Why are we still linked to Watson? | Page 6 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are we still linked to Watson?

Houston ****ed up royally not trading Watson earlier - they just continue to be a trash franchise.

They weren't finding out about this Watson stuff at the same time as we were . . . that is for sure. Can only imagine if they traded him fast and then this stuff shows up the type of conspiracy stuff that would be headed for that organization. Probably would of voided the trade.

They weren't finding out about this Watson stuff at the same time as we were . . . that is for sure. Can only imagine if they traded him fast and then this stuff shows up the type of conspiracy stuff that would be headed for that organization. Probably would of voided the trade.
Buzbee is now considering including the Texans as a defendant implying they knew all of this.

Clearly just attempting to add an even wealthier source to the payout

Buzbee is now considering including the Texans as a defendant implying they knew all of this.

Woot. Let's still trade for the guy and sit him for 5 years.

According to a few Texans forum members claiming to have insider info, the team knew about it and both traded Hopkins cuz he was a bad influence and prevailed upon Watson's mom for an intervention.

If true, the team's deep pockets will certainly be breached

Houston ****ed up royally not trading Watson earlier - they just continue to be a trash franchise.
Even if they'd agreed to the deal in principle, it wouldn't have been finalized until the official start of the new season. That means once the allegations started coming out, the NFL would have stepped in to stop it from happening.

Good point, would the trade have been voided in this case or is it not that black and white?

Wasn't the basis of this entire thread because the OP had been hearing that we were interested? I think your query ought to be to him ... not to me. My post wasn't trying to prove we were interested ... that was the very premise of this entire thread. I simply explained why I think it makes sense.

Do I think we're interested in Watson? Yes. Press has said it and it makes sense to me. Do I have any inside knowledge of this situation? NO! And I never said, never suggested, and never implied that I did. So if you are suggesting that I'm trying to imply there is some inside info ... I am not. My opinion is my own.

But if we have a GM who rules out top echelon QB's on the buzz of hearsay rumors ... then we should find a new GM. I'm guessing that Grier isn't a complete bafoon.
It's not hearsay tho. At least two women actually spoke for themselves. Now if you're saying they're lying that's another story but it's not hearsay. As fas as the GM only concern being how good or bad the player is, that's totally wrong. You do have an image to protect for the team and the NFL. Do you think a GM should say, I don't care if this player or that player likes to rape women or rob people as long as they can play?

It's not hearsay tho. At least two women actually spoke for themselves. Now if you're saying they're lying that's another story but it's not hearsay. As fas as the GM only concern being how good or bad the player is, that's totally wrong. You do have an image to protect for the team and the NFL. Do you think a GM should say, I don't care if this player or that player likes to rape women or rob people as long as they can play?
No that's what coaches and fans say.

But he was suggesting that the GM should care about the person as long as they can play.
I agree with you. Grier has zero interest right now as do most if not all teams. Even Carolina moved on to Darnold because of this.

You've said the same thing in all the Watson threads that Grier is very interested.

I've seen no indication of this unless you are saying it from a pure GM position. I get the feeling from what has been said publicly that Flores nor Grier are the least bit interested.

We didn't make the moves we recently made with coach hires or trades that indicates we are pursuing Watson. The opposite is in fact true that Tua is the only direction they are heading.

All these articles and tweets are click baits.
You are just arguing for arguing sick.
As a player, all GM in the league would be interested.

Stop keep hoppin back to Greir has not been publicly show interested. That is just a stupid argument. Of cause they would not say it to the press. You know better.

yea tua is not in watsons league and probably wont ever be. If i were the dolphins, i would consider trading for him even if he had to sit out this year.
He has not been criminally charged. So far all are civil complaints and asking for monetary compensation.
If no criminal charges coming up....can the league suspend him? If he pay off the civil cases, that means he is not guilty in both civil and criminal. How can the league suspend him for not guilty of anything?

You are just arguing for arguing sick.
As a player, all GM in the league would be interested.

Stop keep hoppin back to Greir has not been publicly show interested. That is just a stupid argument. Of cause they would not say it to the press. You know better.
Grier has zero interest in Watson.....NONE.

Back
Top Bottom