Why are you still a fan? | Page 3 | FinHeaven - Miami Dolphins Forums

Why are you still a fan?

Because of the 1 rule you NEVER break... You don't quit on your team, ever.

I live in CT and had a friend who was a KC fan forever... Till the mid 00s when he all of a sudden was a huge Pats fan. He lost so much respect in my book. I actually can't take any of his sports talk seriously these days.

Because I am loyal. Not many people are these days. Even though they, (the Fins), have let me down time and time again lately I remember the good old days. Like good music. It can never gt out of your system. If you don't know good music then u can't relate.

I've been a fan since I first saw the Phins play the Bills when I was 7 years old. I liked the uniform colors, then I started liking one Daniel Constantine Marino. Been hooked ever since, and we ****ing suck lol.

To start out with as I have said and you can check some of my post.I love the dolphins if they go 16-0 or 0-16.Been this way since they first came into the league and iam 66 years old.I think its nice that cam and his team are rolling.But I wouldn't be caught wearing anything but a dolphins jersey.To me if you come on here and say you can't take it anymore and you won't support the dolphins anymore.You never were a dolphin fan.Band wagons are just like trains they can get derailed.I always say I don't think I will see them win another SB in my lifetime.But then again I say sooner or later we will get it right again.In other words dolphin fan till the day I die.Go Fins.

At this point, I don't know any better. Shoot I still have Phin toys and Xmas ornaments from the early 80s I put out during the Xmas season.

Great post, I like reading other fans 'stories'

Growing up in Canada we wouldn't get many dolphins games on TV but when you did you got to watch Marino play and throw passes to Clayton (Clayton is my name) that hooked me on the dolphins plus ive always loved the color scheme and have always been proud to rock the colours or aqua and orange. You'll never see me in anything nfl that's not Miami. I don't bail on any of my teams and between my 3 teams that I follow there's only been 9 championships in over 200 seasons collectively and only 5 in my 32 years on this planet. I hate bandwagon fans you live with your team through thick and thin. Kinda like a family member, plus who doesn't want a reason to go to Miami. I hope one day I can watch the dolphins be a constant competitor and win a super bowl I can watch live.

I started following the Dolphins like many people did i suppose back in the early/mid 80's...why?...The game was new to the UK at the time and every week on the highlights we watched Dan Marino just tearing defences apart with ease..I fell in love with the Dolphins then and my loyality will never waver....I still support the Dolphins to this day even tho through trials and tribulations and all the grief we have been put through since i follow the old Adage of "If you can't support us through the bad times don't bother following us through the good"That is my personal belief..

PURE AND OTTER LOYALTY that's the bottom line!!! I have been a fan of the GREATEST SPORTS TEAM ever created since 1982 Our my MIAMI DOLPHINS since age 12. When I was a baby in 1972 my dad gave me a stuffed Miami Dolphin I was 2. I was too young to know anything about football at all. But as I got older my Dad pushed the Bears on me at 12 but I did not like the logo I like the Dolphins. He let me watch games with him I fell in love with football and Dolphins. My dad is a Chicago Bears fan with my brother John who both live in California where I was born in Inglewood in 1970. My Dad was born in Palermo, Sicily and raised in Chicago, Illinois DA BEARS were their for him and he love them and the Cubs. See I come from a big Italian Mafia family on both sides DAD and MOM (Palermo and Naples) so to go against him was hard. My dad always wanted me to be a Bears fan but, I just loved the Dolphins since he game me that Dolphin at 2. So at age 12 after we won the AFC Championship versus the Jets to go to the Super Bowl XVII at the Rose Bowl in Pasadena, California I got my wish to watch my team play live in the Super Bowl. Unfortunately, we did not win losing to the Redskins 27-17. But, I cried a whole lot and my dad said, "Don't cry son, they are still the greatest football team ever created in the NFL, when I gave you your Dolphin when you were 2 they won and went undefeated 17-0 to win Super Bowl VII they also won Super Bowl VIII back-to-back they will be back mark my words son." Well he was correct and I got to go to another, Super Bowl XIX in Palo Alto, California. Dan Marino was my idol and will always be (he is the greatest QB ever to play the game in my book period **** Tomo **** Brady or Joe Montana who I hate more). Unfortunately, we did not beat the 49ers (see why I hate Montana). But, still today I wear my Jerseys, my Hats, my Shirts, my P.J's and always represent Win or Lose no matter what. Now I am 45 and soon to be in May 46. That is 34+ years and I will never ever quit till they bury me win or lose. I wish like ALL of our die-hard brethren that we lift a 3rd Lombardi (and many more) but, it takes time to build Champions. I am also a Los Angeles Kings fan since '82 as well and I have seen the Kings grow into a CHAMPION winning 2 Stanley Cups 2012 and 2014. It took a long time but, they love where they are at and so do I.

Being a Dolphins and Kings fan is part of me and my life and I will never ever betray my fandom of the 2 best Franchises ever created. GO DOLPHINS!!!! GO KINGS GO!!!!

Here is the Dolphins record since 1982. I am a historian as well of our team.

322 wins {as of today} and 279 losses {as of today}) Since 1982. Regular season. Playoffs 12 wins 14 losses since 1982. 7 Division Titles since 1982. 2 AFC Championships since 1982.

Because when we finally win, and we will, it'll be all that more sweeter after all the agony.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Two words.

Hometown.

Loyalty.

Simple as that. My 10 year old cousin is a Golden State Warrior and Seattle Seahawk fan. If I ever have a son and he chooses the two front running teams at the time, I am going to teach him that he better stick to both after the good times are over. Dolphins or not. You stick with your teams, especially the ones from your hometown. It's a great life lesson. I will go as far as to say it shows a lot about your character as well. Bandwagon jumper, hometown pride, and just overall team loyalty.

Jan. 13 1974. That's when I became a Dolphins fan. I was 6.
It's all I know. That's MY team.
Win or lose.
Good times or bad.
It's family and you don't betray family, especially when they're down, you stick with them.
I was at that 1 win in 2007, sixth row up at the 50. I teared up when Camarillo scored and we avoided 0-16.
I was at the last game at the Orange Bowl.
I froze my ass off in Buffalo in 95 to see Shula coach one more time.
The day I quit being a Dolphins fan is the day they lower me into the ground.

Because the great memories of growing up in the 80's and watching Marino every Sunday makes me think it can happen all again. Stupid me!

I lived here. I became a fan when I thought Dolphins were cool, Marino was amazing, and Shula represented everything I thought was good in sports. Now I despise what this team stands for. Now I hold on out of stubbornness, a misguided sense of loyalty. I don't want to accept all the hard times I've been through with them have been a waste. Now I'm realizing it's crossed a line where I'm less displaying loyalty than I am just being a bitch to an incompetent corporation who doesn't give a **** about me, the team, the city, the legacy or anything which should matter.

Good question

I'm a 30 plus years fan from California. Haven't missed a California game in a long time. Watched games in Miami too. I grew up a huge Marino era fan and stuck with them. I grew up in Raider/9er country then moved to LA. I've adopted the Lakers and Dodgers but have always stuck with the Phins. I will say that this is the least "Dolphin" this team has ever felt. I think its Ross/Tannenbaum/The new jerseys/Miko Grimes/Bullygate etc It doesn't feel very good rooting for this version of the Dolphins. Yet here we are everyday. I'm hoping it turns around. Let's go Dolphins.

Back
Top Bottom