab and prior to this massage issue, never a guy who had legal troubles.

It's a big "if," but if Watson looks like he's going to get past these legal troubles, he instantly becomes a unicorn as an elite QB available. The only similar situation we've seen before was when Peyton Manning became available ... and he came at an exceptionally advanced age with declining skills and a huge spinal medical risk. Watson faces a PR nightmare and potential game suspensions, which in the grand scheme of things is minimal impact on him playing. Now, if the criminal investigation puts him behind bars for 3+ years ... that's a different story. But, at this point it seems unlikely. So of course Grier is monitoring this situation. It would be the biggest feather in his cap ever. Acquiring Watson would be his Herschel Walker trade that lands him on the Mt. Rushmore of GM's, whether we fans like the idea of a creep QB or not.

Consider this, the attorney bringing all these claims forward is not cooperating with the police ... why? Because he wants MONEY ... he wants a settlement for his clients, and avoiding jail time is the best way for Watson to have the resources and incentives to pay that money. The goal is not to convict Watson of a criminal offense. That attorney's goal is to secure settlements and NOT have Watson convicted of a criminal offense. He'll give Watson's camp the gag-clause they want so Tony Buzbee's (the attorney) clients never mention the offensive activity again ... and Watson is clear to say he did nothing wrong and continue excelling as an NFL QB.

So, Grier knows there's a pretty good chance Watson comes through the other side of this and still plays football ... meaning he's still a unicorn. Even if his public reputation takes a massive hit ... it only helps lower the price, so Grier is seeing a very shiny silver lining and a very real possibility he could land this big fish. THAT'S why we're still linked ... because Grier is still interested. Our biggest impediment is probably Grier convincing Ross to take the PR hit.

This is clear I would think. The job of an NFL GM is not to find the best citizens, nor is it to build a team the fans like as people. It's solely about building a team that is on the field and producing. Watson is one of the top echelon of QB's in this league by productivity. He has all the traits you want, decent size, good athleticism, strong arm, good leadership in the locker room, and phenomenal productivity on the football field. He's rarely injured, never in drug rehab and prior to this massage issue, never a guy who had legal troubles.

It's a big "if," but if Watson looks like he's going to get past these legal troubles, he instantly becomes a unicorn as an elite QB available. The only similar situation we've seen before was when Peyton Manning became available ... and he came at an exceptionally advanced age with declining skills and a huge spinal medical risk. Watson faces a PR nightmare and potential game suspensions, which in the grand scheme of things is minimal impact on him playing. Now, if the criminal investigation puts him behind bars for 3+ years ... that's a different story. But, at this point it seems unlikely. So of course Grier is monitoring this situation. It would be the biggest feather in his cap ever. Acquiring Watson would be his Herschel Walker trade that lands him on the Mt. Rushmore of GM's, whether we fans like the idea of a creep QB or not.

Consider this, the attorney bringing all these claims forward is not cooperating with the police ... why? Because he wants MONEY ... he wants a settlement for his clients, and avoiding jail time is the best way for Watson to have the resources and incentives to pay that money. The goal is not to convict Watson of a criminal offense. That attorney's goal is to secure settlements and NOT have Watson convicted of a criminal offense. He'll give Watson's camp the gag-clause they want so Tony Buzbee's (the attorney) clients never mention the offensive activity again ... and Watson is clear to say he did nothing wrong and continue excelling as an NFL QB.

So, Grier knows there's a pretty good chance Watson comes through the other side of this and still plays football ... meaning he's still a unicorn. Even if his public reputation takes a massive hit ... it only helps lower the price, so Grier is seeing a very shiny silver lining and a very real possibility he could land this big fish. THAT'S why we're still linked ... because Grier is still interested. Our biggest impediment is probably Grier convincing Ross to take the PR hit.
You've said the same thing in all the Watson threads that Grier is very interested.

I've seen no indication of this unless you are saying it from a pure GM position. I get the feeling from what has been said publicly that Flores nor Grier are the least bit interested.

We didn't make the moves we recently made with coach hires or trades that indicates we are pursuing Watson. The opposite is in fact true that Tua is the only direction they are heading.

All these articles and tweets are click baits.

Last edited:
You've said the same thing in all the Watson threads that Grier is very interested.

I've seen no indication of this unless you are saying it from a pure GM position. I get the feeling from what has been said publicly that Flores nor Grier are the least bit interested.

We didn't make the moves we recently made with coach hires or trades that indicates we are pursuing Watson. The opposite is in fact true that Tua is the only direction they are heading.

All these articles and tweets are click baits.
Wasn't the basis of this entire thread because the OP had been hearing that we were interested? I think your query ought to be to him ... not to me. My post wasn't trying to prove we were interested ... that was the very premise of this entire thread. I simply explained why I think it makes sense.

Do I think we're interested in Watson? Yes. Press has said it and it makes sense to me. Do I have any inside knowledge of this situation? NO! And I never said, never suggested, and never implied that I did. So if you are suggesting that I'm trying to imply there is some inside info ... I am not. My opinion is my own.

But if we have a GM who rules out top echelon QB's on the buzz of hearsay rumors ... then we should find a new GM. I'm guessing that Grier isn't a complete bafoon.

It would be a case of stupidity for Grier to have anything to do with Watson right now. Observe from a distance.

I thought this article was condemning.

Click bait..... Tua will be better in the long run anyways. Oh and won't be an undercover scumbag

Wasn't the basis of this entire thread because the OP had been hearing that we were interested? I think your query ought to be to him ... not to me. My post wasn't trying to prove we were interested ... that was the very premise of this entire thread. I simply explained why I think it makes sense.

Do I think we're interested in Watson? Yes. Press has said it and it makes sense to me. Do I have any inside knowledge of this situation? NO! And I never said, never suggested, and never implied that I did. So if you are suggesting that I'm trying to imply there is some inside info ... I am not. My opinion is my own.

But if we have a GM who rules out top echelon QB's on the buzz of hearsay rumors ... then we should find a new GM. I'm guessing that Grier isn't a complete bafoon.
I agree that Grier will have to keep all options open all the time as a GM but as of now the Watson stuff is too toxic which is probably the reason their interest is next to nothing but that's also my opinion.

The only team will resources the Texans would want is the Jet's.

It would be a case of stupidity for Grier to have anything to do with Watson right now. Observe from a distance.

I thought this article was condemning.

An “anonymous” source that they reached out to without knowing that the “source” had previously worked with Watson. It just so happens that the “anonymous” source had been asked to work on Watsons penis, which she did not.
Was this written by Scott Templeton? I know that it should definitely be under the fiction section

Excellent view points. That additional 1st round pick in 2023, may be part of a bigger plan to aquire Watson, if and once he's legally cleared. The only way I see this potentially blowing up, is if Watson finds himself fighting criminal charges. Until then both Miami and New York have set themselves up, to possibly be players in a Watson trade. I don't believe Grier is done acquiring more draft capital. There is a real chance pick #18 and/or picks 36 and 50 are moved in trade down scenarios. And then there is always the possibility of players getting traded away. Howard, Parker and Gesicki come to mind.

Oh yeah, every team wants its face to be a sexual predator who has gone through at least 40 masseuses in search for happy endings.... especially women fans LOL

People keep talking about Watson's leadership and work ethic, but it seems me like the dude spent countless hours on Instagram looking for these women while in engaging in career threatening activities. Even if the acts were consensual encounters (prostitution), it's a terrible sign as to where his focus was and his risk taking threshold.

I can't see how he can juggle an endless supply of massages and all the work it took to procure them while also being fully dedicated to the sport and improving his skillset.

Exactly how does Grier know there is a pretty good chance Watson comes through this? Every day it seems that another lawsuit is filed against Watson and now it appears there may be criminal charges to go along with the civil lawsuits.

While I have no idea how this will all end up. I don’t think Grier has any idea either and I don’t think he has any interest in trading for Watson now or in the future. Watson will be dealing with these lawsuits for quite some time and by the time he resolves them one way or the other, Tua will have proved he is a top tier QB in the NFL and there will no longer be any interest in trading for Watson or any other QB.

Hey it's too bad Kellen Winslow Jr was sentenced to so many years of incarceration; maybe there would have been some productivity we could have milked out of him otherwise. But if we need an RB, Ray Rice is still available (and he only battered/molested 1 woman, not potentially 20+)

Back
Top Bottom